SiouxSports.com Forum

La Tech at UND

star2city

They won against a WAC team. Give them credit. Its a win. Sad that this is the only comment you can make. Great great win. Go Sioux

The last 5 minutes of the game they completely got away from their offense, started playing very sloppy and were playing out of control. The game was looking very similar to the Utah Valley game. To me, that was an ugly finish.

I have been more than supportive of this team and I can appreciate that this was a good win for the team. That first half come back to tie it going into halftime was very exciting to watch. I loved seeing Faison pumping his fist on the sideline as the half finished. But I am also not coach Jones' wife and can look at this team objectively enough to see that wasn't a good last 5 minutes of the game.

Sad that you get mad at anyone who doesn't have a man crush on Jones or the players.

The last 5 minutes of the game they completely got away from their offense, started playing very sloppy and were playing out of control. The game was looking very similar to the Utah Valley game. To me, that was an ugly finish.

I have been more than supportive of this team and I can appreciate that this was a good win for the team. That first half come back to tie it going into halftime was very exciting to watch. I loved seeing Faison pumping his fist on the sideline as the half finished. But I am also not coach Jones' wife and can look at this team objectively enough to see that wasn't a good last 5 minutes of the game.

Sad that you get mad at anyone who doesn't have a man crush on Jones or the players.

Coach Jones wife, thats funny. Just because I have supported this team and coach for the last several years i am his wife. If it were up to most of you we would have started over before last year and may not have had any of these freshman. It got out of control when Huff started thinking he was the team again. Glad Jones pulled him again when he tried another circus shot. Go Sioux

Coach Jones wife, thats funny. Just because I have supported this team and coach for the last several years i am his wife. If it were up to most of you we would have started over before last year and may not have had any of these freshman. It got out of control when Huff started thinking he was the team again. Glad Jones pulled him again when he tried another circus shot. Go Sioux

Seriously? Often times Dan is the only person posting updates on the basketball team. Your gonna call him out for speaking the truth? I like this win as well as anyone and I am very pleased with the strides that this team has made this season. But the fact of the matter is there is still room for improvement. Its the theme of this team to not close out games very well. How is stating that somehow a putdown of the team? Anybody (except you, apparently) is aware of this. It isn't breaking news.

And who took a piss in everyones cheerios this week? Cripes there are alot of irrational fans posting this week....

The Sioux did take care of one thing that they hadn't done in some games this year and that is hit free throws. The Sioux were 36 of 46 for 78%.

Still work to do, but love the fact that they came away with a win rather than the loss we saw against UVU.

Free throws are a mystery. They are either really good or really bad. Last night they won the game because they were really good. In the last month they are finding ways to win alot of games instead of finding ways to loose them like earlier in the year. This Tech team was a big physical team with alot of speed we beat last night and hopefully we take this good night of free throw shooting and carry it forward against UVU. We do owe them one. Go Sioux

I think the 3 pointer to tie the game at halftime was the turnaround point of the game. It gave them confidence and they made big time free throws too. Great win Sioux and next season will be a better year as these kids mature...2012 is coming and most of these kids will be Juniors and this might be UND's plan all along start very young, and hope by the time they mature it will be time to make a playoff run. GO SIOUX!!

Seriously? Often times Dan is the only person posting updates on the basketball team. Your gonna call him out for speaking the truth? I like this win as well as anyone and I am very pleased with the strides that this team has made this season. But the fact of the matter is there is still room for improvement. Its the theme of this team to not close out games very well. How is stating that somehow a putdown of the team? Anybody (except you, apparently) is aware of this. It isn't breaking news.

And who took a piss in everyones cheerios this week? Cripes there are alot of irrational fans posting this week....

Both Dan and Sioux2013 are excellent supporters of the Sioux BB team. I think Sioux2013's comment was perhaps more of a knee-jerk response to the general negativity that sometimes pervades this thread, even after a good win, than it was to Dan's comment. Speaking for myself, the negativity, especially when things aren't going the way that we'd all like, DOES get old.

It would have been interesting to have had a return match with the Bison this month on our home court.

We seem to be almost a totally different team then we were back when we played the Bison. Next years game against the Bison will still be tough to win but it might be a little closer than most people think.

In many respects, if the Bison had guards like Webb, Schuler, and Anderson, they would be more successful, as their guard play is lacking. NDSU's strength seems geared toward physical play in the middle, which UND couldn't handle until Brekke came into the picture. Although La Tech neutralized Brekke's scoring and rebounding, the reverse was also true - as La Tech's inside game was not dominant.

For what it's worth, La. Tech had a better RPI than NDSU coming into last night's game.

Obviously it's extremely premature to do much speculating about a game next year, but from what we know right now, UND should be returning its top seven players, plus get Wilmer back. NDSU will be losing its leading scorer in Tveidt, plus Coleman who is their fourth-leading scorer. Unless UND suffers some unexpected early departures from any of the top seven players, I think UND will have a very good chance of winning that matchup next season. But again, a lot can change between now and 2011-12, and there's no way of knowing how newcomers for either team may impact things.