SiouxSports.com Forum

KFAN - Kristo Comments

FSSD

I did hear it and it was rediculous. If Paul was true to his word the podcast will be edited to not include it. What a D BAG that umd fan was.

I heard it as well. Had my phone out ready to call in...

But they said the number too fast and all I wanted to do was tell that d-bag UMD fan off.

He's a good guy when you meet him in person, but he does like to get opposing fans riled up on message boards (and evidently, on the radio). His usual targets are SCSU fans. :)

What was said about Kristo?

And it is working here...

I always...I always...

He is an anonomys poster on a message board but most people know his real name as do i.

Drunkhockeyguy

I could understand it if he was some random call in guy, but PA/Cardinal/DHG have had bits several times this year and PA had a shoutout to DHG to call in.... so, this isn't some random thing. The guy is part of the bit.... sad stuff.

He is an anonomys poster on a message board but most people know his real name as do i.

Drunkhockeyguy

Wow with a username of Drunkhockey guy, he must be cool! Take a look in the mirror guy.

He's a good guy when you meet him in person, but he does like to get opposing fans riled up on message boards (and evidently, on the radio). His usual targets are SCSU fans. :)

What was said about Kristo?

One thing to post his garbage, but on the radio it is totally different. Again, he was not some random call in guy.

Cardinal noted that UND's PP had been better than UMD's. Then DHG said that UMD's has the advantage now because they have 2 feet and 10 toes.

Well our power play did fine when we were missing whatever so his point is moot.

Tell him to try again.

Cardinal noted that UND's PP had been better than UMD's. Then DHG said that UMD's has the advantage now because they have 2 feet and 10 toes.

much more than that went out ..... thats what they could keep

Just listened to that portion of the podcast.

First of all, he thinks UMD will have the upper hand over UND in a potential title match up because there will be "neutral" refs instead of WCHA refs, and he likes their power play. Uh, whatever that means.

Then Ryan Cardinal said UND has the top power play in the WCHA, and "Drunk Hockey Guy" said the difference is that everyone on their power play unit has two feet and ten toes.

Credit to PA for calling him out. I didn't hear it live, so I don't know what else he said, but PA said that he "dumped" a comment that DHG repeated twice. He said it was the first time since he's been on the radio that he's dumped someone's comment who wasn't cursing. Then he told his producer to not include those comments in the podcast. Cardinal was pretty neutral on it.

Anyone know what this guy said live?

I could understand it if he was some random call in guy, but PA/Cardinal/DHG have had bits several times this year and PA had a shoutout to DHG to call in.... so, this isn't some random thing. The guy is part of the bit.... sad stuff.

I could would put my life on it that Paul had no idea that this would have been said. I used to work at KFAN back in the PA and Dubay days. Paul was getting angry about the comments after they were said and I could tell it was bothering him. He knows that GF and Duluth both have Fan radio stations so he would not alienate one over the other. We all know how to have fun, but that crossed the line and Paul new it and that is why he dumped it for the Twin Cities market, but it didn't in GF or in my case Fargo. Please don't put this on Paul, put it on this D Bag in Duluth.

I could would put my life on it that Paul had no idea that this would have been said. I used to work at KFAN back in the PA and Dubay days. Paul was getting angry about the comments after they were said and I could tell it was bothering him. He knows that GF and Duluth both have Fan radio stations so he would not alienate one over the other. We all know how to have fun, but that crossed the line and Paul new it and that is why he dumped it for the Twin Cities market, but it didn't in GF or in my case Fargo. Please don't put this on Paul, put it on this D Bag in Duluth.

Agreed. Like I said, PA called his initial comment "diseased." PA even said he was pissed off about it.

But care to share what he said that got dumped?

I'm glad i didn't listen today... I usually do every single day.. I'm still waiting to hear what else was said... Cardinal is always so neutral I can handle it even is he loves gophers. PA obviously is a Gopher rube but he's a great radio guy and really makes it fun to listen to...

Danny Kristo has been playing lights out since he got back, so the UMD dirtbags will find out, it isnt' just the pony line scoring goals. Kristo will have a big impact,

he's tougher now then he ever was. Duluth and their one line, good luck with that, 5 to 0, that's what I recall.

I don't know any of these guys and I am sure they are nice guys. Again, I get the bit - PA and Cardinal are constantly tearing down others when it comes to college hockey and UND in particular. I roll with it all the time. But, PA brought him on the show. He is ultimately responsible for it and what he said was way over the line. It did go out in the MSP market because I was streaming in tonka. My jaw dropped when I heard the comments.

Agreed. Like I said, PA called his initial comment "diseased." PA even said he was pissed off about it.

But care to share what he said that got dumped?

Nothing was dumped, PA wanted content dumped but it was too late.

DHG is a good guy, he just likes to stir the pot with opposing fan bases. He's ads big of a hockey fan as you'll ever meet.

Danny Kristo has been playing lights out since he got back, so the UMD dirtbags will find out, it isnt' just the pony line scoring goals. Kristo will have a big impact,

he's tougher now then he ever was. Duluth and their one line, good luck with that, 5 to 0, that's what I recall.

Funny. I remember 3-2 in OT. But I guess we all have selective memory :)

I can't recall the last time I've ever seen a more focused and determined Sioux hockey team. Duluth assuming that they get through Notre Dame are going to have to dig deep if they have any hope of skating with a Sioux team with this much depth, speed, and size.