SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

Seriously? 5 years isn't a big enough sample size to prove your fan base is nuts?

I was honestly wondering why 5 years was chosen, since it is easy to make numbers say what you want if a specific time period is chosen. I actually wanted to know.

In those five years, the referees from those games are still active in the WCHA and thus, could be at Mariucci Arena this weekend. If you go back six years, you have Jon Campion who has been retired since 2011.

This is a legitimate reason, thanks.

I invite you all to listen to the GPL Podcast as we record it live at 9pm. I will be on my best behavior. I promise. :hypocrite:

Okay I won't be on my best behavior, but you expect that from me. :whistling:

Listen just after 9pm here: http://www.gopherpuc...hp?page=podcast

So I'm about 10 minutes into this thing and I'm very glad that I've never heard of these GPL podcasts before. What a waste of time. I'll stick this one out to hear what genius thoughts these intellects have on the Sioux series - that's if the heating unit doesn't keep kicking in or the baby stops crying. Good Lord! I may also listen in next week to hear what you have to say after this weekend's Siouxweep at The Toilet.

So I'm about 10 minutes into this thing and I'm very glad that I've never heard of these GPL podcasts before. What a waste of time. I'll stick this one out to hear what genius thoughts these intellects have on the Sioux series - that's if the heating unit doesn't keep kicking in or the baby stops crying. Good Lord! I may also listen in next week to hear what you have to say after this weekend's Siouxweep at The Toilet.

During the podcast lastnight -> @hammyhockey said, "Bitter [uND] fans and a crappy town."

WCCO reported this morning that some tickets for the series are going for up to $400 per ticket.

Yup! Hottest ticket in town. I'm guessing UND fans are dropping some coin because many many tix keep popping up! Go sioux

A gopher fan making fun of Grand Forks? NOOO!!!

They have the same old, tired material. I used to get mad and debate them, but now I just say: "to each their own".

Yeah, it's the same crap in last year's podcast as well. All three predicted a Gophers sweep as well.

I was honestly wondering why 5 years was chosen, since it is easy to make numbers say what you want if a specific time period is chosen. I actually wanted to know.

This is a legitimate reason, thanks.

Sorry about that. My intensity level is up this week! Sometimes I jump the gun. :)

Yup! Hottest ticket in town. I'm guessing UND fans are dropping some coin because many many tix keep popping up! Go sioux

... and it's not a rivalry worth playing every year according to Lucia. Just wonder how UND fans would react if Hakstol was spouting the same rhetoric that Lucia is. No coach should be bigger than the rivalry.

Gopher basketball has a huge game Thurs vs #5 Michigan and the Wild open the season Saturday night but the hockey series is easily the toughest ticket to get right now. I think thats pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

A gopher fan making fun of Grand Forks? NOOO!!!

They have the same old, tired material. I used to get mad and debate them, but now I just say: "to each their own".

Exactly. Hammy and his minions think it's a "crappy town." Fine. Meanwhile Shane Gersich fell in love with the small town and campus.

The gpl podcast was fun to listen to. They do a good job and jup/hammy and whoever the 3rd guy is at least know their hockey! Things get taken way out of hand with this rivalry fan wise. Have fun with it while we kick their ass! :) What did you think they were gong to say? Lol. That grand forks is the next Scottsdale and UND sweeps! We all know UND is going to come out flying and hopefully smack rau and company around. I think we see high scoring games fr whatever reason. Intensity will be on a level neither has played with this season. Go get em boys!

I am going to go out on a limb and say in at least one game we will lose a player to a bogus/questionable CFB penalty and on that pk we will have another questionable penalty call against us to go down 5 on 3. the gophs will have at least 12 pp's this weekend and we will have less than 5.

I'm hoping for a fair refed game just like everyone else I'm sure but I'm not going to hold my breath on it. Lets just hope the goofer players don't turn their backs and put there heads into the boards, how about the sioux players don't even check a guy if he standing facing the boards cuz they could get a 5 that way too from what I saw in another game were a team was playing the goofs.

I'm hoping for a fair refed game just like everyone else I'm sure but I'm not going to hold my breath on it. Lets just hope the goofer players don't turn their backs and put there heads into the boards, how about the sioux players don't even check a guy if he standing facing the boards cuz they could get a 5 that way too from what I saw in another game were a team was playing the goofs.

Why would a hockey player put themself in a dangerous position like that? I understand players try to draw penalties but not by putting themselves at risk.

The gpl podcast was fun to listen to. They do a good job and jup/hammy and whoever the 3rd guy is at least know their hockey! Things get taken way out of hand with this rivalry fan wise. Have fun with it while we kick their ass! :) What did you think they were gong to say? Lol. That grand forks is the next Scottsdale and UND sweeps! We all know UND is going to come out flying and hopefully smack rau and company around. I think we see high scoring games fr whatever reason. Intensity will be on a level neither has played with this season. Go get em boys!

You must know these guys and are trying to be nice to them. "Fun to listen to" would not be words that I'd use to describe what I just wasted an hour on, and "they do a good job" and "they know their hockey" would not be words I'd use to describe those 3 stooges. Sorry...

You must know these guys and are trying to be nice to them. "Fun to listen to" would not be words that I'd use to describe what I just wasted an hour on, and "they do a good job" and "they know their hockey" would not be words I'd use to describe those 3 stooges. Sorry...

Maybe fun wasn't the right word :)

I laughed at a lot of it to be honest. They sure were wrong on a few things but that's the podcast is meant to stir things up. They can't stand the sioux and we can't stand the gophers. I personally think it's the best rivalry in college hockey and my favorite in college sports for a list of reasons. just embracing this week and enjoying it and will do so even more when we beat up the gophs ok their own barn! Time for The Animal to destroy some little gophers

Why would a hockey player put themself in a dangerous position like that? I understand players try to draw penalties but not by putting themselves at risk.

ask bjugstad, hasn't he drawn like three cfb's penalties this season. if I'm a UNDplayer I don't touch him if he is anywhere near a wall.

Maybe fun wasn't the right word :)

I laughed at a lot of it to be honest. They sure were wrong on a few things but that's the podcast is meant to stir things up. They can't stand the sioux and we can't stand the gophers. I personally think it's the best rivalry in college hockey and my favorite in college sports for a list of reasons. just embracing this week and enjoying it and will do so even more when we beat up the gophs ok their own barn! Time for The Animal to destroy some little gophers

Thats the second time I've seen you refer to the animal. Maybe I live under a rock but who are you referring to? Macwilliam I'm guessing?

Thats the second time I've seen you refer to the animal. Maybe I live under a rock but who are you referring to? Macwilliam I'm guessing?

Just the nickname Matt Greene gave macwillliam when he was back in town one weekend. It was on a brad miller time episode I believe.

That Friday game against UAA, it looked like Buddish did exactly this. Maybe not trying to put himself at risk, but trying to draw the penalty by turning right before the UAA player hit him. The ref of course gave the 5 minutes to the Gophers who were down by 1 with a few minutes left I believe. The game was over at that point.