SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

BJU?

And wasn't a reason they left due to the SL deciding to move their conference tourney for men's bb annually in Sioux Falls? Might there be some concessions on that front if so?

I wonder if Tulsa gets a site in upcoming years. Bison fans are relived now, but it's not like that revolving door of a conference is solid. Add a couple more teams and maybe you can call yourself a solid conference especially if they add DII teams.

Guess ORU did not like the politics of the Southland! They probably were offered a pretty good deal: no entry fee, Kansas DII team (Washburn for travel), and baseball championships. The pressure will be on the WAC now, as they can't lose UMKC.

With the Summit league not immediately perishing, we won't be hassled to join the Slummit.

Summit League is now averaging a membership change every 1.4 years. Stabity baby...........stability.

No it's not, but it is the best we could do at the time and now, and we/SU have to make the best of it. What else can we do? BSC did not want us back when. Actually tho, I think SU is better of in the MVFC in FB, but would be better off in the BSC in almost all other sports. Same might be true for UND, but not sure.

It's one if those "in an ideal world/utopian" things I guess.

Still wish we would have moved together-->and no dig meant or intended, just being real.

Awe crap.......

Now we are going to have to continue with putting up with more BS about the vaunted I29 Corridor league and FU fans begging North Dakota to join it because it "makes so much sense".

Because so many NDSU fans are begging UND to join. The idea that anyone is "begging" UND to join the Summit is almost as funny as Rob, er: I mean siouxvolley's "expert" analysis.

See, it didn't take long...........

Bison Media Blog:

Is the Summit done adding schools? The league will now stand at 9 teams come this July (NDSU, SDSU, USD, IPFW, IUPUI, Western Illinois, Denver, Omaha and Oral Roberts) and just for a travel sense you’d like to have an even number to make it easier for scheduling. So who would the league look at? This will drive some that ready the blog crazy, but it seems logical that the Summit talks to UND. I have no evidence that UND is looking to leave the Big Sky, but geographically it’s starting to make more and more sense to me. Denver, Tulsa, Vermillion, Brookings, Fargo and Omaha all in the center of the country and while the trips to Macomb, Indianapolis and Fort Wayne aren’t easy, it’s certainly more do-able than Portland, Flagstaff, Sacramento and Pocatello from Grand Forks. Obviously the biggest stumbling block is a home for football, and I don’t have a solution to that problem yet, because I don’t believe the Missouri Valley is ready to go to 11 teams, but I believe it’s an option that may be explored and soon.

Blah, blah, blah, blah

Check BV. They are more than "open" to the idea of North Dakota in the Summit........

Beside a couple of posters no one is begging UND to join the Summit. I think most of the 1-29 teams just smile when your bb/vb games don't start until 9:00pm and finish after 11. No fans to watch them - I wonder if anyone listens to them?

See, it didn't take long...........

Bison Media Blog:

Blah, blah, blah, blah

For one thing Omaha doesn't count until they are full DI members, second the only way UND even thinks of joining is if they get a deal like USD got (MVFC/SL package), anything short of that (just non-football members of the SL) and I don't see them thinking of moving. Just geographically UND makes sense BUT Douple f*d up that road by brining UND's nickname (which was about to end anyways) into the mix. Douple dropped the ball, don't blame UND.

Beside a couple of posters no one is begging UND to join the Summit. I think most of the 1-29 teams just smile when your bb/vb games don't start until 9:00pm and finish after 11. No fans to watch them - I wonder if anyone listens to them?

And yet that didn't matter to those fans back in 2004 did it?

You bring up start times all the time. It's only you who complains about them. Nobody listens to them cause our conference actually provides free video service to watch them. It doesn't bother me

Bison fans enjoy the watchSummitLeague.com games don't they....oh wait that's on their Christmas list.

I do wonder if UND wanted to leave the Big Sky for Olympic sports if the Big Sky would let them stay for football. Don't care one way or the other...and don't see it happening or anything..

The Big Sky opened the door to that with UC-Davis and Cal Poly, but honestly, I can't see UND wanting to do that even if it were an option. I don't think UND would give any consideration to the Summit unless a MVFC was a part of the invitation. Personally, I'd rather be in the Big Sky in all sports than Summit/Big Sky football.

I can't read that thread. It's too frustrating. I stand by my posts in #26 and #28 of that thread and wish more of my fellow UND fans would have felt the same way as I did.

I didn't join this board until 2007 but back in 02 when NDSU decided to move up with SDSU, I wanted UND with or without the Yotes to move up as well. I didn't want to stay in DII playing St. Cloud, I wanted UND to play with the bigger boys, and now we are in a solid conference where even if 1 or 2 teams leave its not going to kill a conference.

• Upvote 1

ORU just feels it has a chance to replace Mo St in the MVC, so that's the reason it took TSL offer. The Slummit has to move fast and add DII teams to take advantage of its new found life.,

Just curious why they wouldn't be able to do that while staying in the Southland? I was quite surprised to see them come back to the summit and it is a good thing for the conference, shores up their problems. I do find it amusing that the FU faithful are gloating that the ORU coming back proves that Douple had a plan for the Summit all along.

Just curious why they wouldn't be able to do that while staying in the Southland? I was quite surprised to see them come back to the summit and it is a good thing for the conference, shores up their problems. I do find it amusing that the FU faithful are gloating that the ORU coming back proves that Douple had a plan for the Summit all along.

siouxvolley just needs a reason for ORU to join the summit based on something other than the merits. When people like him are wrong, it's always a plot.