SiouxSports.com Forum

Jackrabbit game cancellation?

JohnboyND7

SDSU just made the list of classless organizations that endorse hate crimes.

Did I miss something? I don't recall any crime let alone a hate crime being committed. It is unfortunate how you can't see how ridiculous you make yourself look with statements like that.

Did I miss something? I don't recall any crime let alone a hate crime being committed. It is unfortunate how you can't see how ridiculous you make yourself look with statements like that.

Who cares? Let him do it. He does more to undermine his own crediblity than anyone. It's an amusing spectacle to watch.

• Upvote 1

The NCAA is trying to exterminate the use of all Native American based team nicknames. That is a hate crime against Native Americans in my opinion, and any school that states a refusal to schedule teams with Native American based nicknames is guilty of being an accomplice to said hate crime. In my 41 years on this earth, very few issues have angered me as much as this one. From now on I will make a conscious effort to support the Florida State Seminoles, Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, Washington Redskins, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Blackhawks, etc... Any team in any sport with a Native American based nickname is okay with me, and there are no words strong enough to express the disgust I feel towards the NCAA and anybody who agrees with, goes along with, defends, or tries to rationalize their policy. Their policy is a hate crime, plain and simple.

Have I made myself clear enough for you to understand?

Since you don't support UND anymore, does that mean you'll be going away?? :hypocrite:

The NCAA is trying to exterminate the use of all Native American based team nicknames. That is a hate crime against Native Americans in my opinion, and any school that states a refusal to schedule teams with Native American based nicknames is guilty of being an accomplice to said hate crime. In my 41 years on this earth, very few issues have angered me as much as this one. From now on I will make a conscious effort to support the Florida State Seminoles, Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, Washington Redskins, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Blackhawks, etc... Any team in any sport with a Native American based nickname is okay with me, and there are no words strong enough to express the disgust I feel towards the NCAA and anybody who agrees with, goes along with, defends, or tries to rationalize their policy. Their policy is a hate crime, plain and simple.

Just a few more questions...

Are you a police officer, judge or lawyer? Or are you just going to go with the trued and tried citizen arrest? And are you going to be trying to charge the NCAA administration or every University president in the NCAA who voted and put in place the policy that the administration is enforcing? Do we need to warn Kelley, Faison, Hakstol, Mussman, Kleinsasser, Lennon, O'Keefe, etc. to watch out because they are going to be in trouble?

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

Just a few more questions...

Are you a police officer, judge or lawyer? Or are you just going to go with the trued and tried citizen arrest? And are you going to be trying to charge the NCAA administration or every University president in the NCAA who voted and put in place the policy that the administration is enforcing? Do we need to warn Kelley, Faison, Hakstol, Mussman, Kleinsasser, Lennon, O'Keefe, etc. to watch out because they are going to be in trouble?

Thanks in advance.

He did warn that the NCAA was going to crumble because of the lawsuit so he must have something big planned. I believe that he has said he's a graphic artist, so maybe he's going to draw a really ugly caricature of each of them and try to embarrass them into submission.

So I'm assuming you're old enough to have known our friend Abe ....

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

• Upvote 1

With the exception of the FSU Seminoles what does all these teams have in common??? They are PRIVATELY owned. They are not public institutions. Just like the city of GF, nor the state of ND can force the Privately owned Big Sioux Truck Stop to change its name the MLB, NFL, NHL cannot force these teams to change their names. Even Dan Snyder owner of the Redskins came out and said he is not chaning the name of HIS team. UND is different they are a public institution run by the SBoHE and they are a member of the NCAA so actually its NCAA > SBoHE > UND in the foodchain. FSU got delagates to back them up, ND's delagates stayed in Washington playing poker. The Seminole tribe approved the name immediately after the policy the Sioux Nations of the SR and SL could have done the same but SR said no and SL had no comment. That no comment is what sent UND into retirement. I am a Cleveland Indians fan (since 1993) but I liked the team especially in 1994 prior to the strike, plus my favorite movie is Major League. If Cleveland changed its name I would still cheer them on.