SiouxSports.com Forum

SIoux @ Bulldogs!

Kooshnitz

Your right, $100 a ticket is a lot especially since most here at UMD don't look at UND as a big rival. Now if it was wisky, that would be a different story.

It's funny. People always seem to say this, but when you actually look at things that indicate a rival: attendance, and not people saying, this team is not really a rival. It becomes a different story.

The UND game set an attendance record at the Amsoil Arena.

Not only that more fans came to watch UND for the weekend series than they did against Minnesota: 13,550 vs 13535

As to Brown's blatant cheap shot on Blood at the end of Friday's game (due to the fact Blood totally lit him up with a monster hit earlier in game), when one has a total disregard for another player's safety and uses the fact the game is basically over and he doesn't care if he gets tossed with 40+ seconds left, karma can be a _____!

Brown left Sat. game with an injury, didn't return and might be out awhile...hmmmmmmmmmmmm, funny how things work out sometimes.

It's funny. People always seem to say this, but when you actually look at things that indicate a rival: attendance, and not people saying, this team is not really a rival. It becomes a different story.

The UND game set an attendance record at the Amsoil Arena.

Not only that more fans came to watch UND for the weekend series than they did against Minnesota: 13,550 vs 13535

There were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more Sioux fans this weekend than there were Gophers fans for that series. I'd say half the upper deck was green on Saturday.

As to Brown's blatant cheap shot on Blood at the end of Friday's game (due to the fact Blood totally lit him up with a monster hit earlier in game), when one has a total disregard for another player's safety and uses the fact the game is basically over and he doesn't care if he gets tossed with 40+ seconds left, karma can be a _____!

Brown left Sat. game with an injury, didn't return and might be out awhile...hmmmmmmmmmmmm, funny how things work out sometimes.

:silly:

:silly:

If you have a different take thru your brown stained glasses, please share. You can't explain Brown's hit any other way. There is a total difference between malicious (Brown's hit Friday) and stupid (Blood's hit Saturday).

I hate to see any player get hurt, especially when we don't know what his orignial intent was. Do we know what Danny Kristo's intent was when he hit Ben Marshall? I don't think people would be calling it karma if Kristo got hurt shortly thereafter. I do think that Brown's hit was reckless and because of the time of the game and the score at the time can certainly be construed as intentional, depending on your point of view.

Point taken tnt, but I look at it differntly in the fact that kristo didn't get his clock rung earlier in the game by marshall, kristo's was a hockey player being stupid with a check and extra punch. Brown got hit pretty good a couple times and I beleive that hit late in the game was out of frustration not a hockey check.

I hate to see any player get hurt, especially when we don't know what his orignial intent was. Do we know what Danny Kristo's intent was when he hit Ben Marshall? I don't think people would be calling it karma if Kristo got hurt shortly thereafter. I do think that Brown's hit was reckless and because of the time of the game and the score at the time can certainly be construed as intentional, depending on your point of view.

Kristo's play and Blood's play on Sat. would classisfy as stupid first and reckless second. Sometimes the play of the game dictates the "intent". Brown got laid out by Blood early in the game, then took a big slash at Ben. That wasn't good enough thouh so he sized him up with the game out of reach and little time left on the clock. That is what I would call malicious with intent to cause bodily harm to some extent. The Kristo hit happened right in front of my eyes...early in the game. Stupid on his part, but the punch to Marshall's head after the hit is what got him tossed IMO. To me, Kristo/ Blood and Brown's hits are apple to oranges when taken in context with the game in which they were played. Again, both Kristo and Blood's hits were unneccessary and uncalled for. Brown's was simply an act to get some revenge on Blood IMO.

Kristo's play and Blood's play on Sat. would classisfy as stupid first and reckless second. Sometimes the play of the game dictates the "intent". Brown got laid out by Blood early in the game, then took a big slash at Ben. That wasn't good enough thouh so he sized him up with the game out of reach and little time left on the clock. That is what I would call malicious with intent to cause bodily harm to some extent. The Kristo hit happened right in front of my eyes...early in the game. Stupid on his part, but the punch to Marshall's head after the hit is what got him tossed IMO. To me, Kristo/ Blood and Brown's hits are apple to oranges when taken in context with the game in which they were played. Again, both Kristo and Blood's hits were unneccessary and uncalled for. Brown's was simply an act to get some revenge on Blood IMO.

But people that aren't Sioux fans are of the opinion that Kristo tried to injure Marshall by following through but only managed a glancing blow. That is my point, it is a matter of interpretation of whether the intent to injure is present or not. Perhaps only the player knows their intent. Did Rau try to injure Zucker? Doubt it. I think plays like the Marvin incident where he totally goes out of his way could lead one to believe the intent to injure, but who knows, maybe even he just intended to send a message with a hit. Unlike many fans that have a stake in making players from other teams look like the bad guy, I think for the mostpart the players are good kids that are just a bit overzealous in trying to hit somebody, although there are some players that might have more sinister motives, but I think they are few and far between.

If you have a different take thru your brown stained glasses, please share. You can't explain Brown's hit any other way. There is a total difference between malicious (Brown's hit Friday) and stupid (Blood's hit Saturday).

It was a more an eyeroll toward your karma comment.

I'll tell ya one thing....like JT brown or hate him, by gosh can he fly up the ice. Its amazing how he can go from first to fifth gear in such a hurry even with the puck on his stick (Nick Mattson learned this in the first period on Saturday night).

College football teams commonly list 40 times for players, it'd be cool to see NCAA hockey have some kind of stat for a goal line to goal line skate, or a lap around the ice time. I'd be willing to bet Brown is one of the top five fastest skaters in the nation.

Faster than Steve Cygan though? Hmm...

No one is faster than Cygan. I remember that guy flying around the ice when UAA visited the Ralph. :)

I have never seen so many UND defensemen get walked like they did when he was on the ice. If the guy finished maybe even half of his chance he would have won the Hobey Baker. I think it was Aaron Schneekloth at the old Ralph who got walked by him like three shifts in a row and sat the rest of the period because Blais was absolutely livid.