SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Another illuminating post from Darell. At least you have stopped your keeping the name rants. Though I did respect you for sticking to your beliefs when others here bashed you for it.

The what?

Not going to break a confidence. Lets just say it was someone who has been part of the hazing in recent years as a member of the team.

Gotcha. The police department and University's investigation found it wasn't a hazing incident, but your anonymous source says it was. I'll remember that anonymous sources are OK as being credible when discussing things with you.

Gotcha. The police department and University's investigation found it wasn't a hazing incident, but your anonymous source says it was. I'll remember that anonymous sources are OK as being credible when discussing things with you.

He played on the team. Sorry that you have never known anyone personally that ever played. What investigation? You people have the mentality of a bunch of middle school girls. The pack of cats with the claws bared at anyone that does not toe your way of thought. HHHHIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!

He played on the team. Sorry that you have never known anyone personally that ever played. What investigation? You people have the mentality of a bunch of middle school girls. The pack of cats with the claws bared at anyone that does not toe your way of thought. HHHHIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!

My mistake. You are the only one who knows anyone or has any sources. You have no clue who I am or who I know. I (and many others) just don't feel a need to drop other people's names at every chance.

UND Investigation

Today's suspensions were determined based on additional information gathered during the athletic department's investigative process.

UND PD Investigation

But David Jones, an assistant state's attorney for Grand Forks County, said UND police reports on their investigation were turned into the prosecutor's office late Monday afternoon.

But I guess those aren't from unnamed sources close to the team like you have.

My mistake. You are the only one who knows anyone or has any sources. You have no clue who I am or who I know. I (and many others) just don't feel a need to drop other people's names at every chance.

UND Investigation

UND PD Investigation

But I guess those aren't from unnamed sources close to the team like you have.

You really think they wanted to find anything? Do you really believe that wanted to find something that would have forced them to expel numerous hockey players? If you do have some nice beach front property along the San Andreas Fault for you. I have known a lot of players and coaches going back to the early 80's and you?

You really think they wanted to find anything? Do you really believe that wanted to find something that would have forced them to expel numerous hockey players? If you do have some nice beach front property along the San Andreas Fault for you. I have known a lot of players and coaches going back to the early 80's and you?

So you're accusing the UND PD of being in on the cover-up?

So you're accusing the UND PD of being in on the cover-up?

Their investigation would have meant talking to the players and all would have lied. No. They were not part of a cover up they just had nothing to go on. I doubt they leaned on them very hard either. Though they knew they were being lied to there was nothing they could do.

Their investigation would have meant talking to the players and all would have lied. No. They were not part of a cover up they just had nothing to go on. I doubt they leaned on them very hard either. Though they knew they were being lied to there was nothing they could do.

I am sure the same goes with NDSU and Fargo PD to. Every time they get a call about a football player breaking the law they try to keep it hush hush as not to jeopardize the season.

I am sure the same goes with NDSU and Fargo PD to. Every time they get a call about a football player breaking the law they try to keep it hush hush as not to jeopardize the season.

So you are saying that UND did want to know what happened?

Here's the difference between premier universities and the AC:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-fighting-irish-qb-everett-golson-suspended-for-poor-academic-judgment-052713

While universities like Notre Dame and North Dakota will suspend and/or kick star players like Golson and Frattin off the team for violating academic rules or for drinking, the AC looks the other way when their football players steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from North Dakota tax payers. The AC administration was actually somewhat giddy that was "only" fraud against all of North Dakota and that it didn't involve rape.

Notre Dame has no problem kicking its starting QB off the football team and North Dakota has no problem kicking its top player off the hockey team but the AC won't consider any form of punishment for anything less than a rape charge. You have to sympathize with Bohl and Taylor though. If they were going to kick players off for crimes other than rape, they wouldn't have enough players to field a team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-fighting-irish-qb-everett-golson-suspended-for-poor-academic-judgment-052713

While universities like Notre Dame and North Dakota will suspend and/or kick star players like Golson and Frattin off the team for violating academic rules or for drinking, the AC looks the other way when their football players steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from North Dakota tax payers. The AC administration was actually somewhat giddy that was "only" fraud against all of North Dakota and that it didn't involve rape.

Notre Dame has no problem kicking its starting QB off the football team and North Dakota has no problem kicking its top player off the hockey team but the AC won't consider any form of punishment for anything less than a rape charge. You have to sympathize with Bohl and Taylor though. If they were going to kick players off for crimes other than rape, they wouldn't have enough players to field a team.

I think it's pretty obvious what Golson did after reading the article. Notre Dame is superior to 99% of institutions in terms of it's academic reputation. For them to let him stay on the team after what he did would have much further reaching negative effects in terms of recruiting quality students than it would at most schools. This happens at NDSU, UND, most schools that don't have the academic reputation of Notre Dame and the consequences would be much different. In my mind, this offense completely outweighs winning a few football games. I'm guessing the powers that be saw it the same way.

This happens at NDSU, UND, most schools that don't have the academic reputation of Notre Dame and the consequences would be much different.

Yes, this happens at Notre Dame, UND and other top universities. But the student athletes at these programs have to pay the consequences for an academic violation or for underage drinking. Only at the AC football program do athletes not have to pay any consequences for anything less than a rape charge.

Yes, this happens at Notre Dame, UND and other top universities. But the student athletes at these programs have to pay the consequences for an academic violation or for underage drinking. Only at the AC football program do athletes not have to pay any consequences for anything less than a rape charge.

So players have been kicked off of UND athletic programs for "cheating", I sure haven't heard of one.

You lose credibility when you mention UND and Notre Dame in the same breathe academically.

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/university-of-north-dakota/

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/university-of-notre-dame/

So players have been kicked off of UND athletic programs for "cheating", I sure haven't heard of one.

This whole thing is a dumb argument, but I know that UND has had players sit out football games for missing classes.

Not making light of the current 'SU situation or Bohl's involvement (or lack thereof), but little rivals the lawlessness of the Hager era at 'SU IMO.

Not making light of the current 'SU situation or Bohl's involvement (or lack thereof), but little rivals the lawlessness of the Hager era at 'SU IMO.

I was young for most of his tenure, but from what I have heard you are probably right. If the stories I've heard are true, there isn't anything near that going on at NDSU now.

Bad example to use Notre Dame.....while it's true they gave a player the boot for acedemic reasons, rape is actually acceptable in their program.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/notre-dame-lizzy-seeberg-suicide_n_2499256.html

I was young for most of his tenure, but from what I have heard you are probably right. If the stories I've heard are true, there isn't anything near that going on at NDSU now.

. Would love to hear a couple Rocky stories...:)