SiouxSports.com Forum

banned on bisonville

huskies679

i don't know who the administrator of this board is but i assume tony is the administrator at bisonville. i notice that there are people banned (or warned) all the time there. on this board i have never had posts deleted. i know that have written things you all dislike. but the spirited conversation seems to be welcome here. I LIKE THAT!

the administrator can do what they want because i am a visitor and not associated with UND or NDSU. i am just a fan of SCSU and small college sports, from DIAA to DIII. thanks administrator of siouxsports.com. you run a nice board.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really comment on others' moderation philosophies, except to caution that moderating is very hard. We definitely don't have a laissez-faire attitude here; rather, we've tried to create an environment in which people can freely discuss the Sioux (from any viewpoint) by aggressively discouraging flaming / personal attacks.

Our philosophy was born of multiple people's frustration with some boards in which topical conversation quickly gets overwhelmed with flame-fests (on USCHO, for example, any mention of UND last season was overwhelmed with dozens of replies of the exact same anti-UND propaganda).

There are plenty of people around here who aren't UND fans and who frequently disagree with the Sioux fans, which frankly makes the conversation better when those people actually want to talk about the topics. Unfortunately, on rare occasions, someone comes around just to try to aggravate Sioux fans, not to actually discuss UND.

There have been quite a few threads locked, a few people banned, but almost no posts deleted (only posts that contain racial/sexual/personal attacks have been deleted). I'm sure some of those people would claim that we're intolerant of dissent, I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

FYI-- moderation is performed by JimDahl and GDM. We usually discuss things like bannings between ourselves before taking action, which probably helps add consistency and temperance.

Hahahaha! Maybe Huskie guy should have asked what my policy was on banning people. Always glad to give good old Huskie679 one more thing to add to his list of "Horrible Ways NDSU and their Fans Have Violated Me." :glare:

I've banned seven user names (all Grand Forks IP addresses - congratulations, Grand Cities), representing four or five different guys.

I banned SiouxRock three times - and he lasted a lot longer on Bisonville than he did on SiouxSports (that was back when I was more patient with foul-mouthed idiots). He posted 151 times before his first ban and 80 some before his second.

I banned another guy whose logins were NDSUcks and NDSU CKS, not because of his login name, but because his posts, one of which I did end up deleting, were kind of in poor taste. None had anything to do with Bison athletics. OK, I've never had any patience with idiots so he went fast.

I banned two other guys for a little too much talk about a Bison coach and the type of sex toys she might like - as well as a whole bunch of speculation about Entzion's sex life. I actually thought these two should have been forced to march the length of University Avenue in Fargo bearing sandwich boards displaying the text of their posts. *Sigh* I don't have that kind of power... yet (bwahahahahaha!) so I had to be satisfied with banning them.

My worst crime was that I deleted Huskies679's glowing contribution to the world of letters. Tragically, I don't remember what it was so the wit and insight he bestowed upon unworthy Bison fans may have been lost forever.... Oh wait, here's your chance, Huskie679, post it again on the SiouxSports board! I can't delete here... yet (bwahahahaha)!

Yeah, I've had to delete some posts lately. If anybody at SiouxSports.com thinks I've done a disservice to the world, then I can probably retrieve them and SiouxSports can display them proudly on their site. Since almost all of them originated from Grand Forks, that would only be fitting. Then again, maybe Huskie679 should be the one to right this wrong. He could start a Huskie football board and display the posts himself.

Hahahaha! Maybe Huskie guy should have asked what my policy was on banning people. Always glad to give good old Huskie679 one more thing to add to his list of "Horrible Ways NDSU and their Fans Have Violated Me." :D

I've banned seven user names (all Grand Forks IP addresses - congratulations, Grand Cities), representing four or five different guys.

I banned SiouxRock three times - and he lasted a lot longer on Bisonville than he did on SiouxSports (that was back when I was more patient with foul-mouthed idiots). He posted 151 times before his first ban and 80 some before his second.

I banned another guy whose logins were NDSUcks and NDSU CKS, not because of his login name, but because his posts, one of which I did end up deleting, were kind of in poor taste. None had anything to do with Bison athletics. OK, I've never had any patience with idiots so he went fast.

I banned two other guys for a little too much talk about a Bison coach and the type of sex toys she might like - as well as a whole bunch of speculation about Entzion's sex life. I actually thought these two should have been forced to march the length of University Avenue in Fargo bearing sandwich boards displaying the text of their posts. *Sigh* I don't have that kind of power... yet (bwahahahahaha!) so I had to be satisfied with banning them.

My worst crime was that I deleted Huskies679's glowing contribution to the world of letters. Tragically, I don't remember what it was so the wit and insight he bestowed upon unworthy Bison fans may have been lost forever.... Oh wait, here's your chance, Huskie679, post it again on the SiouxSports board! I can't delete here... yet (bwahahahaha)!

Yeah, I've had to delete some posts lately. If anybody at SiouxSports.com thinks I've done a disservice to the world, then I can probably retrieve them and SiouxSports can display them proudly on their site. Since almost all of them originated from Grand Forks, that would only be fitting. Then again, maybe Huskie679 should be the one to right this wrong. He could start a Huskie football board and display the posts himself.

Aaaah, how classic. Never seen a moderator of a message board get power rushes in his ability to delete posts & ban subscribers. I think we have a little tyrant on the loose in Fargo, a virtual Mini-me... :p Just kiddin', Tony, keep up the great work :glare:

nice, lost a lot of respect for tony now that I found out he is the moderator of the bisonville board. He comes on here and talks trash about how all the people banned are from Grand Forks. I guess the moderator's on this board have to take a tougher stance and start banning the Bison boys.

Really classy for the moderator of the bison board to come on here and act like their board is superior.

Tony is terrible. He threaten to ban me a while back simply because I was the only one taking a stand against his bison boys and I was doing a damn fine job I might add. :glare:

He is that kid that was always made fun of on the playground and now he has to take it out on the people who make fun of him and his boys on bisonville.com.

Oh please, CoteauRinkRat, I've lost count of how many times UND guys have lost all, most, or some respect for me :glare: I can see why you might not like me pointing out that all but one of the IP addresses were from Grand Forks, but why not get angry at the people who were posting that kind of stuff in the first place?

Huskie679 is way off base. I listed the banned and their offenses so Jim could say, "Heck, they'd have been banned here too." My only mistake was letting some of those people post as any times as they did.

A Sioux fan on this board will probably get more latitude than say a Bison/Gopher/Huskie/etc. fan.

In that same vein, a Bison/Gopher/Huskie/etc. fan probably won't be given quite as much latitude here.

When I used to have the time to "play" with tony (and The Yellow) over at Bisonville I knew I was a guest in "their house." I'd speak, but I also knew I was a "guest" in "their house" and should act with some level of respect to my "hosts."

That's good advice to everyone.

PS - That "The Yellow" jab is a good example. That'll probably slide here but would raise some ire in Bisonville. :glare:

I don't know why anyone would want to post over there with the infamous JBB lerking to attack, what a moron. Most people on the Bison board are ok, but JBB makes it worthless to even attempt to be civil over there. Man, can he come up with the BS! He cannot talk about the Sioux without getting his panties in a bunch!

He just basically makes stuff up, oh well, no big loss for me to not post over there.

I don't know why anyone would want to post over there with the infamous JBB lerking to attack, what a moron. Most people on the Bison board are ok, but JBB makes it worthless to even attempt to be civil over there. Man, can he come up with the BS! He cannot talk about the Sioux without getting his panties in a bunch!

He just basically makes stuff up, oh well, no big loss for me to not post over there.

I'm so not into the Bison I didn't even know they had a message board until a month ago. Don't know why any Sioux fan would want to go there in the first place unless to ruffle some feathers during the football season. They're an afterthought (for me) if they don't have a D1 hockey program...

I'm so not into the Bison I didn't even know they had a message board until a month ago. Don't know why any Sioux fan would want to go there in the first place unless to ruffle some feathers during the football season. They're an afterthought (for me) if they don't have a D1 hockey program...

That is the only reason why bison fans come on here, is to ruffle everyone's feathers.

I for one don't post here to ruffle feathers. I post here so we can have a good exchange on issues of a common concern. Tony does a hell of a job running Bisonville and has been pretty lenient on banning anyone. From what I have seen it is only the vulgar personal type stuff that gets one into trouble. And that is how it should be on any board or listserve. I think Jim also does a good job dealing with the banning issue here as well.

I am far far from a supporter of UND or the Sioux. I despise UND (it is probably the only place other than BYU that I would refuse to pay for my kid to attend). However, I have never been warned or close to being banned on this site despite my disagreements with the UND fans, and that is what these boards are all about. Free speech with in reason. I think that both this site and Bisonville do a pretty good job of allowing free speech with in reason.

I may have to retract my last statement after Jim chose to close the D1AA topic area.  That is a no class move.  Kind of like living a life of denial.

I'm sorry that my choice of what topics to pay for people to discuss doesn't include some topics you want to discuss; however, I and many others who contributed to creating this organization consciously chose that it would provide news about and an opportunity to discuss UND athletics. Since you "despise UND", it's not surprising that you find the topics on this web site not necessarily aligned with your interests.

While DI-AA may be very interesting to you, it no longer has anything to do with UND now that all the decisions about changes in the NCC have been made and are nearly completely executed. The conversation about DI-AA from the perspective of whether UND might reclassify has more than played itself out, barring any additional news. Therefore, after consulting others and giving a brief opportunity for public comment, I closed that forum.

I'm not sure how that makes me "not classy" or "living a life of denial", but name calling certainly won't bully me into changing the mission of this site to try to please self-avowed UND-haters.

I may have to retract my last statement after Jim chose to close the D1AA topic area. That is a no class move. Kind of like living a life of denial.

You are living a life of denial if you think that NDSU is going to be good in the next decade. I am going to love watching you lose while UND is still at the peak and winning conference and national championships. Have fun losing. I bid you farewell.