SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

And last night is just another example of why the Wild can't and won't have nice things........................

Really blew that one last night. The horrible Brodziak turnover that led to goal #3 for the Avs and then Spurgeon with the horrible soft clear attempt that doesn't get out and you knew then the AVs would end up scoring there.

Boston 4 Redwings 1(maybe 2).

PB - 1g 1a, +2 65% + FO %.....he may draw Pavel....pretty standard line for him early in the playoffs.

Bruins got their hands full here...Detroit played them pretty tough all year IIRC. Should be a fun series!
  • Upvote 1

Detroit actually took 3 out of 4 in the regular season, but we all found out in last year's Eastern Conference Finals that regular season doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes playoff time. I believe that Boston should win this series because they are the better team but I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Wings at least make it interesting.

Way to go out on a limb there.

ibdHqn7wpx9hyD.gif

Lost a ton of respect for Lucic after this bush league move. Should be suspended in my book.

No comments from DaveK or Goon on this yet...interesting. Of course, had Pittsburgh been in Detroit's place last night, this thread would have 170 new posts already!

All I see is blah, blah, blah... When I read that. I am sure a Hab's player has never done that.

It's the playoffs, to quote Danny Kristo, "Time to sack up." The Lucic cup check happens all of the time in the NHL, especially during the playoffs. I think it's funny that people can't see past their hatred for the Boston Bruins. I have seen Sid and Malkin do the same friggen thing. If Lucic gets suspended Corey Perry will have to be suspended as well. And we all know that Lucic is the only one that has ever done this, right? Hardly, I predict it will happen again, multiple times before the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are over. Anyone want to bet, probably by a player on your favorite team.

Edited by Goon

All I see is blah, blah, blah... When I read that. I am sure a Hab's player has never done that.

It's the playoffs, to quote Danny Kristo, "Time to sack up." The Lucic cup check happens all of the time in the NHL, especially during the playoffs. I think it's funny that people can't see past their hatred for the Boston Bruins. I have seen Sid and Malkin do the same friggen thing. If Lucic gets suspended Corey Perry will have to be suspended as well. And we all know that Lucic is the only one that has ever done this, right? Hardly, I predict it will happen again, multiple times before the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are over. Anyone want to bet, probably by a player on your favorite team.

Sorry Goon - I'm a big Bruin homer too, but I won't go as far as to say that "this happens all the time in the NHL, especially in the playoffs". I don't like it. not sure that he should get along suspension, but I think both Lucic and Perry deserve a good fine. I didn't watch the entire game, so didn't see what led up to it, but Lucic is tough enough that he doesn't need to resort to that.

What's interesting to me is that if the Montreal writer from the article that MM posted wants to make a point, then make a point. Instead, he resorts to this:

The apparently prestigious Boston Globe led the charge on Friday night, pumping out an article titled "In Defense of Lucic's Cheap Shot - Welcome to Playoff Hockey" by Jerard Fagerberger, whose parents apparently couldn't spell Gerard and have a stupid last name.

Once I read that, he loses all credibility. Just another team's fan/writer looking to take an unnecessary cheap shot.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Goon - I'm a big Bruin homer too, but I won't go as far as to say that "this happens all the time in the NHL, especially in the playoffs". I don't like it. not sure that he should get along suspension, but I think both Lucic and Perry deserve a good fine. I didn't watch the entire game, so didn't see what led up to it, but Lucic is tough enough that he doesn't need to resort to that.

What's interesting to me is that if the Montreal writer from the article that MM posted wants to make a point, then make a point. Instead, he resorts to this:

Once I read that, he loses all credibility. Just another team's fan/writer looking to take an unnecessary cheap shot.

I am not defending it, I just find it funny that people think Lucic should be suspended, but the Corey tap is okay. I don't get the logic. I will bet you, this happens tonight or the following night. Emotions are going to amp up as the various series go to their second, third and fourth games. I have seen it in college as well. A lot of times, theses types of plays don't always get detected by the on-ice officials and or cameras.

*Programing note. Just like the UND games. I have a DVR Genie, meaning I could tape up to five hockey games and if you have video requests, get them in... I have most of the games for a day, before I delete them. You can get them in by tweeting me at @goon48 the link is in my signature. I need is the time of the play in question and period.

Edited by Goon

I am waiting for my buddy Dave to weigh in though. :) I have another buddy that a Pens fan and he was whining on Facebook, and texting me last night about the Boston Bruins, more specifically, complaining about Chara, Marchand and Milan Lucic...

If I had the orange arm bands in the next game I'd tell both benches that 65 Red gets one, ... one ..., nasty shot on Lucic, no penalty.

I'd tell the same thing to Benn in the ANA/DAL series.

Take a cheap shot, you're guaranteed to get it in kind.