SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

I live in NW Minnesota so I don't have to hear that stuff from the cities media for every loss but I can imagine it would get sickening. I was really just talking about the reffing being bad in general both ways for most of the Colorado series and the only game that could really be blamed on it was game 6. As for the goaltending Bryzgalov just doesn't give me a lot of confidence as a Wild fan and its more because it looks like he plays with no confidence and is always out of position rather than some of the goals he has actually given up and who knows even with someone else in the net the Hawks still could have very well won game 1 I just know that the chances improve if Kuemper is in the net and it seems like the team plays much more confident in front of him as well.

I also agree that having bryz in net would make me nervous. When I found out he was starting I wasn't unhappy. I am definitely not a huge fan of the guy but I also kind if feel bad for him. He put up great numbers for Phoenix for 3-4 years I believe and was one of the top goalies in the league, that team was built around defense though as it is tought to attract super stars to that market. He then got sent to the flyers....a death zone to all goalies. Then he went to the oilers (not sure if there was a stop in between) and the oilers literally play no D. So in conclusion, when the wild picked him up I was interested to see if he could regain his old form. I have definitely seen ups and downs with him.

I also agree that having bryz in net would make me nervous. When I found out he was starting I wasn't unhappy. I am definitely not a huge fan of the guy but I also kind if feel bad for him. He put up great numbers for Phoenix for 3-4 years I believe and was one of the top goalies in the league, that team was built around defense though as it is tought to attract super stars to that market. He then got sent to the flyers....a death zone to all goalies. Then he went to the oilers (not sure if there was a stop in between) and the oilers literally play no D. So in conclusion, when the wild picked him up I was interested to see if he could regain his old form. I have definitely seen ups and downs with him.

He played a pretty important role in the Anaheim Ducks Stanley Cup title season, too. Giguere played in the finals and got the most attention though.

I was a Hawks fan before Minny had a team and still am. With that said Minny is first on the list followed by the Hawks. Would love to see the Wild knock off the champs but the goalie situation for the Wild is anything but ideal. If Bryz is the guy throughout they have a 5% chance of pulling it off.

If I remember right you're a big fan of the Bruins :)

Jersey watch:

Ducks: So much potential with that name and those colors. But we get a hot mess of Minnesota Wild and St Louis Blues random piping. More orange would be great.

Kings: I like the return to the Gretzky-era black, silver, and white (still think yellow and purple was better) but the stubby pencil logo just kills that jersey for me.

Okay....I've held off but here are the teams I am rooting for in this round.

Montreal-Boston: Gotta go with the Canadians because I am a throw back Canadians fan to the 1970's and the days of Guy Lafleur. That and I dislike BC, BU, Red Sox, Bruins, etc. Used to be a Celtics fan but I cannot stand the NBA anymore for what it has become. And I used to like listening to Roger Doucet do the Canadian national anthem.

Chicago-Minnesota: Going with Chicago simply because I believe they are a more skilled team.

LA Kings - Anaheim Ducks: Going with the LA Kings, the Matt Greene factor. Besides they have some other guys that are fun to watch.

NY Rangers-Pittsburgh Penguins. I am hoping for seven triple overtime games so that the winner will lose in the next round. Can't stand either team. For Pittsburgh it is the Cindy factor and for NY it is the Tortorelli factor.

Overall, Chicago to win the cup.

Okay....I've held off but here are the teams I am rooting for in this round.

Montreal-Boston: Gotta go with the Canadians because I am a throw back Canadians fan to the 1970's and the days of Guy Lafleur. That and I dislike BC, BU, Red Sox, Bruins, etc. Used to be a Celtics fan but I cannot stand the NBA anymore for what it has become. And I used to like listening to Roger Doucet do the Canadian national anthem.

Chicago-Minnesota: Going with Chicago simply because I believe they are a more skilled team.

LA Kings - Anaheim Ducks: Going with the LA Kings, the Matt Greene factor. Besides they have some other guys that are fun to watch.

NY Rangers-Pittsburgh Penguins. I am hoping for seven triple overtime games so that the winner will lose in the next round. Can't stand either team. For Pittsburgh it is the Cindy factor and for NY it is the Tortorelli factor.

Overall, Chicago to win the cup.

You know he is no longer the Rangers coach right? He was the coach of the Canucks this year and has already been fired from that job.

You know he is no longer the Rangers coach right? He was the coach of the Canucks this year and has already been fired from that job.

Yes, but they are still guilty by association. It is kind of like being infected.

Bryzgalov actually comes up with a big save on a breakaway by Hossa but Toews beats Koivu to the lose rebound and the Hawks strike first. All started with Prosser not being able to get the puck deep and then Stoner has no idea that Hossa was behind him for the breakaway pass.

Hawks look to be a lot more crisp than Friday which was expected and really shut the Wild down that period. If the Wild had any thoughts of re-signing Moulson I think that may just be going away with how horrible he has looked in the postseason.

Hawks look to be a lot more crisp than Friday which was expected and really shut the Wild down that period. If the Wild had any thoughts of re-signing Moulson I think that may just be going away with how horrible he has looked in the postseason.

Agree on Moulson.

Cullen's play making ability could have been a huge plus vs. this CHI team.

2...2...2 SOG for the Mild in period 1.

"Bryz...Bryz...Bryz..." goes the chant at the United Center. ;)

They know who the Hawks best weapon is...........

That reminds me of my all-time favorite taunt from years gone by...Montreal defenseman Patrice Brisebois (pronounced breeze-baugh) had been beaten like a mule so many times one year that the fans taunted him by chanting slightly mis-pronounced BREEZE-BY at him. Not the road fans...the HOME fans!