SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I thought Muss's comment about the players being divas was classless. The team is made up of student athletes, not professionals. How would you feels as a parent of one of those players? It is one thing to call out poor play but you do that with limiting playing time, rigorous and punishing practice drills, demanding more from your players in ways that don't resort to name calling.

ADs and coaches in college athletics have the trust of kids and their families. they have a responsibility to provide a good environment for the student athletes in their programs.

I don't like what I am seeing at UND right now, but I have some confidence that Faison will straighten this situation out. I can't see him letting this go on much longer when it is really starting to reflect poorly on the University.

I thought Muss's comment about the players being divas was classless. The team is made up of student athletes, not professionals. How would you feels as a parent of one of those players? It is one thing to call out poor play but you do that with limiting playing time, rigorous and punishing practice drills, demanding more from your players in ways that don't resort to name calling.

ADs and coaches in college athletics have the trust of kids and their families. they have a responsibility to provide a good environment for the student athletes in their programs.

I don't like what I am seeing at UND right now, but I have some confidence that Faison will straighten this situation out. I can't see him letting this go on much longer when it is really starting to reflect poorly on the University.

If I was a parent of one of the divas I'd tell him to pull his head out of his ass. Mussman has all the right in the world to call his players out. It sends a message when he tells it to the media.

If I was a parent of one of the divas I'd tell him to pull his head out of his ass. Mussman has all the right in the world to call his players out. It sends a message when he tells it to the media.

So the players don't respect the coach. So the coach disrespects the players. This is moving the team into what direction? I won't be surprised if they lose out.

And the message is "I have no respect for the players on this team". Say what you want, it was classless and if he wants to call someone out, there more productive ways to do it than lowering himself and university to that level.

And the message is "I have no respect for the players on this team". Say what you want, it was classless and if he wants to call someone out, there more productive ways to do it than lowering himself and university to that level.

A coach that would go to the media to call players out would not only make himself look like a idiot, but would lose credibility with everyone. Not a good idea!

"I'm not seeing the efforts" statements by coaches work when the coaches have the respect of the players. And it's not a personal insult.

Calling guys "divas" is name-calling and personal. That's not something a respectful two-way relationship does.

This guy is begging to be put out of OUR misery.

For future reference: "I'm not seeing the efforts from some guys that I expect; thus, there will be changes, either in effort or personnel" is how you communicate such things. For you Dean Blais fans allow me to translate: "Skate or sit."

• Upvote 4

"I'm not seeing the efforts" statements by coaches work when the coaches have the respect of the players. And it's not a personal insult.

Calling guys "divas" is name-calling and personal. That's not something a respectful two-way relationship does.

This guy is begging to be put out of OUR misery.

For future reference: "I'm not seeing the efforts from some guys that I expect; thus, there will be changes, either in effort or personnel" is how you communicate such things.

Perfect. Thank you

These are not kids, they are adults. Most of whom are being paid, in the form of scholarship dollars, to play a sport at a public university. IMO, they are fair game for public criticism, just as the coaching staff is.

Mussman criticizing his players in public is one of the few positive things he's done this season as far as I am concerned.

• Upvote 3

These are not kids, they are adults. Most of whom are being paid, in the form of scholarship dollars, to play a sport at a public university. IMO, they are fair game for public criticism, just as the coaching staff is.

Mussman criticizing his players in public is one of the few positive things he's done this season as far as I am concerned.

Just think if you had a family member that was being recruited by und and a few other schools. Wouldn't und drop to the bottom of your list if you knew the coach publicly called players names? How about if your employer/boss publicly called employees names? It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Not disagreeing with anything above but he still lacks the tact and class of a quality respectable HC IMO.

Just think if you had a family member that was being recruited by und and a few other schools. Wouldn't und drop to the bottom of your list if you knew the coach publicly called players names? How about if your employer/boss publicly called employees names? It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Cue the PC minions around here to accuse Muss of bullying...

I'm obviously not a Muss fan but let's not even go there.

Cue the PC minions around here to accuse Muss of bullying...

I'm obviously not a Muss fan but let's not even go there.

Lets not but you brought it up. Accusing a guy of doing what he's doing - name calling - a form of bullying, makes one a PC minion? It sure isn't an effective leadership skill.

Lets not but you brought it up. Accusing a guy of doing what he's doing - name calling - a form of bullying, makes one a PC minion? It sure isn't an effective leadership skill.

It's not leadership and it's not bullying. Bad choice of words by a bad HC...period.

Not only is he resorting to name calling but he's doing it in public. Throw your players under the bus and you think it makes you look any better?

Under the bus?? Really? He is the major issue w this program but the quitting on the field by some of the top talent on this team isn't too far behind. No problem with him calling players out but in the fashion he did...no tact or class.

Wrong, they are kids. Many of these athletes are 18-20, but Muss is a adult and should act accordingly.

What's the legal definition of an adult?

They are young adults. Not only is muss's behavior counter productive for the current season (like it really matters now) but his actions will affect recruits' decisions. The recruits are generally kids. And most parents would rather see their kids treated in more of a professional manner. I've never competed in NCAA sports myself but I have a sibling that did. His #1 priority when he chose what school to go to was the education. #2 was his respect for the coaching staff of the program.

They are young adults. Not only is muss's behavior counter productive for the current season (like it really matters now) but his actions will affect recruits' decisions. The recruits are generally kids. And most parents would rather see their kids treated in more of a professional manner.

So these young men can get paid to play football and go to school or could get paid to die for their country but God forbid someone questions their attitude and toughness even if there are clearly issues with those things? So you're saying only the coach can be held accountable? They're lucky he only called them divas. They deserve worse for how some have acted recently.

• Upvote 1