SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Jiarea, do you think these players applied for this position or were they recruited because of their high profile status as your president suggested on Heitcamp's show the other day? I keep hearing that from bison fans and administration but have not read or heard any proof of it anywhere else.

Jiarea, do you think these players applied for this position or were they recruited because of their high profile status as your president suggested on Heitcamp's show the other day? I keep hearing that from bison fans and administration but have not read or heard any proof of it anywhere else.

I have not heard any discussion about them being recruited vs having applied for the position. What Bison people/administration are saying this?

He of 4,000 plus posts on a college website says I have a sad life. Ha thats a good one

Lashing out at anonymous people and trying to cause trouble, such sad behavior. Do you lash out at people you really know, or do they just avoid you?

I have not heard any discussion about them being recruited vs having applied for the position. What Bison people/administration are saying this?

Your President said they were likely targeted during his interview on Heitcamp's show on Wednesday morning. Also, it has been said by either Kolpack or Izzo and many on your fan board.

Find someone to give you a hug. You sound depressed

Depressed about what? I'm certainly not depressed that all of those NDSU football players plead guilty to committing a class A misdemeanor. After all, forging signatures on petitions is actually a crime. And those NDSU football players must have been both lazy and stupid to commit such a foolish crime. Even the judge seemed to think so. And today 2 former NDSU football players also plead guilty. A third plead not guilty, only because he is trying to work out some other legal problems so he can limit the damage that the penalties from this crime will cause him. Such upstanding young men you have representing your university.

Carter’s attorney, Bruce Quick, said he wants to deal with a charge Carter faces in Fargo Municipal Court before moving forward in the election fraud case.

Carter was cited Aug. 26 for urinating in public. He failed to post bond or appear in Municipal Court, and a judge on Tuesday signed a warrant for his arrest, but it hadn’t been filed by Thursday morning.

Quick, who also represented McNorton, Gatlin and the 10 current players, may have a harder time convincing the judge to give Carter the same sentence, as Carter has received two deferred impositions this year and a suspended sentence for a third offense.

In January, the 20-year-old pleaded guilty in Municipal Court to a Class B misdemeanor alcohol offense. In July, he pleaded guilty to a Class A misdemeanor charge of ingesting a controlled substance, admitting he ate marijuana to try to get rid of it during a traffic stop on March 29, according to the police report. He received deferred impositions in both cases.

On Aug. 27, Carter was again cited for an underage drinking offense. He received a 30-day suspended jail sentence and 40 hours of community service.

By my count, that's 5 offenses for young Mr. Carter so far this year. How many chances do these people get before they actually have to do time?

Depressed about what? I'm certainly not depressed that all of those NDSU football players plead guilty to committing a class A misdemeanor. After all, forging signatures on petitions is actually a crime. And those NDSU football players must have been both lazy and stupid to commit such a foolish crime. Even the judge seemed to think so. And today 2 former NDSU football players also plead guilty. A third plead not guilty, only because he is trying to work out some other legal problems so he can limit the damage that the penalties from this crime will cause him. Such upstanding young men you have representing your university.

By my count, that's 5 offenses for young Mr. Carter so far this year. How many chances do these people get before they actually have to do time?

Maybe murder by having the right lawyer and judge. A good criminal defense lawyer does not work cheap. How are they paying their tab? The July arrest should have made the Jan. deferment kick in. Then even if the July arrest was deferred the Aug. arrest should have inacted the July deferrment. Then again even if the Aug. arrest was deferred the petition arrest should have caused the Aug. arrest to kick in.

Maybe murder by having the right lawyer and judge. A good criminal defense lawyer does not work cheap. How are they paying their tab? The July arrest should have made the Jan. deferment kick in. Then even if the July arrest was deferred the Aug. arrest should have inacted the July deferrment. Then again even if the Aug. arrest was deferred the petition arrest should have caused the Aug. arrest to kick in.

I was wondering about the same thing. Maybe they have trouble with communications between law enforcement departments in Fargo. The story in the Forum mentioned that an arrest warrant had gone out for him because of the August incident, but they hadn't received it in time for his appearance in court today.

I'm sure that's the reason you're angry about it. Nothing to do with it being NDSU I have no doubt.

I also not pleased that some seem to think this isn't a big deal and that the players are being picked on...

They were punished by the State of North Dakota and you still aren't happy I see?

The reason why the discussion was still raging all week on the radio was because NDSU did nothing to the players, other than Ojuri (who should not even be on the team anymore but somehow still is). What did NDSU do to address the breach of student conduct or whatever its called? The school itself has done nothing and that is what is pissing people off.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know why Don Carter is not on the Bison team any longer? He would only have been a junior this year.

From Kolpack blog back in February: "Linebacker Don Carter and defensive lineman Joe Horvath will miss spring football for academic reasons"

Appears he didn't make the grade. (insert joke here)

The reason why the discussion was still raging all week on the radio was because NDSU did nothing to the players, other than Ojuri (who should not even be on the team anymore but somehow still is). What did NDSU do to address the breach of student conduct or whatever its called? The school itself has done nothing and that is what is pissing people off.

Breach of student conduct? Discipline from the academic side of the school must be kept private due to federal laws.

The school can't release what they are doing to address it I believe. What do you want the school to do?

The school can't release what they are doing to address it I believe. What do you want the school to do?

Code of Conduct issues probably can't be released. Athletic department punishments can normally be release, depending on what the punishments involve. NDSU could have implemented some kind of athletic department punishment that they could announce, which would have quieted the critics. They still have not treated this as a serious issue in the eyes of many people, including quite a few NDSU supporters.

Your President said they were likely targeted during his interview on Heitcamp's show on Wednesday morning. Also, it has been said by either Kolpack or Izzo and many on your fan board.

Even you said the President suggested it. Not sure that means he said it. I have read nothing stating this from either Kolpack or Izzo. Please post for me.

Even you said the President suggested it. Not sure that means he said it. I have read nothing stating this from either Kolpack or Izzo. Please post for me.

So your president said during a interview that they may have been targeted because of their high profile standing but didn't say it? I don't follow you. You can listen to his interview on KFGO. Regarding either Izzo or Kolpack, I believe one of them questioned the company doing the hiring on their blog. As far as your fans questioning it, just read your fan forum, los of finger pointing there. A lot of statements that they were possibly targeted but I wonder if they were just given the job or if they applied for it?

So your president said during a interview that they may have been targeted because of their high profile standing but didn't say it? I don't follow you. You can listen to his interview on KFGO. Regarding either Izzo or Kolpack, I believe one of them questioned the company doing the hiring on their blog. As far as your fans questioning it, just read your fan forum, los of finger pointing there. A lot of statements that they were possibly targeted but I wonder if they were just given the job or if they applied for it?

I didnt hear the interview so I don't know whether he said they were sought out or not. I also haven't seen the Kolpack/Izzo blog either so I guess I don't know one way or the other. My guess would be there was a job posting at the placement office and they applied but that would be nothing more than a guess. Does it make a difference to you one way or the other?