SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Saad gives the Hawks a 2 goal lead after the Wild had been buzzing a little bit. That is where you need your goalie to come up with a save and keep the momentum with you instead it gets by him and all the momentum goes back to the Hawks.

Saad gives the Hawks a 2 goal lead after the Wild had been buzzing a little bit. That is where you need your goalie to come up with a save and keep the momentum with you instead it gets by him and all the momentum goes back to the Hawks.

Ok I get it....no matter what you aren't giving the guy an inch. I get it. :)

Ok I get it....no matter what you aren't giving the guy an inch. I get it. :)

That save has to be made when you have all the momentum like that. When the Hawks need Crawford to come up with a big save you can count on it while when the Wild need Bryz to good luck.

Wild get another goal from a lower tier forward in McCormick to make it 2-1. Then Crawford comes up with a big save on Parise when the Hawks had to have it. Wild really need to their top guys to start showing up on the score sheet in this series.

That save has to be made when you have all the momentum like that. When the Hawks need Crawford to come up with a big save you can count on it while when the Wild need Bryz to good luck.

Which one? The one he absolutely robbed hossa on then a wild dman let toews in clean (with koivu loafing) or the one that tipped off parise's stick? Haha

Which one? The one he absolutely robbed hossa on then a wild dman let toews in clean (with koivu loafing) or the one that tipped off parise's stick? Haha

The 2nd one where there was barely a deflection and he had a clean look at it and just as I'm typing he actually comes up with a big and timely save on Kane.

The 2nd one where there was barely a deflection and he had a clean look at it and just as I'm typing he actually comes up with a big save on Kane.

Haha no disrespect but this is getting ridiculous....that was an unfortunate tip at the hash marks. Do you realize how close the hash marks are? Either way im out. Continue to make these crazy posts. You'll give me a laugh when he does actually give up a bad one.

Haha no disrespect but this is getting ridiculous....that was an unfortunate tip at the hash marks. Do you realize how close the hash marks are? Either way im out. Continue to make these crazy posts. You'll give me a laugh when he does actually give up a bad one.

Yes I realize where the shot was from I've played a ton of hockey. After watching it another couple times the deflection was almost right as he shot it and had even less affect than I first thought. It was a shot the could've been saved without it being an amazing save when the Wild absolutely needed him to come up with one. There are a number of goalies who would've come up with that save and that is what the Wild are lacking right now. I don't see anything that is really so crazy, funny, or ridiculous about these posts, there are a number of people who have said Brygalov has been very average in these first 2 games and that's exactly what I'm saying. Average isn't good enough in the playoffs especially against a team like the Hawks and when you have a goalie like Crawford on the other end.

Bryz played OK...but stats usually don't lie. 3 or more goals in 20 straight playoff games going 3-17. He probably deserved a better fate today.

That is kind of what I'm trying to say OK from Bryz isn't gonna be good enough against the Hawks most nights and that is what it really comes down to. Looking forward to see how the Wild perform coming home as I would think the Hawks will be much better acclimated to playing in an atmosphere like The X than the Avs were and I wouldn't expect a repeat of games 3 and 4 of that series. The Hawks have done a good job on the top players for the Wild both last year and so far this year in the playoffs so it will be interesting to see if they can find the scoresheet in game 3. Important for the Wild to have a good 1st period since they haven't in the first 2 games and it would be huge for the Wild to score first.

Yes I realize where the shot was from I've played a ton of hockey. After watching it another couple times the deflection was almost right as he shot it and had even less affect than I first thought. It was a shot the could've been saved without it being an amazing save when the Wild absolutely needed him to come up with one. There are a number of goalies who would've come up with that save and that is what the Wild are lacking right now. I don't see anything that is really so crazy, funny, or ridiculous about these posts, there are a number of people who have said Brygalov has been very average in these first 2 games and that's exactly what I'm saying. Average isn't good enough in the playoffs especially against a team like the Hawks and when you have a goalie like Crawford on the other end.

This is the same Corey Crawford who has battled it out with Antti Niemi and Ray Emery for the starting job over most of the past four seasons, right? For a second there, I thought we were talking about Vladislav Tretiak.

This is the same Corey Crawford who has battled it out with Antti Niemi and Ray Emery for the starting job over most of the past four seasons, right? For a second there, I thought we were talking about Vladislav Tretiak.

I remember when the chi local media used to throw Crawford under the bus all the time. Niemi and emery had awesome numbers in chi too.

Crawford has become consistently good and shows up pretty big when it counts especially the last 2 seasons.

I think I can explain this nonsense. Ever since Karl Goehring graduated and moved on, no goaltender is good enough for our fan base. And our opponents always have the greatest goaltender in the history of the game. Hence "The Brad Schlossman Rule". Hence the annual tradition of blaming UND goaltenders for every loss, no matter how many shots he was peppered with and no matter how bad our offense was. I think a lot of people have taken this attitude and applied it to the NHL playoffs. I'm afraid there is not much we can do about it, but I share your disgust.

I remember when the chi local media used to throw Crawford under the bus all the time. Niemi and emery had awesome numbers in chi too.

I don't think it was the Chicago media, it was the national media that didn't think he had the talent to win it.

Niemi was traded for salary cap reasons because Crawford showed a lot as his backup & paid his dues in the AHL.

Emery was brought in as Crawford's backup & played great when Crawford was injured. The Hawks tried to keep him but he wanted to be the #1 guy and left as a FA. Did he play much this year? The Hawks brought in Habibulan (sp) as his backup, a total waste of a few million. He played a few games, got bombed & never saw the ice again. They blamed it on an injury. Crawford's got what it takes to win another Cup as long as the Hawks can keep winning.

Crawford's got what it takes to win another Cup as long as the Hawks can keep winning.

So you're saying that as long as Chicago keeps on winning, Crawford has got what it takes...what happens if Chicago starts losing? Does that meam Crawford suddenly sucks?

• Upvote 1

NHL Rivals on NBCSN right now...1992 Patrick Division final between the Penguins and Rangers...those white Penguins jerseys were fabulous. Mario, why, oh why, are you still putting your team in that Vegas gold crap?