SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Worry about the product on the field not the product in the stands.

Especially when the product in the stands is better than the product on the field. If a fan brought a sign that said Fire Muss I don't think there would be much of an argument compared to a Fire Hak sign. Muss has done nothing since 2008 except limp along in the GWFC, winning a share of a title (even thought if there was a tiebreaker it would've gone to Cal Poly), and then have 3 losing seasons in 4 years not done for ONE coach in UND football history!! http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsky/north_dakota/yearly_totals.php

The last time it was done was the Behrns/Thomas era when we had losing seasons in 85 (Behrns' last season), 86 (RT's first season), and 89. Congrats Muss you are now the record holder for the worst streak ever. FIRE MUSS!!!!

If I am Faison and if I have already made a decision to make a change, I do it after this game regardless of the result. I dont wait until after the season.

I get the last home game done and Senior day behind us and I start the process. Have an interim coach the last game and give myself a week head start.

I come out looking decisive and committed to the long term success of UND football.

But, I'm not Faison and this wont likely happen.

• Upvote 1

If I am Faison and if I have already made a decision to make a change, I do it after this game regardless of the result. I dont wait until after the season.

I get the last home game done and Senior day behind us and I start the process. Have an interim coach the last game and give myself a week head start.

I come out looking decisive and committed to the long term success of UND football.

But, I'm not Faison and this wont likely happen.

It wouldn't make sense to do it with one game remaining especially since we have a buy week after the UC Davis game. If he's planning on doing it then he's probably already searching for candidates.

It wouldn't make sense to do it with one game remaining especially since we have a buy week after the UC Davis game. If he's planning on doing it then he's probably already searching for candidates.

If you fire a guy do it either mid season or when the year is done, not with 1 game left. After the UC Davis game and we finish 2-9 then sit Muss down and tell him he is done. Then go out (outside of UND if possible) and get a qualified candidate.

I know Behrns is thought by many people to have destroyed the football program that UND and I'm sure he left the cupboard pretty bare for Roger Thomas, but his record was downright exemplary compared to the current administration.

Does anyone remember if Behrns was actually fired, or did he voluntarily leave?

I was only 15 at the time, so I could be wrong, but my guess is that back then UND coaches were on one-year contracts, and the choice was made to simply not renew his. I'm fairly certain he did not leave voluntarily, which presumably explains some of the hostility towards UND he later displayed (i.e. the bomb UNO threw against UND in the closing seconds of the 1996(?) game despite having a two or three score lead at the time).

• Upvote 1

Who gives a crap about a sign! Last I checked, there are two kinds of coaches:

1) Those who just got fired

2) Those who are about to be fired

That's funny, I heard a NFL coach say that once though I can't remember who it was..."You're hired to be fired"...true probably 95% of the time.

I know Behrns is thought by many people to have destroyed the football program that UND and I'm sure he left the cupboard pretty bare for Roger Thomas, but his record was downright exemplary compared to the current administration.

Does anyone remember if Behrns was actually fired, or did he voluntarily leave?

UND was horrible in 85-89. In 1985 I started going to UND games with my dad and my first one I went to was the East Stroudsburg game UND won 38-7, but then getting destroyed by pretty much the NCC teams including the king (NDSU), it wasn't a pretty sight, then in 86 I went to the Texas A&I game and have never seen a game that a defense didn't show up (67-44). I thought with Kurt Otto, Willis Jacox, and Tracy Martin we had a good offense...too bad our defense was bad (like our 2012 team), this 2013 team is comparable to the defense in the mid 80's plus the offense in 2010 (non existent). Did Lennon leave the cupboard empty in 2008 for Muss? Maybe, but Muss has had 6 seasons to fill it up and be competitive, major fail!!!! At least Roger Thomas took an empty team in 1986 and made it a contender by 1991 (just had to hurdle NDSU which was done in 1993), which team is Muss going to hurdle, EWU, MSU, Cal Poly? We can't hurdle Northern Colorado, and Portland State.

Scoreboard. Read it.. What does it say?

Montana. MSU. EWU. Biggest stretch of games in a decade. North Dakota got jacked up each and every time. It was not competitive.

Scoreboard.

The disastrous seasons of Behrns and Muss are/were similar in that regard, along with the fact that both occurred in their sixth season. It wasn't merely that there were 8 or 9 losses. It was more the manner in which several of the losses occurred. Behrns' last season included losses by 41, 41, 42 and 49 points. And one of those blowouts was to Morningside!

The disastrous seasons of Behrns and Muss are/were similar in that regard, along with the fact that both occurred in their sixth season. It wasn't merely that there were 8 or 9 losses. It was more the manner in which several of the losses occurred. Behrns' last season includes losses by 41, 41, 42 and 49 points. And one of those blowouts was to Morningside!

http://cfbdatawareho...arly_totals.php

1985 PA 315 Behrns

1986 PA 396 Thomas

2009 PA 307 Muss

2012 PA 380 Muss

2013 PA 316 Muss (through 9 games)

The only times in UND football history where we gave up more than 300 points in one season. That's an average of 27.3 ppg.

RT's defense in 1991 gave up only 131 points. He improved the team per year, Muss has destroyed it.

Okay...at the game and just watched UNC convert a 3rd and 26. Am I the only one in the stadium not expecting a screen pass. More reason that Kotelnicki is not a defensive coordinator.

#21 Chris Brown gave an embarrassing effort on that play. He had a chance to make a play about 5 yards short of the 1st down but he tiptoed around and didn't even end up getting a hand on him. If he plays that aggressively he can make a tackle but he just looked scared and timid. Tough to watch.