SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite moment of the 2010-2011 season

Frozen4sioux

I truly enjoyed this year, had some great times from watching the seniors all year to the great year Dell had.

But I have to say the best was the game vs Robert Morris when I took my four year old son to see the Sioux hang 8 and have a blast and fall in love with Fighting Sioux Hockey.

Thanks guys good luck in the pros.

Good season for the Sioux, not great but good season. Not happy when it ends like a 2-0 game when we completely outplayed Michigan, but oh well.

I keep telling myself its just a game and that happens.

Lots of positives for the season getting the Reg Cup and WCHA tourney cup are several of the highlights.

• 4 weeks later...

This is as good of a place as any. For those of you looking for something to watch on tv this afternoon.....they are replaying the Final Five championship game on FCS - Atlantic right now. It just started. The guide says that it is Women's hockey and that its the championship game in Minneapolis, but its not.

I still have to laugh about Trupp carrying the puck on his stick 2/3 the length of the ice and shooting it, if that would have gone in we'd be seeing it on replays until the day we died.

Almost as good was when they interviewed Frattin during the NCAA Hockey Selection Show and asked him about it, he said something like "I was filling the lane in case he passed it to me...I didn't really know what to do", it was pretty funny.

It was fun watching the boys crash the party at two arena openings.

Owning the Xcel Energy Center at the Final Five was great too.

I have to admit that I liked watching UND pound UMD 5-0 in the opening of their new barn...

It was the Green Bay regional as a whole for me. It was very close to home for me and to see them playing in Wisconsin, and then winning, was an awesome moment. Myself and about a half dozen others tailgated at Lambeau both days and had a great time the whole weekend.

My favorite moment of the 2011 season was the comeback win against UNO at Omaha. What a tremendous game to listen too. Back and forth the entire way with the Sioux pulling it out at the end with Dell getting the win in relief.

Second place is the sweep at Wisconsin. That was nice too.