SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

2-0 with Hawks totally dominant for first 38 minutes. Kings get lucky bounce goal to go into 3rd 2-1. Then wheels fall completely off for CHI. Very strange game to watch.

That. Was. Shocking.

Part way through the second, Chicago up 2-0, in control, and I am thinking It could be a good Chicago Blackhawks - NY Rangers final series. Chicago had been playing well and Crawford was just about untouchable. And then this.

The only thing that I can think of to explain it is that there must really be a fine line between playing poorly and playing well and being in control. Or, LA used up a whole series worth of lucky bounces in one period.

With LA at home the next two games, this could really get to be interesting.

this is what happens when you sleepwalk through games. they did it the whole Wild series and it finally caught up with them. they had better find a way to get to that extra gear or LA will finish them off in five or six. LA wins the next game, book it. The Blackhawks haven't won the first game on the road in a series since 2010.

this is what happens when you sleepwalk through games. they did it the whole Wild series and it finally caught up with them. they had better find a way to get to that extra gear or LA will finish them off in five or six. LA wins the next game, book it. The Blackhawks haven't won the first game on the road in a series since 2010.

HEY! Write your own material! That's my line. :lol:

I'm so upset I thought I would just start to plagiarise. :)

That's funny. Well I'll go ahead and make my take-it-to-the-bank pick of the day, although it isn't exactly going out on a limb: Rangers over Canadiens. Book it. :D

In a live chat on ESPN, Barry Melrose dropped Minnesota as a possible destination for Ryan Miller. Thoughts?

The Wild have $22.7M in cap space going into next year so they'll have room to pick up some players. Thomas Vanek obviously is one of the bigger names being talked about going to Minnesota. I think that would be a mistake. Unless they can get him on the cheap (which they won't) I would not sign Vanek. For what it'll cost to sign each player, I'd take Matt Moulson over Vanek. I think we might be seeing the future of Vanek play out this year - a 3rd liner from here on out. I know Therrien has said don't read too much into where he's practicing or what line he's playing on, blah blah blah... Montreal is in the Western Conference finals and they need big time players to play and produce. If he was 1st/2nd line material, he'd be playing on the 1st or 2nd line and there wouldn't be any discussion about what line he's practicing with.

Edit: Montreal is in the Eastern Conference finals. I can't remember what grade I got in Geography...

In a live chat on ESPN, Barry Melrose dropped Minnesota as a possible destination for Ryan Miller. Thoughts?

The Wild have $22.7M in cap space going into next year so they'll have room to pick up some players. Thomas Vanek obviously is one of the bigger names being talked about going to Minnesota. I think that would be a mistake. Unless they can get him on the cheap (which they won't) I would not sign Vanek. For what it'll cost to sign each player, I'd take Matt Moulson over Vanek. I think we might be seeing the future of Vanek play out this year - a 3rd liner from here on out. I know Therrien has said don't read too much into where he's practicing or what line he's playing on, blah blah blah... Montreal is in the Western Conference finals and they need big time players to play and produce. If he was 1st/2nd line material, he'd be playing on the 1st or 2nd line and there wouldn't be any discussion about what line he's practicing with.

I'd be blown away if the Wild signed some huge contract for an older goalie...they saw what happened to the Blues. The reason the Wild lost to CHI had nothing to do with their goalie or forwards. There were some defensive breakdowns by some of their forwards but I felt their biggest weakness was the defensive core as a whole. Had Crawford not stood on his head for a few of those games the Wild would have made it through, in my opinion. They need to trade away some of their younger prospects (not their key ones) and try to pick up a good 2-way defensemen so everything does not fall on Suter. Then they try and lock up Kesler or Statsny....someone who actually can play on both sides of the ice.

It's the Wild...the land of 10,000 former Gophers. I guarantee you that they'll make a run at Thomas Vanek. Book it.

Edit: Montreal is in the Eastern Conference finals. I can't remember what grade I got in Geography...

Doubt it's going to happen, they have two goalies under contract right now and have to sign Darcy K as well. Also, they can't buy out Backstrom with an Amnesty Buyout because he's injuried. Don't see it happening. JHMO.

Doubt it's going to happen, they have two goalies under contract right now and have to sign Darcy K as well. Also, they can't buy out Backstrom with an Amnesty Buyout because he's injuried. Don't see it happening. JHMO.

Yeah, I'm not sure if they will either. However, I agree with MafiaMan - unfortunately, they will go hard after Vanek.

It's the Wild...the land of 10,000 former Gophers. I guarantee you that they'll make a run at Thomas Vanek. Book it.

Okay, bet Mafia Man and Goon, 12-pack of our favorite beverage. That was the common line of thinking until recently due to the run of a few Wild Players during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

What’s that mean? It could affect going after Thomas Vanek or others. Plus, some of these kids look like they’ll develop into top-6 forwards.

“A lot of young players stepped up and showed they can handle the big stage,” Fletcher said

well evidently coach Q is angry with how the Blackhawhs lost. well good, but whoopdydoo because unless they start to play with some intensity it won't matter. they have played with absolutely zero intensity and heart these playoffs, what makes one think they will start now

well evidently coach Q is angry with how the Blackhawhs lost. well good, but whoopdydoo because unless they start to play with some intensity it won't matter. they have played with absolutely zero intensity and heart these playoffs, what makes one think they will start now

I'm sure the players are po'd they let that one get away. The Hawks dominated the first 2 periods but fell apart after that goal at the end of the 2nd.

They couldn't get back on track after that. They needed a wake up call in both series & finished them off to get to the western finals. This could be that wake up call. It's only one loss in a seven game series. I wouldn't count them out yet.

Brandon Prust better enjoy the rest of game 3 because he'll be watching the rest of this series (at least) from the stands.

For those who missed, a late blind side head shot on Stepan.

Sorry, but that was not a head shot. The shoulder hit squarely into his chest. It was clearly late and interference and deserved a two minute minor. But a head shot it was not. It was hard and from the blind side so he did not see it coming. However, if it is late in the game and NY has the game in hand, Prust better stay off the ice or keep his head on a swivel.

It will be interesting to see how many games the NY Ranger gets for hitting the linesman. That was dumb. If I heard the rules right, it is 3, 10, or 20. 10 or 20 seems unlikely, especially the 20 as there did not appear to be any intent to injure. Evidently the referees and the linesmen get together after the game to classify where it fits in the rules.

Wow...the Blackhawks are 3 wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals, right?