SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Aeron Carr tweeted that he should have already committed and has finally decided. Not sure if that's good or bad since he's allegedly in brookings.....

He also tweeted this right before that... "If only I was in AZ this weekend it would be dope great start but now I got to go do this crap man "Hatetherecruitingprocess"

That seems like bad news for Brookings and good news for someone else (hopefully us!)

Edit: The kid seems pretty honest/open on twitter. I feel pretty confident that he will end up at UND.

“People are always going to talk about what’s going to happen with the (possible NCAA) sanctions at UM, or they had a bad year so they won’t be good, or they changed coaches. It had nothing to do with any of that, honestly,” Brekke said.

Could the NCAA slap UM with sanctions? And how harsh could they be to swtich to a rival school.

depends, but i would guess somewhere between USC and penn state on the program-obliterating-sanctions index. Some of those allegations are pretty damn bad.

Kyle Norbert is a soft commitment and is visiting Iowa next weekend. Not sure if this is latest chest bump from this morning.

Edit: SU is starting to sniff around as well.

For those not on Twitter....

Jeff Arnold@NWH_JeffArnold

Here's the full story on @KNorb44 from @nwh_JoePrepZone - currently soft commitment at N. Dakota, looked at Iowa at FB http://shawurl.com/hgw

Retweeted by SiouxFootballInsider

http://www.mchenryco...spkba/index.xml

Question for recruiting experts - can fans contact potential recruits via social media like Facebook and twitter? I understand following on twitter but what about engaging in discussion? Where is the line drawn? I don't do it but I'm curious......

Question for recruiting experts - can fans contact potential recruits via social media like Facebook and twitter? I understand following on twitter but what about engaging in discussion? Where is the line drawn? I don't do it but I'm curious......

No fans can not contact potential recruits. As a fan, you are considered a booster for your school. Contact with a potential recruit is an NCAA violation. Once they sign an LOI, then you can talk to them, I believe. Similar to how coaches can't publicly talk about a kid until they sign.

No fans can not contact potential recruits. As a fan, you are considered a booster for your school. Contact with a potential recruit is an NCAA violation. Once they sign an LOI, then you can talk to them, I believe. Similar to how coaches can't publicly talk about a kid until they sign.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Based on what I have read, as a booster for a school it is probably against NCAA rules to engage a recruit in any discussion about that school. This is from a UND brochure:

1. No Contact With Prospects or Their Families:

Boosters may not have any contact with prospects or their

families, including (but not limited to):

 Calling a prospect or a family member of a prospect.

 Writing to a prospect or a family member of a prospect.

 Sending a text message to a prospect or a family member

of a prospect.

 Having any pre-arranged face-to-face contact with a

prospect or a prospect’s family, including wishing good

luck or congratulations at games.

 Admitting a prospect or a family member of a prospect

to a booster club function.

Here is the link, http://www.undsports.com/downloads2/391792.pdf?ATCLID=3761808&SPSID=86452&SPID=6409&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500.