SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs SCSU Friday Night

bcblues

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough one to take as it sounded like there were plenty of chances. Gotta get those 2 points tomorrow night. Fight on , Fighting Sioux!

This has been a problem all year long, even before all the injuries. Besides Kristo, there just aren't a lot of goal scorers on this team. This team will have to fight to get home ice, fight to get to St. Paul and fight to win the Final Five. We won't get an at-large bid this year. :sad:

This has been a problem all year long, even before all the injuries. Besides Kristo, there just aren't a lot of goal scorers on this team. This team will have to fight to get home ice, fight to get to St. Paul and fight to win the Final Five. We won't get an at-large bid this year. :sad:

You realize Kristo is SECOND in goals scored on our team right?

All of which is no surprise to anyone coming into this year, even before all the injuries. Given their current position, I don't know how anyone can say they have performed below their abilities, except to say that goaltending has, at times, not been what we might have expected. (And I'm not saying Dell has been a disappointment, either.)

I know this may seem strange, but I think that the team needs to think about mixing up the 1st line. Look at the way Parks played with the 1st line last week on friday. I just think that having him and Knight on one line and Kristo and Nelson on another will help get this thing moving a little more. It is just painful to watch right now with almost no flow in the offensive zone. Am I on the right track?

what the heck, try this tonight:

nelson-knight-parks

blood-rowney-kristo

gaarder-lamm-pattyn

seink-macmillan-dickin

andy mac-gleason

simpson-mattson

panzzarella

Dell

Eids

I think you are either onto something or on something. I like the idea of parks with the knight nelson line but blood needs to stay on D. I know that blood likes to bring the puck deep into the zone but we can't afford to weaken our D. It is our D that will bring us out of this especially if and when Forbort comes back.

I think you are either onto something or on something. I like the idea of parks with the knight nelson line but blood needs to stay on D. I know that blood likes to bring the puck deep into the zone but we can't afford to weaken our D. It is our D that will bring us out of this especially if and when Forbort comes back.

hahha, Common Man. i just think that Blood could generate more scoring opportunities and Gleason is a defenseman. i know it's far fetched idea...but there's no reason to hold back from trying different things for a night.