SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux Nickname and Logo Have to Go, this is the only option left.

siouxfan17

I agree. As sad and as horrible as the NCAA :devil: is we just have to move on without our beloved nickname. It truly is a shame that an organiztion can dictate to people what is right and what is wrong and they know so much better than we do. For the sake of UND though we must move on. Goodnight Fighting Sioux. There will always be an eternal flame.

Strangely, this law may have been just what many of us needed to move on. Now, instead of fighting against the loss of a name, people are fighting for the University. We have known for some time that the name was going to go, but now more of us are truly ready to move on for something good and worth preserving.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad people are finally realizing this. I knew the consequences of it right away, but most people didn't believe them until recently. As a UND football fan I have been a strong opponent to the nickname as soon as I heard the sanctions.

No matter what, you simply won't convince some people. That having home NCAA playoffs (and not wearing the logo in NCAA tournaments) is worth giving up the name for......its ok to have differing opinions.

(and yes I know the "other" non NCAA what might coulda shoulda woulda happen scenarios...you can spare them. I read this site).