SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching adjustments for the Title shot

yababy8

Genoway was a +5 in the SCUS series in Dec, +3 against Robert Morris, +4 against Mich Tech playoff, and +2 against UMD holiday game. This is a +14 in 7 games. This leaves him a -7 over the remaining 27 games he played. It is only stats.

I see you fail to mention a negative one in a game UND won 11-2. It is not only stats it proofs that he is a defensive liablity. Without those points against weaker teams to bring up his numbers how low he would have been otherwise. Thank you for making my argument for me.

The coaching adjustment that I would like to see is that the Sioux not come out in thier first game in the regional flat and lose, same thing in the Frozen Four especially if they play BC? How many years in a row now have they come out flat and lost? At least five, I think. Why is it so hard for every game in the NCAA tourney? It has been so endlessly frustrating!

We dodged that bullet.

For me, it's this simple...make sure JG is in the lineup!

He's a difference maker! He was yesterday and will be today as well.

Side note, I'd be shocked if Nelson plays. He looked like he was out cold for a little bit. I say Rowney centers Kristo and Dickin and Davidson goes back with Mario and Rodwell.

He's a difference maker! He was yesterday and will be today as well.

Side note, I'd be shocked if Nelson plays. He looked like he was out cold for a little bit. I say Rowney centers Kristo and Dickin and Davidson goes back with Mario and Rodwell.

I'd say Rowney centers Kristo and Davidson and they put Gleason out with Mario and Rodwell.

What happened to CC last night illustrates just how important it is that the Sioux stay out of the box. UMich only scored one PPG, but CC's rhythm was completely messed up, partly from all the specialty team involvement.

With the way Renss came out with the physical play yesterday , I was afraid the Sioux would start taking stupid penalties. They did not, and that took discipline--and some smarts. Maybe even Hextall has figured this out. If they establish some flow today and roll all their lines, they will win, IMO.

Good luck, boys. Put the d-dancer out on the golf course where he belongs. I'll bet he talks when others putt. And fudges his lie. And adds his score wrong. Grrrr. They're worse than gophers. Go get 'em.

I'd say Rowney centers Kristo and Davidson and they put Gleason out with Mario and Rodwell.

That would work too. I just think in a close grind it out game, Dickin provides some grit on the walls and IMO really complimented Kristo in the F5 last week.

Gleason just doesn't do much for me at forward.

What happened to CC last night illustrates just how important it is that the Sioux stay out of the box. UMich only scored one PPG, but CC's rhythm was completely messed up, partly from all the specialty team involvement.

With the way Renss came out with the physical play yesterday , I was afraid the Sioux would start taking stupid penalties. They did not, and that took discipline--and some smarts. Maybe even Hextall has figured this out. If they establish some flow today and roll all their lines, they will win, IMO.

Good luck, boys. Put the d-dancer out on the golf course where he belongs. I'll bet he talks when others putt. And fudges his lie. And adds his score wrong. Grrrr. They're worse than gophers. Go get 'em.

Totally agree...UND kept their composure...especially after the Nelson hit. I thought RPI was reckless and undisciplined for most of the game.

26 year old Canadians >>> Smart kids! ;)

That would work too. I just think in a close grind it out game, Dickin provides some grit on the walls and IMO really complimented Kristo in the F5 last week.

Gleason just doesn't do much for me at forward.

I hear ya, but I really like Davidson on the off Kristo wing...Fourth line could be Mario, Dickin, and Rodwell I suppose. That enough grit for ya? :D

Bottom line is 3 periods of hockey for a trip to the Frozen Four.

Can't let DU dictate the style of game this becomes.

Totally agree...UND kept their composure...especially after the Nelson hit. I thought RPI was reckless and undisciplined for most of the game.

26 year old Canadians >>> Smart kids! ;)

What is with this 26 year old Canadians and smart kids comment? I doubt most of the UND players would make it into RPI based on grades.

• Downvote 3

What is with this 26 year old Canadians and smart kids comment? I doubt most of the UND players would make it into RPI based on grades.

Why do people assume people from UND are dumb? I've always thought UND offers an above average education. RPI is based primarily of engineers. We have an engineering school, not on the level of RPI but we have one. Just the same as RPI doesn't have a medical or aviation school on par with UND. Its all relative.

Genoway is an excellent defenseman. In four plus years how often have you seen someone take the puck around him, past him, or over him. He is excellent with his stick and he sticks with forwards as they come across the blue line forcing them outside or else poke checks the puck away. I think that is waht he is supposed to do. He doesn't knock them over but he knocks them off of their route and you don't see the opponents get good shots because he either poke checks the puck or ties up their sticks. He gets the job done as a defenseman but his offensive skills are so much better than most defensemen, we overlook the fact that he is an excellent blueliner. I think if you told coaches from around the league or scouts people here think he is a defensive liability they would laugh. Most coaches would take 6 of him in a minute. His smarts, speed. quickness and stick handling skills tht make him so good offensively are also what make him an excellent defenseman.

Who is Genoway drafted by? I will bet any stock he may have had at the beginning of the year is no longer there. It's the reason he is back because there was not any interest last year, the year before, or the present. Don't think the scouts or coaches have missed him do you?

• Downvote 2

Who is Genoway drafted by? I will bet any stock he may have had at the beginning of the year is no longer there. It's the reason he is back because there was not any interest last year, the year before, or the present. Don't think the scouts or coaches have missed him do you?

Only listed on hockeysfuture.com as one of the top 10 undrafted college players. I guess his stock isn't as bad as you suggest:

Hockey's Future Link

Why do people assume people from UND are dumb? I've always thought UND offers an above average education. RPI is based primarily of engineers. We have an engineering school, not on the level of RPI but we have one. Just the same as RPI doesn't have a medical or aviation school on par with UND. Its all relative.

I beg to disagree that UND School of Engineering and Mines doesn't measure up with any other engineering school. I am a BSME graduate from UND 1996 and am damned proud of it! A couple of profs weren't my favorites but overall an excellent engineering school.

Only listed on hockeysfuture.com as one of the top 10 undrafted college players. I guess his stock isn't as bad as you suggest:

Hockey's Future Link

Thats a solid list too. Already two players from that list have been signed. Genoway could have easily got to the European leagues last year. Not every Senior leader on a top program is going make it in the NHL/AHL, but I'm sure he'll have a productive career in Europe.