SiouxSports.com Forum

Jameer Jackson

bincitysioux

It might be a little unconventional but I'm not sure I want to bring in another quarterback.

We NEED another quarterback; are we all that short-minded? We just experienced a season where our starter was surprisingly injured and our poor depth situation could've turned into a disaster at any moment. After all, is it not possible for 2 QBs on the same team to get hurt in the same season? Of course it is; we need depth and a JUCO or FBS-dropdown would fit in wonderfully. I still expect Mollberg to start, but to enter the season with only 2 viable quarterbacks would be beyond negligent.

With the embarrassment of riches we have at WR, I don't think its inconceivable for another transfer to fall into our lap like Hanson did. With the weapons at your disposal and the fact that you will be playing nine games indoors and the other two in Portland and Davis, California, UND has to be a pretty inviting place to make a big splash if you are a transfer looking for a place to play.

• Upvote 1

With the embarrassment of riches we have at WR, I don't think its inconceivable for another transfer to fall into our lap like Hanson did. With the weapons at your disposal and the fact that you will be playing nine games indoors and the other two in Portland and Davis, California, UND has to be a pretty inviting place to make a big splash if you are a transfer looking for a place to play.

Yeah, displaying the level of success that Hanson has had this season and with the wealth of receivers returning next year, I don't think it would be too difficult to entice another 5th-year dropdown to come in for a year and compete for the starting job on a team that we expect/hope to make the playoffs, depending on the level of improvement in our defense. Also, based on the last couple years, would much prefer a dropdown to a JUCO transfer.

It's pretty amazing the effect a 5th year FBS player who never started has had on this team. I admit I was very excited when we got an FBS transfer but wasn't really that impressed that he was from UNC, an average FBS team. Imagine if we picked up a stud from a mid/upper level BCS school who is stuck behind some players.

It's pretty amazing the effect a 5th year FBS player who never started has had on this team. I admit I was very excited when we got an FBS transfer but wasn't really that impressed that he was from UNC, an average FBS team. Imagine if we picked up a stud from a mid/upper level BCS school who is stuck behind some players.

North Carolina has had incredible athletes on their recent football teams, but multiple other issues.

Braden had offers from Kansas St, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan St, Rutgers, Missouri, and Colorado. Every single one of those schools except Colorado and arguably Iowa effectively recruited high quality QBs.

For the first three years, Braden backed up T. J. Yates, who started last year for the Texans while Schaub was down. Yates had impressive seasons for the Tar Heels and remains second for the Texans after Schaub.

Butch Davis was forced to resign the fall before Hanson was an academic senior.

UNC started a Sophomore Bryn Renner, instead of Hanson, when Southern Miss's coach moved in. This was Renner's performance last year:

Year Team Attempts Completions Completion % Yards TDs INT

2009 North Carolina Redshirt

2010 North Carolina 2 1 50.0% 14 0 0

2011 North Carolina 308 212 68.8% 2,769 23 12

Back luck just seems to follow Hanson, being stuck behind Yates, than passed over by the new coach in favor of Renner, than a broken leg in his first game at UND.

The Dallas Cowboys have been scouting Hanson at UND.

• Upvote 1

Since this has turned into a bit of a Braden Hanson thread. I figure it's ok to post this article here: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/247884/

Braden's dad was actually sitting in front of me for most of the third quarter of the Montana game. Nice guy and you could tell he get's a bit nervous when his son is out there. I didn't want to distract him too much with questions, but he did say his son is enjoying his time at UND.

I agree that we will need to bring in some help next year at the QB position. It would be nice if we could get someone the caliber of Braden Hanson, but I don't think the odds are in our favor. It's too bad a lot of people in GF aren't taking advantage of seeing him play. He's a talent that we don't get in GF, for UND or their opponents QB's, very often.

Since this has turned into a bit of a Braden Hanson thread. I figure it's ok to post this article here: http://www.grandfork...icle/id/247884/

Braden's dad was actually sitting in front of me for most of the third quarter of the Montana game. Nice guy and you could tell he get's a bit nervous when his son is out there. I didn't want to distract him too much with questions, but he did say his son is enjoying his time at UND.

I agree that we will need to bring in some help next year at the QB position. It would be nice if we could get someone the caliber of Braden Hanson, but I don't think the odds are in our favor. It's too bad a lot of people in GF aren't taking advantage of seeing him play. He's a talent that we don't get in GF, for UND or their opponents QB's, very often.

Too bad Hanson couldn't have another year or 2 of eligibility left.

UNC has been a top NFL pipeline for a few years, as good or better than many of the elite schools you would normally expect. Kinda pathetic that they were never able to get it done on the field.

Golly thank goodness this didn't happen to us this year. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/maryland-turns-freshman-linebacker-losing-four-quarterbacks-season-172704242--ncaaf.html

Caleb Rowe, a true freshman who had been placed into service after three starters were lost to season-ending injuries, suffered a torn ACL during last weekend's loss to Boston College. Rowe is the third Maryland quarterback to suffer an ACL tear this year