SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol contract extension time???????

Siouxfull

No problem pal. I've brought us the same amount of National Championships as Hakstol has. And I'm doing it for FREE. He has had the most talent in the last decade than any other team in the country and still has produced SQUAT.

You "happy to be there" fans can take all of your frozen four "appearances". I've been a UND hockey fan for 2 decades and expect NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS from a program with the history that UND has.

Hakstol CHOKES time and time again and gets outcoached by Hockey East time and time again. We don't need to pay a coach an arm and a leg to do that.

So again, my "resume" for you includes ZERO National Championships. The same that our overrated coach has. Good enough for ya?

You've been a fan of the team for 2 decades? Congrats.

How come, then, do you sell so many tickets on the forum for over face value to other Sioux fans? Yep, you're a true fan alright.

I know the answer. You're one of those fans. Every team has them. The experts, who bitch and complain on a message board or anywhere else for that matter when the team is not perfect.

I'm ecstatic that you sell your tickets to people that truly want to go to the game.

• Upvote 1

No problem pal. I've brought us the same amount of National Championships as Hakstol has. And I'm doing it for FREE. He has had the most talent in the last decade than any other team in the country and still has produced SQUAT. You "happy to be there" fans can take all of your frozen four "appearances". I've been a UND hockey fan for 2 decades and expect NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS from a program with the history that UND has. Hakstol CHOKES time and time again and gets outcoached by Hockey East time and time again. We don't need to pay a coach an arm and a leg to do that. So again, my "resume" for you includes ZERO National Championships. The same that our overrated coach has. Good enough for ya?

How can you say he has produced squat? MacNaughton's and Broadmoor's are not easy accomplishments in this league. He deserves a lot of credit for those. This will be the last time I defend Hakstol as I do not like throwing up in my mouth. :)

No problem pal. I've brought us the same amount of National Championships as Hakstol has. And I'm doing it for FREE. He has had the most talent in the last decade than any other team in the country and still has produced SQUAT.

You "happy to be there" fans can take all of your frozen four "appearances". I've been a UND hockey fan for 2 decades and expect NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS from a program with the history that UND has.

Hakstol CHOKES time and time again and gets outcoached by Hockey East time and time again. We don't need to pay a coach an arm and a leg to do that.

So again, my "resume" for you includes ZERO National Championships. The same that our overrated coach has. Good enough for ya?

I love it when people use ONLY national championships as a measuring stick. It just means they are completely clueless what it takes, and what it means to actually win one.

Yes, you have to be good, and well coached. Thats a given. But seeing as the play-offs is a "one and done' deal, you also need to have more than a little luck on your side.

A case can certainly be made for saying more often than not, the BEST team does not win the National Championship, but the team that gets "hot" at the right time. Take nothing away from UMD, but who really thinks they were THE best team in the country last year ?

I love it when people use ONLY national championships as a measuring stick. It just means they are completely clueless what it takes, and what it means to actually win one.

Yes, you have to be good, and well coached. Thats a given. But seeing as the play-offs is a "one and done' deal, you also need to have more than a little luck on your side.

A case can certainly be made for saying more often than not, the BEST team does not win the National Championship, but the team that gets "hot" at the right time. Take nothing away from UMD, but who really thinks they were THE best team in the country last year ?

I did as a Sioux fan. They had the best powerplay by far and a first and second line to match UND's. It would have been a good game but there is no reason to believe they would not have beaten the Sioux

I did as a Sioux fan. They had the best powerplay by far and a first and second line to match UND's. It would have been a good game but there is no reason to believe they would not have beaten the Sioux

I agree that they had an amazing powerplay, the puck movement between Connolly, Connolly, Fontaine, and Faulk was a thing of beauty, but our depth, defensive corp, and goaltending absolutely blew theirs out of the water last year. Faulk is the only defenseman on their team that would have played on ours, Gleason probably would have been their #2 or #3 d-man last year (I am not including Dylan Olsen). Their first line was extremely good, but I really don't think that their 2nd line was even close to as good the Sioux's last year. By the end of the year the Nelson-Kristo line could have held its own with a lot of teams first lines as well.

I am probably gunna get bashed by this but this is for all the blais haters. who think think hak>blais

whose team came back from 3-0 deficit in a the other teams barnwhich just swept us last weekend?

whose team is 3-0 in conference play?

i think haks a good coach.just not as goodas some peopel make him out to be.

he will never be the riverboat gambler

I am probably gunna get bashed by this but this is for all the blais haters. who think think hak>blais

whose team came back from 3-0 deficit in a the other teams barnwhich just swept us last weekend?

whose team is 3-0 in conference play?

i think haks a good coach.just not as goodas some peopel make him out to be.

he will never be the riverboat gambler

Were the Sioux playing in Madison last night with a different coach? If so, who was playing at The Ralph?

Did you watch the Omaha-Wisconsin game last night? I did.

It was a different coach and a different team playing in Madison last night. THey won a game by going 4-for-6 on the PP. We went 0-fer in ours. There's one difference.

Watching the game, the Omaha goalie looked lost out there for the first 10 minutes and in turn gave up 3 goals. Obviously, he settled down.

So far, Tech has beaten Denver and Wisconsin. Bemidji beat Tech. Duluth beat Bemidji. Minnesota beat Duluth. Wisconsin beat us. Omaha beat Wisconsin and Alaska. Alaska beat Omaha.

What's it all mean? I haven't a slightest clue yet. We're 3 games into the conference schedule.

He developes players as well as any coach out there. There are alot of teams that bring in great talent every year but don't develope into great teams or improve as players during the course of their careers. To win a National championship you need more than just great talent. There has to be cohiesiveness, a team getting hot at the right time and a little bit of luck too. A coach's job is to develope his team throughout the season and give them a chance chance at the end (which he does) and then it's the players job to get it done. He will continue to do this and will eventually get a title. There is a reason why even the elite hockey programs only average a National title once a decade or so. Alot has to fall in place outside of coaching. Give him an extension now he desreves it.

He developes players as well as any coach out there. There are alot of teams that bring in great talent every year but don't develope into great teams or improve as players during the course of their careers. To win a National championship you need more than just great talent. There has to be cohiesiveness, a team getting hot at the right time and a little bit of luck too. A coach's job is to develope his team throughout the season and give them a chance chance at the end (which he does) and then it's the players job to get it done. He will continue to do this and will eventually get a title. There is a reason why even the elite hockey programs only average a National title once a decade or so. Alot has to fall in place outside of coaching. Give him an extension now he desreves it.

Great point, i'd like to use Minnesota as an example. They were always bringing in some of the best players in the country and have had the most draft picks of any team in the NCAA on their teams the past few years. They had all the talent needed to win a championship, but the team couldn't come together and they weren't very good. The funny thing is that a lot of the players the past few years had sucked for minnesota, only to go straight to the NHL when they leave early. Nick Leddy was a joke in college and he was starting first line for the Blackhawks the year after he left.

Just be glad as UND fans you haven't had to deal with the mass exodus of players to the NHL like Minnesota has in recent years. This year you lost a lot, but Minnesota has lost an average of 4 or 5 players a year the past 5 years from leaving early. Hard to build a team like that. You have to give Hak credit for doing such a great job keeping his players. I think a lot of that is because he doesn't bring in a bunch of highly touted recruits. Hak brings in a few star players and fills in with some great role players, that's what you need to be a good program and he has that formula down to a science. When he wins a national title I believe he will end up going down as the greatest coach in UND history

Leddy was a joke in college?? THAT is a joke right?? And MN hasnt had anywhere near 5 players a year leave early over the last 5 years. Just going off the top of my head- this year Ness was the only one. Last year it was Schroeder Leddy and Birkholz... the issue hasnt been players leaving each offseason in groups of 5.. its been the one and dones over the last 5 years thats hurt (kessel. eric johnson. okposo. bickel. lofquist. leddy. birkholz...)

The Sioux were spoiled with a big class all staying 4 years.. it almost never happens this day and age.. combine that with a couple recruiting blunders (st clair and JT miller) and theyre being brought down to reality. college hockey teams work in cycles.. BC and michigan are about the only 2 teams left that havent hit a lull since the new CBA and im sure theyre time is coming as well. the key is obviously winning a national title when the stars aline- and Hak hasnt managed that.. hence the frustration.

Leddy really didn't do anything in college at all. He was always in good defensive position but he was known as an offensive defensemen and he just didn't live up to that hype. Minnesota caught a break this year only losing Ness. They got really lucky that Bjugstad didn't leave, he'll be gone after his sophomore year though. If Erik Haula keeps it up I have a feeling the Wild will be trying to get him to sign as well. That will probably be all Minnesota loses early this year as well. Lucia is being smart now, he changed his recruiting to match more of UND's, bring in some big time scorers and fill up with good role players, that will help keep more players around.

true- Leddy was always in good defensive position. im not sure what hes done offensively in the NHL.. but I know he didnt do anything offensively last year in the world juniors.. I think he has looked best in the NCAAs.

UND set the standard for recruiting mid round draft picks.. like 5'11- 6 foot. very few nhl prototypes and thats a recipe for the NHL allowing them to develop their good but not great skills and big but not huge frames. good skill and good strength = a great hockey player at the college level.

Hak is getting an extension- if nothing else- for recruiting reasons.. just like Lucia was getting one, win or lose. but I agree with the other thread- this doesnt APPEAR to be a serious ncaa contender this year or next.. Hak might take some heat here coming up..

Just as I thought....You have no accomplishments of your own that you can list so you can only try to minimize other peoples accomplishments.

Are you ashamed to say that you were able to correctly fill 75% of your orders at the drive-thu and that your picture is now hanging on the wall as employee of the month?

true- Leddy was always in good defensive position. im not sure what hes done offensively in the NHL.. but I know he didnt do anything offensively last year in the world juniors.. I think he has looked best in the NCAAs.

UND set the standard for recruiting mid round draft picks.. like 5'11- 6 foot. very few nhl prototypes and thats a recipe for the NHL allowing them to develop their good but not great skills and big but not huge frames. good skill and good strength = a great hockey player at the college level.

Hak is getting an extension- if nothing else- for recruiting reasons.. just like Lucia was getting one, win or lose. but I agree with the other thread- this doesnt APPEAR to be a serious ncaa contender this year or next.. Hak might take some heat here coming up..

I wouldn't say that, this UND team reminds me a lot of UMD last year. Next year they will be very good unless people like Kristo leave early. If he keeps it up and if Montreal keeps struggling they may push him to sign.

GFG- i agree- but you have to assume kristos leaving after this year- dont you?? and forbort is a top 15 pick- he wont be around forever. if he bolts and blood leaves theres a defense thats very green on a team fully dependent on grimaldi/nelson/knight for scoring. only a month into this year so its not worth looking past 2011 but Im only saying.. with some early departures (which are more likely than not) Hak might have to pull a horseshoe out of his ... to win an NCAA title next year.

who have we beatin in the wcha this year?

lets face it.... we are down this year.... accept it

take off the green shades please and put down the kool aid cup

I never said we weren't down this year.

I said comparing Omaha and UND was a dumb comparison and not easy to do. I was pointing out how crazy the league results have been this year so far.

Were the Sioux playing in Madison last night with a different coach? If so, who was playing at The Ralph? Did you watch the Omaha-Wisconsin game last night? I did. It was a different coach and a different team playing in Madison last night. THey won a game by going 4-for-6 on the PP. We went 0-fer in ours. There's one difference. Watching the game, the Omaha goalie looked lost out there for the first 10 minutes and in turn gave up 3 goals. Obviously, he settled down. So far, Tech has beaten Denver and Wisconsin. Bemidji beat Tech. Duluth beat Bemidji. Minnesota beat Duluth. Wisconsin beat us. Omaha beat Wisconsin and Alaska. Alaska beat Omaha. What's it all mean? I haven't a slightest clue yet. We're 3 games into the conference schedule.

That's a top ten post right there. It's early and I think it might be a bit early to run Hak out of town on a rail.

You've been a fan of the team for 2 decades? Congrats.

How come, then, do you sell so many tickets on the forum for over face value to other Sioux fans? Yep, you're a true fan alright.

I know the answer. You're one of those fans. Every team has them. The experts, who bitch and complain on a message board or anywhere else for that matter when the team is not perfect.

I'm ecstatic that you sell your tickets to people that truly want to go to the game.

Hey genius, guess how many games I missed LIVE last year? THREE. HOW ABOUT YOU?

I mean there is just NO CHANCE that a guy can't have multiple seats in the REA. There were games that I had 8 seats last year Einstein. And how the hell would you know what face value is for my seats? Do you know what club level I'm in?

I see...you're one of THOSE people. Someone who thinks that life and society owe him a handout and he can be a cheapskate and try to rip people off the opposite way. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got a message from you before offering me BELOW face value for 2 of my seats. That's SOOOOO much better isn't it?

Bitch and complain when the team isn't perfect? 1st of all, the team has been far from that this year, and a spade is a spade. Hak's teams have been known for CHOKING. Plain and simple.

Get off your high horse, get a better paying job so you don't have to be such a cheapass, and try to stay off of the message board that you chastise others for using.