SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Agree with your first part and since they weren't suspended, the questions and comments are going to keep coming after the game this weekend no matter the outcome. From the outside it looks like winning games is all that matters since the only punishment was a couple extra laps of conditioning. buttlessonlearned

As I said, they had an easy out. If they felt it deserved suspension they could have sat them for the Robert Morris game and the heat would have been off and they would have still won the game.

This logic leads me to believe that the powers that be didn't feel their actions deserved a suspension at all for who knows what reason. Given Coach Bohl's track record with suspension, and don't kid yourself he has always been quick to punish when warranted, I tend to lean in the direction that they don't need to be suspended further.

NDSU said they weren't going to punish them till they had their day in court. . Their day in court came after the Robert Morris game if my memory is correct. Correct me if I am wrong. Either way there was just too many players to all miss a game. Remember there were a lot of players involved. Even if they were playing a weaker team it was important to win any game by as much as possible. Having that many players miss the game might have affected the size of the victory or resulted in a loss. Beating teams by a lot is very important in Fargo.

As I said, they had an easy out. If they felt it deserved suspension they could have sat them for the Robert Morris game and the heat would have been off and they would have still won the game.

This logic leads me to believe that the powers that be didn't feel their actions deserved a suspension at all for who knows what reason. Given Coach Bohl's track record with suspension, and don't kid yourself he has always been quick to punish when warranted, I tend to lean in the direction that they don't need to be suspended further.

The powers that be (Gene Taylor) gave a reason for no suspensions...it wasn't an alcohol or sex crime. Just a crime against the ND voting process. Which is nothing when there is a football game to be played.

• Upvote 1

The powers that be (Gene Taylor) gave a reason for no suspensions...it wasn't an alcohol or sex crime. Just a crime against the ND voting process. Which is nothing when there is a football game to be played.

I see that you all have taken the Joseph Goebbels approach to this topic. Fine, carry on.

NDSU said they weren't going to punish them till they had their day in court. . Their day in court came after the Robert Morris game if my memory is correct. Correct me if I am wrong. Either way there was just too many players to all miss a game. Remember there were a lot of players involved. Even if they were playing a weaker team it was important to win any game by as much as possible. Having that many players miss the game might have affected the size of the victory or resulted in a loss. Beating teams by a lot is very important in Fargo.

This isn't FBS, there are no points for beating a team by more or less. If you are going to join in at least come with some accurate comments.

You are accurate that this is not FBS and there is no points for margin of victory. Although in some pollsters minds it helps if you win handily. But more importantly it very important to NDSU to win by a large amount or more importantly to just win. It had always been that way.

This isn't FBS, there are no points for beating a team by more or less. If you are going to join in at least come with some accurate comments.

There are no extra points for beating people by large amounts in FBS either. The only protion of the BCS that a blowout victory could sway is the human poll, (i.e. making a team look better than it is by beating a team by a large amount). The same could be said for FCS as playoff teams are ultimately picked by humans and if two teams are on the bubble, blowout victorys could help one team get in over another.

You are accurate that this is not FBS and there is no points for margin of victory. Although in some pollsters minds it helps if you win handily. But more importantly it very important to NDSU to win by a large amount or more importantly to just win. It had always been that way.

What evidence do you have to support the claim that NDSU sees it more important to win by a large margin than any other team does? I don't see many NDSU blowouts and I'm pretty sure I have watched more NDSU games than you in the last 15 years.

To simplify it.. If the team of players it involved would have had to sit out a game or 2 it could very easily cost NDSU a victory or 2. And in FCS the number of victories does matter. Do you understand it now?

Read what you wrote again. You were stating the margin of victory is important to NDSU, now you are changing it to the number of victories is important. Which is likely the most obvious statement I have ever read on this site.

Your comments on this continue to be outrageous. You make NDSU out to be SMU or Miami, calm the hell down. Typical revisionist history.

If NDSU felt the players involved in the petition fraud situation deserved a suspension, they could have done so EASILY without affecting the outcome of any significant games. Remember, they knew about this before the season began and could have sat every single starter on the team and still beat Robert Morris by 3 scores.

To continue to say they weren't suspended so they wouldn't jeopardize their season just makes you sounds jealous, you should really stop.

You should stop apologizing for the Mean Machine. Or are you trying to justify their criminal activity and the ridiculous ethical dilemna that is Fargo U's athletic department? I'll bet that Davy Crockett State University Bearclaws don't have nearly the issues with ethics and arrests that the AC has had over the years.

Oh well, what can one expect from a school that once lost their regional academic accrediation. Oh, that isn't revisionist history either.

Now, you can go back to Buffaloville and talk with the other children about how mean we are here at the message board of the flagship university in the state of North Dakota. Or just whine some more.

Buttfootball. It's the Fargo way...

Lol, clearly you haven't been to an NDSU football game in ages.

I know your a former FU player but from the outside looking in, in the past if a player is a backup or won't contribute he has been dismissed. If its been a starter, slap on the wrist of the infraction they committed.

I know your a former FU player but from the outside looking in, in the past if a player is a backup or won't contribute he has been dismissed. If its been a starter, slap on the wrist of the infraction they committed.

Example?

You should stop apologizing for the Mean Machine. Or are you trying to justify their criminal activity and the ridiculous ethical dilemna that is Fargo U's athletic department? I'll bet that Davy Crockett State University Bearclaws don't have nearly the issues with ethics and arrests that the AC has had over the years.

Oh well, what can one expect from a school that once lost their regional academic accrediation. Oh, that isn't revisionist history either.

Now, you can go back to Buffaloville and talk with the other children about how mean we are here at the message board of the flagship university in the state of North Dakota. Or just whine some more.

As far as criminal activity on a Division I college football team goes, I would be willing to bet NDSU isn't even in the top 75%.

On any given year even your beloved Sioux players get in as much trouble as NDSU.

As far as criminal activity on a Division I college football team goes, I would be willing to bet NDSU isn't even in the top 75%.

On any given year even your beloved Sioux players get in as much trouble as NDSU.

Not a chance. Remember, NDSU is the devil and is at least as bad as any of the recent schools to receive NCAA sanctions.

Just out of curiosity.......................

3 years from now when the University of North Dakota is participating in the Division I National Championship game, will you be consistent in your efforts to minimize the accomplishment?

• Upvote 3

3 years from now when the University of North Dakota is participating in the Division I National Championship game, will you be consistent in your efforts to minimize the accomplishment?

Who's ever consistent in their opinions on the Internet? Is that why it was created? ???

Wow. I see you threw that out there without any empirical evidence to back you up.

Is that what the other children on buffaloville say too?

You know, inbetween their chants of "Mean Machine! Mean Machine!"

Oh, come on already!

It's a D-1 championship in name only. The real D-1 championship game is between Alabama and Notre Dame. If I went around and polled football fans and said to them, "Who is playing for the Division I football championship this coming week?", what answer would I get? You and I both know it would be "Alabama and Notre Dame".

Nobody knows about the game between The Sam Adams State Minutemen and the Fargo College Mean Machine. Heck, It's not even in the paper listed under college football games through the week. Is it a championship? Absolutely. It's just not a major college championship. It is, despite all the puffery going on on the Buffaloville sewing circle, just the D-1 Jr. Varsity Championship.

If UND builds that athletic center, they will soon be in that same game. And I will cheer them on wholeheartedly. But, I would never believe it was a true D-1 championship game. That's like calling the AAA Minor League Championship series the World Series. It's just stupid. It doesn't matter what 'FCS" school is playing in it.

• Upvote 1

Wow. I see you threw that out there without any empirical evidence to back you up.

Is that what the other children on buffaloville say too?

You know, inbetween their chants of "Mean Machine! Mean Machine!"

Empirical evidence? You really want to open pandora's box?

You quickly forget some of the trouble UND hockey players have been in these past couple of years. Then there was a young man from Fargo who played on the football team who had a bit of a temper problem. Seems his issue with the law was slightly more violent than what the NDSU players are accused of.

You seem to like history, be sure not to forget UND's when you bring up NDSU's.

You are the only UND poster who seems to not understand how quickly all of your comments can get thrown back in your face. You think UND football players don't drink underage? One weekend and maybe a few of those guys get picked up for minors or DUI's.

Empirical evidence? You really want to open pandora's box?

You quickly forget some of the trouble UND hockey players have been in these past couple of years. Then there was a young man from Fargo who played on the football team who had a bit of a temper problem. Seems his issue with the law was slightly more violent than what the NDSU players are accused of.

You seem to like history, be sure not to forget UND's when you bring up NDSU's.

You are the only UND poster who seems to not understand how quickly all of your comments can get thrown back in your face. You think UND football players don't drink underage? One weekend and maybe a few of those guys get picked up for minors or DUI's.

You said football.

Stay focused.

F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L.

Maybe this will help you...

Buttfootball. Mean Machine Football.

After all, if you mention hockey to the NE Texas A&M Armadillo fans, they won't know what you're saying.