SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

If I had the orange arm bands in the next game I'd tell both benches that 65 Red gets one, ... one ..., nasty shot on Lucic, no penalty.

I'd tell the same thing to Benn in the ANA/DAL series.

Take a cheap shot, you're guaranteed to get it in kind.

That works in theory, but have you seen Lucic and Perry, they're both a whole lot of nasty. While these plays are dirty, and questionable, they're doing these things for a reason. They're creating space for themselves. You think twice about running them. It's kind of like when Ron Hextal was a goalie for the Flyers, no one wanted to come near his net because you didn't know if you were going to become his next victim. Hockey is a game of intimidation. My co-worker calls it MMA on skates. Another example of this whole lot of nasty is David Backes. Watch him.

Edited by Goon

All I see is blah, blah, blah... When I read that. I am sure a Hab's player has never done that.

It's the playoffs, to quote Danny Kristo, "Time to sack up." The Lucic cup check happens all of the time in the NHL, especially during the playoffs. I think it's funny that people can't see past their hatred for the Boston Bruins.

I'm no hater of Boston, Goon. In fact, I kind of like them. And it's been a while since I've seen a guy skate hard like that to catch someone and pull a stunt like that. Happens all the time? If that was Chris Kunitz doing that against Lucic, you would be the first one here ranting about it.

• Upvote 1

All I see is blah, blah, blah... When I read that. I am sure a Hab's player has never done that.

It's the playoffs, to quote Danny Kristo, "Time to sack up." The Lucic cup check happens all of the time in the NHL, especially during the playoffs. I think it's funny that people can't see past their hatred for the Boston Bruins. I have seen Sid and Malkin do the same friggen thing. If Lucic gets suspended Corey Perry will have to be suspended as well. And we all know that Lucic is the only one that has ever done this, right? Hardly, I predict it will happen again, multiple times before the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are over. Anyone want to bet, probably by a player on your favorite team.

Wow. Just wow. How the F anyone can defend that is beyond me. Take off your Bruin goggles. Unreal goon. Unreal.
  • Upvote 1

I'm no hater of Boston, Goon. In fact, I kind of like them. And it's been a while since I've seen a guy skate hard like that to catch someone and pull a stunt like that. Happens all the time? If that was Chris Kunitz doing that against Lucic, you would be the first one here ranting about it.

. Exactly.

Wow. Just wow. How the F anyone can defend that is beyond me. Take off your Bruin goggles. Unreal goon. Unreal.

You act like this is the first time this has happened in the NHL, it happened twice in less than one hour. As I said, I am not defending it.... I am just not shocked that it happened. Here's an opinion that I found on Boston.com. You're really not going to like this one.

Goading. Antagonization. Retaliation. These are all aspects of the game that get amplified when you're playing the same guys night in and night out. Call it cheap. Call it troglodyte gutter politics, but the fact is that, when you're in the hunt, tempers run hot, and there's no such thing as a short memory.

Detroit, which finished dead last in the league with only nine major penalties in 2013-14, is one of the most disciplined teams in the NHL. Their success hinges on it. When they lose their composure, they fall apart - which was something that the Chicago Blackhawks discovered and exploited in the Western Conference Quarterfinals last year. They flipped the turtle on its back, and it put their series in their hands.

It's the playoffs, to quote Danny Kristo, "Time to sack up." The Lucic cup check happens all of the time in the NHL, especially during the playoffs. I think it's funny that people can't see past their hatred for the Boston Bruins. I have seen Sid and Malkin do the same friggen thing. If Lucic gets suspended Corey Perry will have to be suspended as well. And we all know that Lucic is the only one that has ever done this, right? Hardly, I predict it will happen again, multiple times before the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are over. Anyone want to bet, probably by a player on your favorite team.

CFB and contact to the head also happen so it is still "Time to sack up" If anyone condones this crap you have 0 hockey credibility IMO. Both Lucic and Perry need to sit a game or 2.

• Upvote 1

What's with the rant? People are upset with lucic and perry.....there is no difference. You are acting like lucic is getting all the press.

The bruins aren't the Yankees, they are not the Red Sox, etc.

. Bingo.

So, Brad you're a hockey player, you ever cup checked anyone? No one every condoned it, I said it happens more than you think. You should know that as well. No one said it wasn't dirty... Did you take issue with Prpic when he cup checked Pauko in Denver?

So, Brad you're a hockey player, you ever cup checked anyone? No one every condoned it, I said it happens more than you think. You should know that as well. No one said it wasn't dirty... Did you take issue with Prpic when he cup checked Pauko in Denver?

truthfully no I was never cup checked on purpose or did I ever do it. I have more respect than that. As far as what Perp did he could of done it 3 more times to punkobitch for what he did to Bina. Bina is lucky to be walking. That still pisses me off for what he did. And I have watched many many NHL games over my 52 years of life and I have seen a cup check move like Lucic did maybe 5 times. Maybe.

Much like the slew-foot from Andrew Shaw that wound up breaking Valteri Fulppula's ankle in game 7 of last year's Chicago/Detroit series, the NHL will continue to play the 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' card in terms of discipline. Nothing will happen to Lucic or Perry.

So Quenville gets fined 25 grand for grabbing his crotch and Lucic gets 5 grand for trying to de-crotch a player. The NHL baffles the hell out of me sometimes.

BlmosWHCAAEMBqW.png

Lucic can pay that as easily as you or I can order a cheeseburger at McDonalds. Throw a head shot in the NFL and you're gone from the game. Zing a fastball at a player in MLB and you're likely hitting the showers early. But nail a guy with your stick in the NHL? Meh. Nut up...it's the playoffs.

Lucic can pay that as easily as you or I can order a cheeseburger at McDonalds. Throw a head shot in the NFL and you're gone from the game. Zing a fastball at a player in MLB and you're likely hitting the showers early. But nail a guy with your stick in the NHL? Meh. Nut up...it's the playoffs.

Oh I know the fines mean nothing to either one. My point is one is as cheap as one can get and could of put the player out for a length of time and the other was a harmless gesture. Hence the NHL baffles me at times statement.
  • Upvote 1

That works in theory, but have you seen Lucic and Perry, they're both a whole lot of nasty. While these plays are dirty, and questionable, they're doing these things for a reason. They're creating space for themselves. You think twice about running them.

Creating space? Seriously? How? By having everyone else in the infirmary with broken junk? How about skating to make space.

The "space making" cheap shots will only stop when they are too costly. They can only be too costly one of two ways: eye for an eye, or, major + match penalties plus no-pay-multi-game suspensions.

Creating space? Seriously? How? By having everyone else in the infirmary with broken junk? How about skating to make space.

The "space making" cheap shots will only stop when they are too costly. They can only be too costly one of two ways: eye for an eye, or, major + match penalties plus no-pay-multi-game suspensions.

I agree. Creating space? That's funny. And since when is a shot to the junk a hockey play. Please.