SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Not even close. It is a way of getting the Penguins to develop an "us against the world" mentality and take it out on every opponent that gets in their way. It's like, "We have to contend with thuggish behavior on a regular basis from classless teams like Boston and Philly, and then people choose to whine about one of OUR guys?" NO!!! That is just complete and total garbage.

Interesting spin, was curious how you'd try to defend something that is pretty clear cut. This isn't another player or fan base whining about behavior, it is a former NHL referee who has no skin in the game. He's calling it like he sees it. If Pittsburgh needs to develop an "us against the world" mentality because one of their players is being called out on his behavior, they have some pretty poor locker room leadership. Some interesting quotes from Stewart's full articles:

When I was an active referee, I would tell the team leaders and the coach to get control of such players or I would have to do it for them -- and they wouldn't like the result. If I told Ray Bourque or Dave Poulin to get someone on their team in line, I never had another problem with that guy. I would hope Sidney Crosby could be told the same thing by an official, but I have not seen that sort of leadership from him.

Lest you think I am picking on the Pittsburgh Penguins, this has nothing to do with the uniform anyone wears. I don't care about that. I could just as easily be talking about the Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks, Toronto Maple Leafs or any other club. Fill in the blanks.

What I am talking about there is a player who pushes things too far and becomes more of a detriment than a help to his team. The NHL does not hold this player accountable and, thus far, neither have the leaders in his dressing room.

Mind you, Neal has already been given a break by the NHL this season for his repeated diving. In a February 7 game against the New York Rangers, Neal received his third penalty of the season for embellishment. There is no doubt that the penalty was deserved.

Under Rule 64.3 – a Rule the NHL made a whole lot of hoopla about creating to take a harder stance on divers – players are subject to a one-game suspension for a third diving penalty in a season. Neal, however, was not suspended.

Why no suspension? Supposedly, it was because the player had not been warned by the NHL after the first or second diving incidents this season.

To recap, last month Neal got his third strike under the diving protocol. He was given a break. This month, Neal was guilty of at least the seventh League-reviewed play in his career for a reckless or dirty hit. He was given a break again, in the same season where there was no choice but to banish him for five games for kneeing an opponent in the head.

Not even close. It is a way of getting the Penguins to develop an "us against the world" mentality and take it out on every opponent that gets in their way. It's like, "We have to contend with thuggish behavior on a regular basis from classless teams like Boston and Philly, and then people choose to whine about one of OUR guys?" NO!!! That is just complete and total garbage.

So what mentality are they going to develop after Giroux and Philly knock them out of the playoffs this year?

• Upvote 1

That's a pretty cocky attitude, JohnboyND7. Don't think I won't remember you said that if it doesn't play out that way.

Don't think I don't remember you being cocky before the Bruins/Penguin series last year posting the picture of Claude Julien on the bench with the caption "oh crap, we have to play the Penguins now". How did that turn out for you? In your little world the rules you put on others don't apply to you. That is why nobody watches your Bruins video because you lack respect on this board and are seen as a pair of clown shoes. And no, I'm not a Bruins fan.

• Upvote 1

Don't think I don't remember you being cocky before the Bruins/Penguin series last year posting the picture of Claude Julien on the bench with the caption "oh crap, we have to play the Penguins now". How did that turn out for you? In your little world the rules you put on others don't apply to you. That is why nobody watches your Bruins video because you lack respect on this board and are seen as a pair of clown shoes. And no, I'm not a Bruins fan.

Ouch! Karma.

Exactly how is it doctored, genius? Like "The Hockey News" has nothing better to do than doctor video footage for the purpose of helping some random guy in North Dakota prove that Boston is a bush league team. :silly:

If you're going to argue my points, at least try to keep your fiction/lies out of it please! :glare:

If you have to resort to these childish tactics it clearly shows that your precious Boo-Hoo'ins are guilty as charged.

Hockey News doesn't doctor footage, but Dave K does. :)

Exactly how is it doctored, genius? Like "The Hockey News" has nothing better to do than doctor video footage for the purpose of helping some random guy in North Dakota prove that Boston is a bush league team. :silly:

If you're going to argue my points, at least try to keep your fiction/lies out of it please! :glare:

If you have to resort to these childish tactics it clearly shows that your precious Boo-Hoo'ins are guilty as charged.

You're actually from North Dakota!!! I threw up a little. :crazy:

Posted just hours before Pittsburgh went on to lose Game 1 en route to getting swept.

580211_524786564224365_1215588816_n.jpg

Great hit by James Neal against Detroit's Luke Glendening the other night, too. Cross-check to the face...OUCH!

http://nesncom.files...gif?w=500&h=276

Mafia, I've reviewed the footage you provided and can without a doubt verify that not only is this video authentic, but it totally backs up the earlier comments by the former referee regarding Neal. The book is closed on this one, nice job Mafia.:)

That's a pretty cocky attitude, JohnboyND7. Don't think I won't remember you said that if it doesn't play out that way.

The best part about this is... I will be genuinely happy if the flyers win and I can troll you for a full calendar year. But i will not be even remotely sad if they lose. Such is my interest in the NHL.

In my little world the rules that I put on others apply to myself as well. I earned the crow that I had to eat after the upset in last year's Eastern Conference finals. Sorry to burst your little bubble, obnoxious one, but that was a big swing and a miss. Better luck next time.

You mad bro?

In my little world the rules that I put on others apply to myself as well. I earned the crow that I had to eat after the upset in last year's Eastern Conference finals.

I wouldn't consider the Bruins thrashing of the Penguins an upset; going into the series the teams seemed fairly evenly matched...that is, until the puck dropped.

In related news, Boston wins their 10th straight game tonite with a 4-2 win over New Jersey...oh, and average Marchand with his league leading 5th short handed goal tonite...22nd goal overall.

I have no idea, but who got the dime on his goal?

This comes as a surprise to you? Where did you think I was from?

This may come as a surprise to you, but reading Siouxsports daily for ten years, I have never given you or what you say a second thought. My first impression of everything you have written would suggest you are from the land of fruit and nuts, was bullied as a child and pass out at the sign of blood.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, ok.

It was PB (see my earlier posts on the benefits of playing with him) #top5 :)

I actually had to look that up. I was a tad harsh on BM, I just hate the guy because he is a trash talker, he turtles and I do not like the Bruins (from a team standpoint). I love the way PB plays though.