SiouxSports.com Forum

Grading UND's recruiting Class and IPF Talk

darell1976

How does NDSU get a bunch of players listed at 45 and UND has only 3 players listed alltogether? Does ESPN only know about NDSU through the NC game and barely acknowledge our existance?

Unfortunately, that is exactly how it works. Look at the list, they have ND and NW-MN kids listed on their as 45. Kids who have never been to a camp in their life to be seen by ESPN. Because NDSU won, they automatically grade the kids. UND isn't the only school that got ignored, look around.

This should further explain how messed up the ratings are for players that are at the FCS level in talent. Two-Star rankings on Rivals are the same thing.

Unfortunately, that is exactly how it works. Look at the list, they have ND and NW-MN kids listed on their as 45. Kids who have never been to a camp in their life to be seen by ESPN. Because NDSU won, they automatically grade the kids. UND isn't the only school that got ignored, look around.

This should further explain how messed up the ratings are for players that are at the FCS level in talent. Two-Star rankings on Rivals are the same thing.

Or, does the school send the names to ESPN? Just curious.

like i said on AGS, I'm concerned about the lack of emphasis in the secondary. Depth there was already underwhelming, and apparently went unaddressed.

Considering that even without Butler there are still five db's who redshirted this year, it may have been overkill to sign more than two in this class. With that said, I still wouldn't be surprised if a transfer safety is added to bridge the gap until some of the younger players are ready to step in.

Which team are you talking about?

clearly I'm talking about the team with the all-american corner that I'm supposedly a closet fan of because I dare deviate from the party line around here.

Not the team that got torched by cellar-dweller UNC and 'we-normally-pass-about-12-plays-a-game' cal poly, which this thread is about.

clearly I'm talking about the team with the all-american corner that I'm supposedly a closet fan of because I dare deviate from the party line around here.

Not the team that got torched by cellar-dweller UNC and 'we-normally-pass-about-12-plays-a-game' cal poly, which this thread is about.

Just making sure. Secondary is a concern. We brought in a good looking prospect in Ryan Cain who had offers from a couple other schools. We had two guys who redshirted last year, was 3 until Butler was inelgible. With Mersereau and Carr back along with the 2 RFr. from last year someone will need to step up at safety or Cain may have to step in and play. Or as 92,96 mentioned, we may have to look for a late transfer to help if possible.

I think the problem was more than that though. Watkins got beat a lot last year and Mackey missed some time early. We had 3 corners who reshirted and there was talk about pulling some redshirts but why not save a year for when it matters. Also, our offense continually going 3 and out last year killed our defense. Didn't matter the opponent. If our offense is able to move the ball next year that will help tremendously.

anygivensaturday.com a very good FCS fan forum. another good one is championshipsubdivision.com

I made a comment before about how the rest of the FCS will also find out what UND has to put up with in regards to how NDSU fans often act.

Top page banner on Championshipsubdivision.com "Congrats Sam Houston State: National runner up" Sponsored by JBB and Lakes. :lol:

I made a comment before about how the rest of the FCS will also find out what UND has to put up with in regards to how NDSU fans often act.

Top page banner on Championshipsubdivision.com "Congrats Sam Houston State: National runner up" Sponsored by JBB and Lakes. :lol:

That is what you call winning with class.

• 2 weeks later...