SiouxSports.com Forum

KFAN - Kristo Comments

FSSD

I was listening to the segment live while working (Fargo) so I can't recall the conversation word for word but DrunkHockeyGuy told PA and Cardinal what happened to Kristo (think, most common rumor thrown around by Gopher/Bison/Anti-Sioux fans), PA got upset over it and ended the phone call shortly their after. PA and Cardinal talked a little more about it, Cardinal said Kristo sat down with Schloss and explained what happened, Cardinal said he's heard different stories from different people and that the truth may never come out and they left it at that. PA did made it well known a couple of times that he was upset about it and made sure the producer would edit it out of the podcast.

It was a little upsetting to hear it on the radio but it was pretty easy to hear that PA was pissed, (he even said he was "pissed off")

Other than that I like the segment every Thursday. It's nice to hear some hockey on the radio in between the NFL lockout and NBA Basketball.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any reason to re-hash the issue by bringing up what the guy said)

I can't recall the last time I've ever seen a more focused and determined Sioux hockey team. Duluth assuming that they get through Notre Dame are going to have to dig deep if they have any hope of skating with a Sioux team with this much depth, speed, and size.

Dont the Sioux have to get through Michigan first? :)

Nothing was dumped, PA wanted content dumped but it was too late.

DHG is a good guy, he just likes to stir the pot with opposing fan bases. He's ads big of a hockey fan as you'll ever meet.

It sounds to me stuff was dumped since no one brings up the other stuff that I heard.

Dont the Sioux have to get through Michigan first? :)

Nah . . . Sioux fans are too busy whining about DHG's Kristo comments, right Fire Helmet Guy? You state your case well on Twitter.

"@bruceciskie What a bunch of crap. Suppose they don't want Sioux fans whining to KFAN about it. Guess the truth hurts!"

Funny. I remember 3-2 in OT. But I guess we all have selective memory :)

I just remember going to check out that fancy new rink, but feeling like I didn't quite get my money's worth as I didn't get to hear what the goal horn sounds like. I'm sure it's pretty cool!

I assumed DHG would call in, but I had no idea what we was going to bring up outside of being happy his squad made the Frozen Four, so there was nothing "pre-planned" in terms of the content of his call, etc.

Hey Cardinal,

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Complaints

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, D.C. 20554

or

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

I sure hope the new kinder gentler FCC doesn't decide you folks had a "wardrobe malfunction" today. ;)

Funny. I remember 3-2 in OT. But I guess we all have selective memory :)

Well, Biddco. I suppose you do have to be selective about remembering the only positive from your fanbase's standpoint in the series against the Sioux this year...

It's been fun basically owning UMD these last couple years. I remember going 4-1 against UMD last year also. Good times!

Nothing was dumped, PA wanted content dumped but it was too late.

DHG is a good guy, he just likes to stir the pot with opposing fan bases. He's ads big of a hockey fan as you'll ever meet.

Okay, but why did PA say he dumped a comment made by DHG twice, then explicitly told Joe Nelson not to include said comment in the podcast? I just listened to the podcast, so I'm assuming something that he said was left out.

I just remember going to check out that fancy new rink, but feeling like I didn't quite get my money's worth as I didn't get to hear what the goal horn sounds like. I'm sure it's pretty cool!

Ahhh selective memory.

I can't recall the last time I've ever seen a more focused and determined Sioux hockey team. Duluth assuming that they get through Notre Dame are going to have to dig deep if they have any hope of skating with a Sioux team with this much depth, speed, and size.

Damned straight. The Sioux do need to get by Michigan, which will no doubt be a war and a great college hockey game. This said, you are correct. Michigan ain't seen nothing all season like they are going to see on Thursday night.

DHG had his fun popping his mouth over things that he, and most everyone of us, simply do not know. He is the one who looks foolish now. All I know is that Kristo is back, a wildly pleasant surprise for which many are grateful. The Sioux roll four lines. Top to bottom. The Sioux have veteran and smart defensemen. The Sioux have a solid backstop. The X will be packed with Sioux fans. There are three games left in the college hockey season. Here is saying, yet again, that the Sioux are going to win two of them. We ain't losing to any team sporting the brown and yeller, and sporting those dumb arsed permanents in their hairs.

I have always respected and liked Duluth, all things considered. I do not like Duluth this weekend. Last week was their time. Next week is OUR TIME!!

Book it. Skate to Eight.

I assumed DHG would call in, but I had no idea what we was going to bring up outside of being happy his squad made the Frozen Four, so there was nothing "pre-planned" in terms of the content of his call, etc.

Hey, I appreciate the hockey coverage. But, I thought that today it went over the line..

Why wont anyone say what was said? Was it that bad? This is like reading an article(s) about why Oshie missed practice... seriously...

Wow, I guess I missed something bigger too. I thought it was bad enough talking a shot at kristo not having all his toes on his feet. I know that PA talked about dumping something, but I just thought that because I was listening to the Fargo station that I heard it. Cardnal, I too appreciate the coverage too.

Wow, I guess I missed something bigger too. I thought it was bad enough talking a shot at kristo not having all his toes on his feet. I know that PA talked about dumping something, but I just thought that because I was listening to the Fargo station that I heard it.

I believe only online listeners heard 100% of the Kristo comments DHG said.

Why wont anyone say what was said? Was it that bad? This is like reading an article(s) about why Oshie missed practice... seriously...

Remember all the rumors about Kristo when it happened? Think back to that. It'll give you an idea of what was said.

Ahhh selective memory.

Most recent matchup between these two teams, so it's bound to be most fresh in my memory. Funny story, there was a kid all dressed up in Bulldog gear sitting right in front of me that night, and he didn't quite care for me cheering for the Sioux. By the end of the night I swear he had switched his allegiance to UND. He was turning around and giving me knuckles whenever the Sioux scored.

Most recent matchup between these two teams, so it's bound to be most fresh in my memory. Funny story, there was a kid all dressed up in Bulldog gear sitting right in front of me that night, and he didn't quite care for me cheering for the Sioux. By the end of the night I swear he had switched his allegiance to UND. He was turning around and giving me knuckles whenever the Sioux scored.

The kid just needed a positive influence :silly: