SiouxSports.com Forum

WE WON!

Lakerfan4life

told ya we won we won we won you guys never had a chance!!!! what an offense you guys have :lol: but it goes to show our "D" is much better!!!!!! GO LAKERS 2 YEARS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING AFTER NUMBER 3 NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total class :lol: You represent your school well.

I'm guessing you were one of the wonderful GVSU fans calling and knocking on the doors of our team all night.

GVSU played very good. Their defense was fast, but we held them offensively, our offense just couldn't finish a drive. Way too close of a game for GVSU fans to be gloating.

I agree, that game was way too close to be saying UND never had a chance. That game wasn't even close to being over til there was 17 sec. left in the game. UND played real good, if it wasn't for that last play we could've easily went into overtime.

I have to give it to my Lakers though, they wanted it real bad, and it showed. Way to go guys!! Everyone played well, and it was a good game

Many apologies for Lakerfan4Life. To my knowlege we dont have any posters at the GV board or on Mlive with that name so I am not real sure who he/she is. I hate to see gloating on another teams website though so I apologize for the rudeness, that in no way represents our school. The game was a great game between two class programs, and it could have gone either way. Early on, I thought that GV was going to win in a rout, but UND hung tough and battled like they have all season. I would be very proud of your team if I were you because they played us as tough as anyone has in the past 3 years. Again congrats on your season and your effort in the game today, you deserve a great deal of credit. Hopefully we will be seeing more of eachother, we are feeling pretty confident about a fourth trip next year with most of our starters returning.

One more thing, I know this person does not represent your fans but if you know this person, could you please remove DakotaStomps from our Mlive board? He is so ridiculous that its hilarious, but still...all his nonsense posts are clogging up the board.

Congrats to teams and fans on both sides!!! :lol:

I haven't seen a game that thrilling in a long time.

I just wanted to say UND impressed me more than I thought they were going to. You have a tough D and your passing in the second half was making me nervous. Your team battled through right to the end, and that is the mark of an excellent football team. By no means should anyone at UND feel unproud--Kudos to all of you! I feel more proud about our championship beeing able to say we played a team as good as yours where the game could have gone either way up to the last.

Happy Holidays,

Hope to see you all next year!

-GVSUfan

Watching the game it seemed to be a pretty even game it just seemed it all boiled down to that one fumble in the red zone other that that one big play the game was dead even. But Ill give it to GVSU they played a great game, it was a battle to the end.

Congrats... Well see you next year. (Sorry no 3-peats allowed) :lol:

told ya we won we won we won you guys never had a chance!!!! what an offense you guys have :lol: but it goes to show our "D" is much better!!!!!! GO LAKERS 2 YEARS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING AFTER NUMBER 3 NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did this moron even watch the game? That was one heck of a game in the end. To bad the Sioux couldn't have scored in the end to send it to OT. That would have been awesome.

Also, way to just jinx your team bud. Now there is no way you'll win your 3rd straight because you talked about it. Way to blow it genius.

Go Sioux

Since the only reason GVSU lost in 2001 is because Anes was hurt, I think we need to stick by the idea that we only lost because Lueck was hurt. Afterall, you have to admit that the Sioux would've had better field position if Travis was returning kicks and punts. So obviously the Sioux would have won if he had played. :lol::lol:

Questions for Grand Valley State fans:

What are the chances for a home and home regular season series with you guys starting next year at the Alerus? A couple of weeks ago, this series was thought to be close to reality. If the game is the first or second week of the season, the Alerus will be a mad house (with probably the highest attendance of the season).

Secondly, how good is Saginaw Valley State going to be next year? From this article, Awrey was 'devastated' by playoff defeat , they definitely will be gunning for a rematch. It also seems there were some subtle digs at your program in that article.

I think scheduling UND would be a great idea. We need someone to play and it would be good to start off the season with a great team like UND. We have beaten UC Davis the past 2 seasons but we wont be playing them anymore after their move to DI this past year.

As far as Saginaw Valley, here is the info. Yes, they are extremely good. They beat us early in the season and took us to the wire in the playoffs. Trying not to make excuses for the first loss, but we had 6 turnovers in that game and were missing 7 starters. You cant beat a great team playing like that, so we took the lump and accepted the challenge in the playoffs and were able to come on top. I am sure that SV is very bitter because we have stood in their way for a while and it has become a very bitter rivalry. A lot of us thought that the regional final game would determine who won the NC so that is why they are upset. I cant guarantee that they would have beaten TAMUK or UND so nothing is set in stone anyway. Next year they will be very hungry and looking to finally get over that hump in the playoffs. The new Midwest region will probably have the three best teams in the country with UND, GV, and SV. Should be very interesting in the playoffs.

what an offense you guys have :lol:

yeah, your's was a lot better :lol:

Congrat's to the Lakers. Both teams played hard. GVSU earned it. What I thought was going to be an offensive shootout turned into a great defensive battle. Unfortunately we didn't come out on top, but props to the Laker defense for getting two clutch turnovers in the second half. About a 3-peat...ask the Gopher hockey team how easy a 3-peat is :huh:

Great season Sioux!!

My dad was standing next to Lennon, he is head of the chain crew for the championship game, and he told the QB that when they score they were going for 2. The QB looked back and Lennon said you heard me and to call this play for "2" and win the whole thing. I guess he was tired of standing in the rain.