SiouxSports.com Forum

Dumb Question ......but Great Idea

Fetch

Probably!

BTW, I have said this before. I own 7 Sioux hockey jerseys, 5 Sioux hoodies, about 8 Sioux sweatshirts, probably 20 Sioux t-shirts...23, yes, 23 Sioux hats, various Sioux yard flags, glasses, shorts, slippers, etc ... I will display and wear the gear proudly.

But, I am more proud of the University of North Dakota, where I got my undergraduate degree, than the Sioux name. As I am in my pride for being from North Dakota.

It is, after all, a nickname. Keeping the athletic programs legitimate is much more important than a name.

I have 2 Sioux hockey jerseys, a bunch of Sioux hats (even one with the Blackhawk logo on it), 2 Sioux fingers (one of them from the 86-87 hockey season), Sioux shirts, hoodies, etc. I will continue to wear them even if the name is retired. I still have my Grand Forks Central Redskins jacket. I got it from the school store in 1991 right when the name was being retired. Do I still cheer for the "Knights"....always, why? Because its Grand Forks Central!!! Just like if UND becomes the UND Fighting whatever....I will always cheer for them because they are UND and that is one name that will never go away!

• Upvote 1