SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Bemidji State - Saturday/Sunday

AZSIOUX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B2 Network, or AmericaOne as it is called now, also streams the games through the 'net for a fee. BSU sends out the Lakeland PTV feed thorugh this stream.

If you are near Minnesota and have a digital TV, you could probably pick up the game with some OTA rabbit ears. Most of the PBS stations in the MN pick up the game on one of their alternate channels, while Lakeland pushes it through their main channel. I live in the Alexandria area and can get the game on three different PBS feeds (Lakeland Main and two other PBS altenate channels) that I pick up with a $9 set of rabbit ears.

Anyone who is a subscriber of Midcontinent is able to watch all Bemidji State home games as long as your TV has a built-in digital tuner or if you've got one provided by Midcontinent. It's channel 597.

And if you got no cable at all, as Millsy said, you can get the game via rabbit ears.

Bemidji State games have been on channel 17 on DirecTV in the Twin Cities. It was actually a pretty good picture last time I watched them.

Thanks squirtcoach, I should have mentioned that option as well. If you are in the Minneapolis market, as deemed by DirecTV, then Lakeland Public Television (I thought is was channel 22 when I had DirecTV) is on that as well. Not sure if it is on Dish Network or not.

BSU has pretty good coverage for their home games in the state of Minnesota and parts of the Dakotas, Wisconsin and Iowa, especially if you have a digital TV. With all the PBS stations in the state picking up the feed through one of their alternate feeds, along with DirecTV's Minneapolis market, people have access to the games.

Thanks squirtcoach, I should have mentioned that option as well. If you are in the Minneapolis market, as deemed by DirecTV, then Lakeland Public Television (I thought is was channel 22 when I had DirecTV) is on that as well. Not sure if it is on Dish Network or not.

BSU has pretty good coverage for their home games in the state of Minnesota and parts of the Dakotas, Wisconsin and Iowa, especially if you have a digital TV. With all the PBS stations in the state picking up the feed through one of their alternate feeds, along with DirecTV's Minneapolis market, people have access to the games.

It is scheduled on both 17-2 and 22 DirecTV

So for a guy living in Fargo with Cable One what would you guys say is my best option for viewing these games this weekend?

So for a guy living in Fargo with Cable One what would you guys say is my best option for viewing these games this weekend?

You're living in an area where you can get lots of ota TV. Put up a db4e multidirectional antenna from antennas direct or elsewhere, you'll get lots of free digital SD and HD channels. Although a roof mount is best this one will also work from inside the house, or in the attic.

I have a cheap, $9 set of rabbit ears from Menards that I can pull in the OTA feeds of the Beaver Hockey game in. Works better on the TV on the main floor than the one in the basement though.

Dave's Pizza, corner of 15th and Irvine. Get there early though as they open at 5:00 and the place fills up fast on game nights. It could take an hour and a half to eat as well, but the pizza is worth it!

Dave's Pizza is awesome. Corner Bar also has the best burgers in town.

Corner Bar, Keg-N-Cork (has fan bus), 209, Slims and Green Mill are all good stops. Ground Round on the west side of town also has a fan bus.

I would say that Corner Bar and Slims have some of the best Burgers I have ever eat in my existence.

Dave's Pizza is awesome. Corner Bar also has the best burgers in town.

Corner Bar has some really good burgers. Gets packed in there though. Probably want to get there by 5. Ground Round also gets very very packed on BSU hockey nights.

If you haven't been to the arena yet, enjoy it! The seats are quite narrow but it is unbelievable how close to the ice every seat in that arena is. The top of the bowl is only a couple feet over the top of the glass. Great place to watch hockey

Edit: I guess it's technically not a bowl, but it's close enough to one

Corner Bar has some really good burgers. Gets packed in there though. Probably want to get there by 5. Ground Round also gets very very packed on BSU hockey nights.

If you haven't been to the arena yet, enjoy it! The seats are quite narrow but it is unbelievable how close to the ice every seat in that arena is. The top of the bowl is only a couple feet over the top of the glass. Great place to watch hockey

Edit: I guess it's technically not a bowl, but it's close enough to one

As a BSU Season Ticket holder, I wish they would have built the seating with a steeper incline, putting the top row a little higher, but closer to the glass.

As a BSU Season Ticket holder, I wish they would have built the seating with a steeper incline, putting the top row a little higher, but closer to the glass.

My parent's are season ticket holders as well, so I have been to quite a few games and this was my first thought as well, the incline is too flat making it so the majority of the spectators have to look through the glass in order to view the game, which I do not like. It is an extremely nice building that Bemidji should be very proud of, but in my opinion it is not the greatest venue for viewing a hockey game.

My parent's are season ticket holders as well, so I have been to quite a few games and this was my first thought as well, the incline is too flat making it so the majority of the spectators have to look through the glass in order to view the game, which I do not like. It is an extremely nice building that Bemidji should be very proud of, but in my opinion it is not the greatest venue for viewing a hockey game.

I agree. I wish they had a steeper incline, more like say, Amsoil. Also could have built the concourses about 6 feet wider and made a true walk way between rows 7-8. I also have been told they wanted the student section set back further into the building/more rows up behind the goalie.

Regardless, it's a nice barn for an area of Bemidji's size.