SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll: Dave Berger on Twitter?

Dave Berger

Dave Berger on Twitter  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you follow Dave Berger on Twitter?

• Yes
    • No
    • #WhoIsDaveBerger?

This is going to come across as harsher than I intend, but if you have to ask if you should start an account, then I'm not sure you really believe you have the content to generate a lot of followers. Everyone joins Twitter for different reasons. What's your goal when starting one? Are you just being your daily self posting random musings? Is it going to be more professionally geared towards UND related items? Do you feel you need a certain number of followers to make it worth it?

With that said, go for it. It's free, easy, and often-times useful. Whether you have 1 or 1 million followers, I would get an account just to follow the people or things that interest me. Content doesn't matter on your own account if you don't care who follows you. I just don't think starting a thread on here is going to help you solve any of your questions.

This is going to come across as harsher than I intend, but if you have to ask if you should start an account, then I'm not sure you really believe you have the content to generate a lot of followers. Everyone joins Twitter for different reasons. What's your goal when starting one? Are you just being your daily self posting random musings? Is it going to be more professionally geared towards UND related items? Do you feel you need a certain number of followers to make it worth it?

With that said, go for it. It's free, easy, and often-times useful. Whether you have 1 or 1 million followers, I would get an account just to follow the people or things that interest me. Content doesn't matter on your own account if you don't care who follows you. I just don't think starting a thread on here is going to help you solve any of your questions.

I don't think that sounds harsh, and I appreciate the comments. The intent would be to find new ways to reach members of SiouxSports.com, with some tweets providing links to content I generate for the website and other tweets sharing information/analysis in a more succint, timely fashion. The poll is a helpful measure of how many SiouxSports.com members use Twitter already.

I actually didn't expect to have a thread/comments/conversation about the topic (I expected votes but very few posts), but this is helpful, too.

Dave

• 6 months later...