SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

I attribute that to quality of teams played. NDSU only put up 22 vs a bad CSU team. They have had some easy and big wins this year. In close games, the Bison have struggled to put up massive points. It's tough to tell how YSU will finish but that is the one game against an above average opponent in which they scored a lot.

What are you talking about? They've had 2 games under 33 points this year. One of them against an FBS team, the other was clearly an off day for NDSU. They've outscored their opponents 289-59 in 8 games, and you question their offense?? C'mon, be serious.

What are you talking about? They've had 2 games under 33 points this year. One of them against an FBS team, the other was clearly an off day for NDSU. They've outscored their opponents 289-59 in 8 games, and you question their offense?? C'mon, be serious.

Once again, I attribute that to quality of teams played. I posted the records of the teams NDSU has played this year. Even without the extra loss they received thanks to NDSU, there is only one team above .500. The two teams with either the best record (ISU) or the FBS team are surprisingly the 2 that the NDSU offense has struggled against. Call it an off day, I'll call it the start of a pattern against teams that aren't complete crap.

Northern Iowa should have beat both us and Iowa.

Honestly, why are you guys arguing whose schedule is tougher. Both conferences are really good, and why does it even matter?

Should have doesn't get anyone any closer to making the playoffs. If it did we'd only have one loss and would be playoff eligible.

It matters because people 'need' to measure dicks

It's interesting to look back at the boxscore from the 2010 UND-Montana game: http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

UND had more passing yards in the 2012 game than the combined total offense of the two teams in the 2010 game.

The fairly respectable defensive performance of the 2010 game also begs the question of what UND's record might be right now if the defense hadn't regressed so significantly?

The real question is why hasn't Montana fired their Defensive Coordinator yet?!

Probably because Delaney is an interim coach and the new guy will want to bring his own people in, so they'll ride out the rest of this disaster with who they have.