SiouxSports.com Forum

120 Days!

stoneySIOUX

I was listening to my iPod at work today, (yes, I love my job) and Miseria Cantare came on and I decide to brighten everyone's day a little by posting that the 2011-2012 men's hockey season starts in 120 days thus kicking off the skate for 8!!! Let the countdown begin. Now, please take down that score on the homepage..... LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

I was listening to my iPod at work today, (yes, I love my job) and Miseria Cantare came on and I decide to brighten everyone's day a little by posting that the 2011-2012 men's hockey season starts in 120 days thus kicking off the skate for 8!!! Let the countdown begin. Now, please take down that score on the homepage..... LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

That means that there are really only 120 days left of summer....

SECOND!

Is that a complaint Goon?? Would you rather have sunshine or Sioux hockey??? The answer is easy for me ;)

Well actually, both!!! I heard that we can expect a very hot October this year...

I am hoping/thinking about heading out West again this year for another football/hockey tripleheader. For those of you in the know,are there any hockey games set for the October 22 or November 5 weekends ?

The tentative schedule I have has Sioux at Wisconsin on Oct. 21-22 and at Minnesota Nov. 4-5.

I am hoping/thinking about heading out West again this year for another football/hockey tripleheader. For those of you in the know,are there any hockey games set for the October 22 or November 5 weekends ?

There's a tripleheader weekend Oct. 7-8 (including the IceBreaker Tourn. with BC, Mich St. & Air Force), if that works for you. I plan on going up that weekend with 3 friends.

Triple header weekends used to rule my world when I was at school at UND. Now if I was a student I don't know if I would want to do a triple header with some of the teams that UND is playing at home at the Alerus.....

I mean.....

Drake

Black Hills State (NAIA)

Montanta Western

Cal Poly

Sioux Falls (NAIA....but they are a pretty good team I guess)

South Dakota

The only games that sound interesting at all are South Dakota and Cal Poly.......attendance may be awful this year for the football team. On the other hand, at least they'll make a little money going to Fresno State to get murdered..... ???

After the latest annual letdown, I've never been so unanxious for the season to start. Anyone else feel this way? Maybe another month will do it, but I'm still sick to my stomach after we choked away yet ANOTHER chance at #8.

I can't say I feel that way. No matter how a previous season ended, I always look forward to the next season of Sioux hockey! GO SIOUX!!

The only games that sound interesting at all are South Dakota and Cal Poly.......attendance may be awful this year for the football team. On the other hand, at least they'll make a little money going to Fresno State to get murdered..... ???

I wonder what the final score will be on that one? 48-7?

After the latest annual letdown, I've never been so unanxious for the season to start. Anyone else feel this way? Maybe another month will do it, but I'm still sick to my stomach after we choked away yet ANOTHER chance at #8.

I'd hardly call the loss to Michigan a "choke". :glare:

I am going to agree with Mikejm as well.

Yeah I guess I see your point. In a game where we outshot them in such a lopsided way, took no penalties, and were definitely the FAVORED team, I wouldn't call that a choke either.

Rather, we just ran into a "hot goalie". You know, the same ol same ol excuse that so many Sioux fans use when we BLOW IT.

Nah, we didn't choke.

• Downvote 3