SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

I don't even know how to respond to this. Look at the OOC teams again for NDSU the past couple years and come back.

EDIT: I was referring to your OOC schedules for the last two years. The first two years are similar. They have obviously gotten much worse as you showed above.

When UND starts making playoff runs and wins a national championship, let's have this conversation again. Teams DO NOT want to schedule NDSU OOC in the FCS. We have had numerous teams back out and many others who won't even pick up the phone when NDSU calls.

We have been through this 100 times, I don't see why it is so hard to understand.

I think the injury bug that we didn't really have to deal with in a big way last year has reared it's ugly head this year. As a Bison fan I like to be optimistic, but I just don't see NDSU repeating as national champions. I would glad be thrilled to be proven wrong however.

remember when they were talking about playing mwill at receiver because ever other receiver was injured? Or when the starting running back and quarterback played most of the season injured? Several players in the secondary missed large chunks of time. NDSU had a pretty steady churn of injuries last year.

When UND starts making playoff runs and wins a national championship, let's have this conversation again. Teams DO NOT want to schedule NDSU OOC in the FCS. We have had numerous teams back out and many others who won't even pick up the phone when NDSU calls.

We have been through this 100 times, I don't see why it is so hard to understand.

UND will gladly play and beat NDSU. NDSU would rather pay 250,000(according to Dom) to bring in Prairie A and M than UND for free.

remember when they were talking about playing mwill at receiver because ever other receiver was injured? Or when the starting running back and quarterback played most of the season injured? Several players in the secondary missed large chunks of time. NDSU had a pretty steady churn of injuries last year.

Not in the playoffs when it counts, we had our guys healthy and that is the difference from season to season.

UND will gladly play and beat NDSU. NDSU would rather pay 250,000(according to Dom) to bring in Prairie A and M than UND for free.

Pretty big statement to say you'll beat the reigning national champ when you can't hold a team to under 40 points. :)

Thanks trolls for my proving my earlier point. You guys are pathetic, get a life and go complain about UND on your own board.

Haha, calm down. People make an off-base homer statement they are going to get called on it.

Seems to be the MO around here lately, make a ridiculous comment, be proven wrong by the facts and then cry about NDSU fans trolling.

Edit: I get a kick out of the get a life comment on an internet message board btw. For every minute I spend here typing, you are spending a minute reading it, so it appears we both need to get a life if that is the case. :)

Compared to most teams, they remained unbelievably healthy. As far as the schedule thing, I am done with it. The argument can go round and round forever if we include enough years. I will leave it alone.

Compared to most teams, they remained unbelievably healthy. As far as the schedule thing, I am done with it. The argument can go round and round forever if we include enough years. I will leave it alone.

That is exactly my point, so to say one team's OOC schedule is more impressive than another team's isn't accurate, just wait and year and it will be flipped.

Haha, calm down. People make an off-base homer statement they are going to get called on it.

Seems to be the MO around here lately, make a ridiculous comment, be proven wrong by the facts and then cry about NDSU fans trolling.

Edit: I get a kick out of the get a life comment on an internet message board btw. For every minute I spend here typing, you are spending a minute reading it, so it appears we both need to get a life if that is the case. :)

Maybe so but I am at work at a software company and glued to my computer with plenty of free time on a Friday.

Maybe so but I am at work at a software company and glued to my computer with plenty of free time on a Friday.

Haha, I am just kidding man. We are all passionate football fans trying to kill time to get to the weekend and watch some football.

• Upvote 1

You're missing the obvious point. NDSU would have to give up a home game at least once every 4 years, possibly every other year, in order to play UND. The lost revenue from that game cancels out the 200K paid to a team like PVAM.

You can say that you would personally like to see the game started up again, or speculate that the people of Norh Dakota want to see the game played again. But it's much more difficult to make a actual case that NDSU has anything to gain, financially or otherwise, from playing UND. For now, NDSU is exactly where it wants to be. Scheduling UND can't really improve the situation.

Haha, I know. Just beat the crap out of them!

How great is this? A UND fan and an NDSU fan speaking in a friendly way. The lion and the lamb laying down together. With what we just accomplished we should get together and work on the middle east next. :)

Let this be a lesson to all of us. haha.

I realize we could have this conversation for many, many years and still not agree on things and I am fine with that. But please realize that you are a fan of the other side of one of the biggest rivalries in the entire country and your opinion of Bison fans, however objective you may feel you are being, is skewed.

I'm not the one on the opposing school message board trying to talk about how good my school is. I'm sure that you realize that this is a UND fan site. That is another example of the difference between the school's fans. NDSU fans are constantly on this board telling us how much better their teams are. Not a lot of UND fans doing that on Bville. I go over and read some posts, but I have never even joined the board, so I don't try and correct some of the pure fantasy that happens over there. Yet here you are trying to correct me on SiouxSports.com, along with Herd, Bison Dan, Jheria, and many others.
  • Upvote 2

You're missing the obvious point. NDSU would have to give up a home game at least once every 4 years, possibly every other year, in order to play UND. The lost revenue from that game cancels out the 200K paid to a team like PVAM.

You can say that you would personally like to see the game started up again, or speculate that the people of Norh Dakota want to see the game played again. But it's much more difficult to make a actual case that NDSU has anything to gain, financially or otherwise, from playing UND. For now, NDSU is exactly where it wants to be. Scheduling UND can't really improve the situation.

I have gone through the financials several times that prove NDSU can actually make more money playing home and home with UND than paying $200K or more for outside teams. It isn't difficult. Gene Taylor doesn't want anything to do with the UND football team. That is the bottom line.

That is rather bold to say right now considering UND's defensive problems and NDSU's defense.

Let them prove it on the field. That's the only score that counts, the one at the end of an actual game. None of the NDSU bluster actually counts. So a UND fan can claim their team would win a game just as much as an NDSU fan. The only way to know for sure which team would win is to have the teams actually play.

I'm not the one on the opposing school message board trying to talk about how good my school is. I'm sure that you realize that this is a UND fan site. That is another example of the difference between the school's fans. NDSU fans are constantly on this board telling us how much better their teams are. Not a lot of UND fans doing that on Bville. I go over and read some posts, but I have never even joined the board, so I don't try and correct some of the pure fantasy that happens over there. Yet here you are trying to correct me on SiouxSports.com, along with Herd, Bison Dan, Jheria, and many others.

I suppose this is the response I should have expected from you at this point. You might as well just keep this response on your clipboard so you can paste it in here you have used it so often. Have a great weekend man.

I have gone through the financials several times that prove NDSU can actually make more money playing home and home with UND than paying $200K or more for outside teams. It isn't difficult. Gene Taylor doesn't want anything to do with the UND football team. That is the bottom line.

What is wrong with that? He was hired to do a job and if he feels it isn't in NDSU best interest to play UND, for whatever reason he decides, that is his prerogative.

What is wrong with that? He was hired to do a job and if he feels it isn't in NDSU best interest to play UND, for whatever reason he decides, that is his prerogative.

I think the issue a lot of people have is that when Faison wanted an every year game, GT stated that he wanted to start with a one time home/home contract with a year between games and the first game in Fargo and then see how it goes from there. Recently Faison said that would be fine and indicated that he would send the contract over to GT. Since then, not a peep from GT despite Faison giving him exactly what he wanted. And he hasn't offered up any explanation for why he got what he wanted but yet still won't agree to it.