SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

But the question is why should it matter to su and why are they still talking about it 6 months later? Those with ties to the Flagship University of the state of North Dakota know the answer.

This was restarted with Kolpack on the radio talking about it again. We find it funny. You NDSU fans and Kolpack have now spent 10 months worrying about UNDs ranking in week 3 of a nat'l championship season. But carry on trying to drag UND fans into this and tell us how we would handle it, its giving me a good laugh.

Other than Kolpack bringing it up on the radio, the only place I see that "fiasco"mentioned is by UND fans, and even then its not very often, and often points out how NDSU fans can't let it go(once again, it seems as though it is assumed that all NDSU fans are like Lakes, or Kolpack).

You are delusional - When UND accomplishes something there are no chants about su, never at a UND game that does not involve su have I heard a chant about su, go count how many threads and posts there are on bisonswille about UND then come here and do the same and see what you come up with. There are many more su trolls here than there are UND posters at bisonswille, even back when UND and NDSU were playing in football there were some weekends when that wasn't even the biggest game in town for UND because they were hosting schools like Boston College in hockey, and of course you have Lakes Bison and we have nothing that comes close to that guy.

Chants don't go away. You don't hear any real anti-UND chants at NDSU games anymore. Under no circumstance was some hockey game against Boston College a bigger event in Grand Forks than a Bison/Sioux football game....unless both teams were having awful, awful seasons.

You are delusional - When UND accomplishes something there are no chants about su, never at a UND game that does not involve su have I heard a chant about su, go count how many threads and posts there are on bisonswille about UND then come here and do the same and see what you come up with. There are many more su trolls here than there are UND posters at bisonswille, even back when UND and NDSU were playing in football there were some weekends when that wasn't even the biggest game in town for UND because they were hosting schools like Boston College in hockey, and of course you have Lakes Bison and we have nothing that comes close to that guy.

davek can give lakes a run for his money, and is certainly a worse fan of his school. Mpls is an enormous ass.

siouxsports isn't a very active forum, and bison posters are ubiquitous at most forums for major programs, particularly local power teams, like und or uni or sdsu, as well as cs and ags. Getting droned out by NDSU types isn't hard. I went to 3 ndsu games last year, never heard UND/sioux/whatever mentioned. It was the governor that started the sioux suck chant after the championship btw.

there are five threads directly regarding ndsu on the front page of this section alone. I found 3 UND threads in a survey of bville. But yes, they are the ones with the hangup, not us with three separate threads about the rivalry game that NDSU doesn't even seem to want.

there are five threads directly regarding ndsu on the front page of this section alone. I found 3 UND threads in a survey of bville. But yes, they are the ones with the hangup, not us with three separate threads about the rivalry game that NDSU doesn't even seem to want.

I see what you did there. The only thing you forgot this time was to mention the Big Dakota 3 and the "Boarder Marker". What happened to www.bisonsports.net anyway?

I see what you did there. The only thing you forgot this time was to mention the Big Dakota 3 and the "Boarder Marker". What happened to www.bisonsports.net anyway?

never knew that was a thing. Also i forgot to count this thread, so there are actually six, and I found 2 more in another section.

I see Kolpack and Dom just addressed the supposed Poll mixup, again, on their Bison Media Blog today. What is that, 25 times now that they have addressed it?

Was there a mixup in the polls the week we lost to an FBS team and NDSU was idol? More than likely. But that doesn't account for UND staying in the polls for the rest of the season. If there was a mixup, don't you think the voters would have "righted their wrong" and move those votes back to NDSU and UND would be out of the polls? Well, that didn't happen. Unless voters were confused for the entire season!!

Not sure why Kolpack is obsessed with this. The Bison were never ranked lower than UND. SO who cares!! As long as NDSU was ranked higher, that wahts the big deal? Its just his obvious hatret toward UND being revealed and the fact that he doesn't want to give any credit to UND for anything.

Was there a mixup in the polls the week we lost to an FBS team and NDSU was idol? More than likely. But that doesn't account for UND staying in the polls for the rest of the season. If there was a mixup, don't you think the voters would have "righted their wrong" and move those votes back to NDSU and UND would be out of the polls? Well, that didn't happen. Unless voters were confused for the entire season!!

Not sure why Kolpack is obsessed with this. The Bison were never ranked lower than UND. SO who cares!! As long as NDSU was ranked higher, that wahts the big deal? Its just his obvious hatret toward UND being revealed and the fact that he doesn't want to give any credit to UND for anything.

Are you of the opinion that with UND's record and schedule that UND deserved to be in the top 25? If you are admitting that UND most likely cracked the top 25 due to a mistake then the rest of the season is skewed and you know it. Pollsters tend to not move a team very far unless they have a dramatic win or loss. I couldn't care less from NDSU's standpoint I am just saying from my perspective that's how poll voting works at the 15-25 range. Nobody pays a whole lot of attention and will just look at where they were last week and if they didn't do anything earth shattering won't move a team very far either way.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=58644&SPID=6399&DB_OEM_ID=13500&Q_SEASON=2011

I am all for giving credit where credit is due, but if you say that after the fresno state game it was likely a mistake to put UND in the top 25, tell me where in the rest of the season UND proved they should be there? Southern Utah is the only impressive win on the schedule.

Bison06 makes a good point. I'm not saying UND wasn't one of the 25 best teams. I'm also not saying they were. An 8-3 record looks nice, and 5-1 against FCS looks pretty good too. Then again, the quality of the FCS wins were not exactly sparkling. Regardless, I don't see why Kolpack would bring it up, I don't know the context in which he brought it up. But don't go saying that "NDSU fans can't let it go!" because people like Lakes are still fired up about it.

Are you of the opinion that with UND's record and schedule that UND deserved to be in the top 25? If you are admitting that UND most likely cracked the top 25 due to a mistake then the rest of the season is skewed and you know it. Pollsters tend to not move a team very far unless they have a dramatic win or loss. I couldn't care less from NDSU's standpoint I am just saying from my perspective that's how poll voting works at the 15-25 range. Nobody pays a whole lot of attention and will just look at where they were last week and if they didn't do anything earth shattering won't move a team very far either way.

http://www.fightings...0&Q_SEASON=2011

I am all for giving credit where credit is due, but if you say that after the fresno state game it was likely a mistake to put UND in the top 25, tell me where in the rest of the season UND proved they should be there? Southern Utah is the only impressive win on the schedule.

I think that UND's record kept them in the polls more than anything. Pollsters don't really look at who you beat, but just if you win. So while they may have got some rogue votes that week after the Fresno game, they were not going to drop them in the polls after a win.

I am taking UND's 2011 season with a grain of salt. Sure we had 8 wins, but really we had 5 wins. The 3 against the lower division teams were not good wins and should not be used to rate this team. But in the Division 1 games last year, they were 5-3. Is that a good enough record to be ranked in the top 25? I thinks so. Apparently you do not.

The main point to all of this is.... Why do Bison fans care if UND is ranked anyway? It has nothing to do with NDSU and the conference they are in. Why does it bother them so much anyway, when they constantly say they have moved on from UND and could care less about UND. Somebody cares about UND a lot more than they admit.

http://www.fightings...0&Q_SEASON=2011

I'd say that the Great West champion, even though its a 5 team league, should be ranked in the 15-25 range if they have a winning record. Unless you want to downplay winning the Great West.

I think that UND's record kept them in the polls more than anything. Pollsters don't really look at who you beat, but just if you win. So while they may have got some rogue votes that week after the Fresno game, they were not going to drop them in the polls after a win.

I am taking UND's 2011 season with a grain of salt. Sure we had 8 wins, but really we had 5 wins. The 3 against the lower division teams were not good wins and should not be used to rate this team. But in the Division 1 games last year, they were 5-3. Is that a good enough record to be ranked in the top 25? I thinks so. Apparently you do not.

I agree. 5-3 is a fair way to look at your season. But who were those 5 wins against?

Drake

Southern Utah

Northern Colorado

Davis

South Dakota

Scheduling during transition is very tough I understand. And you can only play the teams on the schedule, I get it. That doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day UND still IMO didn't have a schedule and a record that warranted a ranking. I think an unbiased person would not be impressed enough with those 5 wins to put UND in the top 25. Southern Utah at the time seemed like a good win and it is easily the most impressive on that list, but they turned out to be a dog too.

Take away the fact that you are a UND fan for a second. Do those 5 wins impress you enough to crack a ranking?

The main point to all of this is.... Why do Bison fans care if UND is ranked anyway? It has nothing to do with NDSU and the conference they are in. Why does it bother them so much anyway, when they constantly say they have moved on from UND and could care less about UND. Somebody cares about UND a lot more than they admit.

I don't care one way or another and it doesn't bother me.

Most people have conversations all of the time about things that don't bother them or things they don't have a say in. I am just having a conversation about football during a reaaaaaaaaally long offseason.

I agree. 5-3 is a fair way to look at your season. But who were those 5 wins against?

Drake

Southern Utah

Northern Colorado

Davis

South Dakota

Scheduling during transition is very tough I understand. And you can only play the teams on the schedule, I get it. That doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day UND still IMO didn't have a schedule and a record that warranted a ranking. I think an unbiased person would not be impressed enough with those 5 wins to put UND in the top 25. Southern Utah at the time seemed like a good win and it is easily the most impressive on that list, but they turned out to be a dog too.

Take away the fact that you are a UND fan for a second. Do those 5 wins impress you enough to crack a ranking?

The rankings really didn't mean that much to UND last year because it really meant nothing. We were not playoff eligible so cracking the top 24 or even 16 didn't affect us at all. The point being made in all this is that NDSU was the #1/#2 ranked team in the country basically all year. UND was not playoff eligible. So why should Bison fans care where UND is ranked if it doesn't affect them at all? This year it affedts them, but last year it meant absolutely nothing. Only reason some Bison fans had an issue about it was because some have this neverending desire to discredit everything UND does. That is the issue.

Here's what I love...NDSU fans hated that UND was ranked, they didn't play anybody and those weren't quality wins. But what about South Dakota their future conference mate? They were ranked as well and I didn't hear a peep from NDSU fans. USD played 3 non DI teams just like UND. USD beat a ranked EWU, beat 3 NAIA/DII teams, SUU and UC Davis all at home!! UND beat Drake, a ranked SUU team (on the road), 3 NAIA/DII teams, UC Davis (on the road), UNC (on the road) and a RANKED South Dakota team to win a share of the conference. So after that comparison USD deserves to be ranked and UND didn't? At most both didn't deserve to be ranked but that wasn't the case on Bisonville and in Kolpack's head. It was all UND and only UND. So i think going 3-0 on the road vs FCS opponents, and beating 2 ranked teams seems impressive to me plus sharing a title with Cal Poly should give them some leverage in entering the polls somewhere. I think NDSU fans should be more worried about being ranked behind SHSU, or GSU or a Montana team than worring if UND is #17, or #25.

• Upvote 3

The rankings really didn't mean that much to UND last year because it really meant nothing. We were not playoff eligible so cracking the top 24 or even 16 didn't affect us at all. The point being made in all this is that NDSU was the #1/#2 ranked team in the country basically all year. UND was not playoff eligible. So why should Bison fans care where UND is ranked if it doesn't affect them at all? This year it affedts them, but last year it meant absolutely nothing. Only reason some Bison fans had an issue about it was because some have this neverending desire to discredit everything UND does. That is the issue.

You can think whatever you would like to about my motives, but go ahead and check the resumes of the teams ranked 24-18 at the end of last year. UND doesn't match up at all.

24-18 gets you a number of playoff teams or teams that at least beat a playoff team. UND didn't even play a playoff team.

Here's what I love...NDSU fans hated that UND was ranked, they didn't play anybody and those weren't quality wins. But what about South Dakota their future conference mate? They were ranked as well and I didn't hear a peep from NDSU fans. USD played 3 non DI teams just like UND. USD beat a ranked EWU, beat 3 NAIA/DII teams, SUU and UC Davis all at home!! UND beat Drake, a ranked SUU team (on the road), 3 NAIA/DII teams, UC Davis (on the road), UNC (on the road) and a RANKED South Dakota team to win a share of the conference. So after that comparison USD deserves to be ranked and UND didn't? At most both didn't deserve to be ranked but that wasn't the case on Bisonville and in Kolpack's head. It was all UND and only UND. So i think going 3-0 on the road vs FCS opponents, and beating 2 ranked teams seems impressive to me plus sharing a title with Cal Poly should give them some leverage in entering the polls somewhere. I think NDSU fans should be more worried about being ranked behind SHSU, or GSU or a Montana team than worring if UND is #17, or #25.

USD didn't deserve to be ranked either.

You can think whatever you would like to about my motives, but go ahead and check the resumes of the teams ranked 24-18 at the end of last year. UND doesn't match up at all.

24-18 gets you a number of playoff teams or teams that at least beat a playoff team. UND didn't even play a playoff team.

USD didn't deserve to be ranked either.

But NDSU fans didn't voice it...they only voiced about UND being ranked. :glare:

Excellent post. You hit it right on the button. I see Bison fans are continuing to right in how mad they were UND was ranked. It really doesn't matter. This year is what matters.

Excellent post. You hit it right on the button. I see Bison fans are continuing to right in how mad they were UND was ranked. It really doesn't matter. This year is what matters.

Exactly...the polls only boosted UND's confidence even more. UND didn't care if we were ranked #1, #21 or #40. Their goal and only goal was winning the conference. It was our goal since 2008. It happened that was it. Now 2012 our goal is the same as NDSU's...win a National Title. NDSU has a jump start on that being ranked at the top while UND will start at the bottom of the poll (and most likely out of the poll) and work its way up. Win and you have no problem winning a national title...this isn't the FBS.

Exactly...the polls only boosted UND's confidence even more. UND didn't care if we were ranked #1, #21 or #40. Their goal and only goal was winning the conference. It was our goal since 2008. It happened that was it. Now 2012 our goal is the same as NDSU's...win a National Title. NDSU has a jump start on that being ranked at the top while UND will start at the bottom of the poll (and most likely out of the poll) and work its way up. Win and you have no problem winning a national title...this isn't the FBS.

Thank God.

But NDSU fans didn't voice it...they only voiced about UND being ranked. :glare:

This whole issue started when NDSU moved down in the rankings and UND moved up in the rankings due to an obvious mix up between the 2 teams from North Dakota. That is why USD isn't being brought up. No one voted for USD because they confused them with NDSU. For me, it wasn't an issue of what UND was ranked. It was an issue of NDSU moving down. UND's moving up at the same time just showed the reason that NDSU dropped, so obviously UND will get brought up. In the end it didn't matter, but if we would've still been ranked 6 at the end of the season, the playoffs could've been completely different.

I believe the reason that NDSU fans are talking about it now is because last year, UND fans claimed that there was no way voters could've confused the 2 schools, and that UND deserved to move up in the rankings after a loss to an FBS team and NDSU deserved to move down after a bye. Obviously if people within the NCAA can confuse the two schools and send the banner to the wrong location, the voters could too. Honestly, I could care less where UND was ranked. I think NDSU fans are just trying to get UND fans to admit there was a mix up in the polls in the beginning of last season, and that's not necessarily because it's UND. I believe it's simply because it's nice to prove people wrong, which is what this banner issue has done. Again, I could care less where UND was ranked. NDSU won the national championship and that's all that matters. Whether the UND fans want to admit they were wrong or not is up to them, but I believe this banner situation has given plenty of proof to back the theories of the NDSU fans at the beginning of last season.

Do you feel the winner of the Great West should be ranked or do you feel winning the Great West is not a big accomplishment? I don't think some of those teams ranked 18 and below would have walked through the Great West like you like to assume.