SiouxSports.com Forum

montana starters.

I think you are on the wrong fan site - here we like to talk about our teams.

It's good to know that our football team operates in a vacuum and the fact that a preseason favorite in our new conference ( who we play this season in the biggest home game in 10 years) losing its starting quarterback has no bearing at all on our football team and it's upcoming season.

I think you are on the wrong fan site - here we like to talk about our teams.

I think this question was very appropriate for this website for the reasons noted above.

I don't have a good understanding of the QB situation out there. The program has a lot off challenges right now BUT I would bet they will have a very capable QB on the field this fall and that they will be a tough team to beat!

How will the exspellment effect the team do they have a good back up qb?

Perhaps I am missing it, but who was expelled? The last news that I heard and can find on that QB was that he was being allowed to practice. He played in their spring game. Nate Montana did just transfer out of there, but from what I can find...they will still have 5 quarterbacks in the fall with one of them being a freshman.

Perhaps I am missing it, but who was expelled? The last news that I heard and can find on that QB was that he was being allowed to practice. He played in their spring game. Nate Montana did just transfer out of there, but from what I can find...they will still have 5 quarterbacks in the fall with one of them being a freshman.

According to the chatter on eGriz, Jordy Johnson was expelled yesterday. The first word came via Twitter last night, but it had been rumored for over a week. He had a hearing where he was charged with breaking the Student Code of Conduct. That was on the 16th, and they thought it would take about 10 days to hear the findings. That would be today, but it sounds like word leaked last night. He does have 1 or 2 appeal options. But no one seems to know if he is going to actually appeal. The Montana kid left school earlier so it sounds like they have some large questions at QB.

According to the chatter on eGriz, Jordy Johnson was expelled yesterday. The first word came via Twitter last night, but it had been rumored for over a week. He had a hearing where he was charged with breaking the Student Code of Conduct. That was on the 16th, and they thought it would take about 10 days to hear the findings. That would be today, but it sounds like word leaked last night. He does have 1 or 2 appeal options. But no one seems to know if he is going to actually appeal. The Montana kid left school earlier so it sounds like they have some large questions at QB.

If Johnson is truly gone and stays gone it will be a major hit on this years team, the best QB left would probably be McKinney but the dropoff from Johnson is steep. I personally don't think Nate Montana is any good, I've seen him play a half-dozen times and he stunk every time, so to me he was not the answer either.

Without Johnson the chances of Poly or someone else slipping into a playoff spot will improve dramatically.

Lot of finger-pointing going on in Missoula right now, half the people think Engstrom is leading a witch-hunt to cover his ass and getting rid of all parties who may or may not be guilty of anything (Pflu, O'Day, Johnson), the other half think Engstrom is a savior purging the system of corruption. Hopefully the facts will come out eventually and put this to rest so the program can move on, I don't think Engstrom is out of the woods as far as keeping his job either.

At least the focus of this thing has been where it should be, keeping the female students safe from attacks, how it was allowed to get to that point baffles me.

ahh, that would make sense. Thank you, I was very confused when I couldn't find it.

Hey Jodcon, thank you for GIVING YOUR THOUGHT to my question. I always injoy hearing what fans from different colleges think. Having an internship with a wyoming radio station makes me what to know everything about every team.

Hey Jodcon, thank you for GIVING YOUR THOUGHT to my question. I always injoy hearing what fans from different colleges think. Having an internship with a wyoming radio station makes me what to know everything about every team.

No problem, Griz football is the one thing I actually know a little bit about, although lately it's been more about arrest reports, investigations, and firings than actual football news.

What a mess.

The Montana kid left school earlier so it sounds like they have some large questions at QB.

I personally don't think Nate Montana is any good, I've seen him play a half-dozen times and he stunk every time, so to me he was not the answer either.

Nate Montana doesn't play for them anymore. He left.

Yeah we said that.

Whatever - can't say I've seen too many threads started under the heading "Minnesota starters" in hockey. Perhaps it should have been listed as Game Discussion: Montana.

The success of Montana, which is directly atributed to whether or not their starting quarterback is allowed to be in school, has a lot to do with where the UND football team finishes in next season's Big Sky standings. I'd say that's relevant on the football board.

The success of Montana, which is directly atributed to whether or not their starting quarterback is allowed to be in school, has a lot to do with where the UND football team finishes in next season's Big Sky standings. I'd say that's relevant on the football board.

Really, even if it wasn't relevant, then if nobody was interested it would disappear pretty quickly.