SiouxSports.com Forum

UND sophomore forward Danny Kristo is out indefinitely after sustainin

Siouxfull

Dr. Philip Sondreal:"If it's really a terrible form of frost bite, they often go to another center where they treat burns. Some of these people of course are at risk for hypothermia to where your core temperature goes down and when that happens generally the body's blood vessels constrict a bit too in the hands and feet which puts you even more at risk for frost bite in your extremities."

That would explain going to another facitlity that actually is able to handle burns/frostbite.

Just had a few drinks at an estabishment and heard from a really good source some information about Danny but if you guys want me to post it I will but most will think that its jsut the rumor coming from someones mouse but im 99.9% sure this is the truth.

Also Happy 40th BDay to Dane Jackson. Saw all the hockey coaches/admin at the establishment celebrating his 40th. Yes i did get the info from this establishment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just had a few drinks at an estabishment and heard from a really good source some information about Danny but if you guys want me to post it I will but most will think that its jsut the rumor coming from someones mouse but im 99.9% sure this is the truth.

Also Happy 40th BDay to Dane Jackson. Saw all the hockey coaches/admin at the establishment celebrating his 40th. Yes i did get the info from this establishment.

What you got?

According to WEBMD here is what is likely going on:

At the hospital, frostbite is usually treated comprehensively because its severity cannot be diagnosed in the first few days. Usually, patients need to be admitted for observation. Initially, the hospital staff will probably do the following:

Rapidly warm the affected area in water for 15 to 30 minutes.

Remove blisters that contain clear or milky fluid, and cover them with a topical antibiotic, petroleum jelly, or aloe vera gel. (Blisters that contain blood may not be removed.)

Splint and elevate the affected area and wrap it in a loose bandage.

Administer ibuprofen to limit inflammation, tetanus toxoid to prevent tetanus infection, and antibiotics to prevent or treat infection. Narcotic drugs may be needed to treat pain as the sensation to area returns.

Later hospital treatment may include whirlpool therapy and physical therapy to promote circulation. Surgery, including amputation of the affected area, is sometimes necessary. Amputation is performed only if the tissues are dead. This determination is typically made between three and six weeks after the injury.

WebMD Medical Reference

PM me also I would like the info.

Thanks

That makes sense, to a degree. However, if it wasn't incredibly serious, there's not much reason to wanting to be near home and around your family either.

He was probably transferred to Regions in St Paul because it is the recognized "premier" hospital in the upper midwest for treatment of "burns" which I suspect would be similar in overall treatment for frostbite due to the damage to skin and surface tissues.

I don't understand what is going on with the Sioux in the past few years. It seems like some sort of a pattern. Joe Finley, Matt Frattin, Robbie Bina, TJ Oshie, now Kristo. I am as big of a Sioux fan as the rest of you, but doesn't the coaching staff need to start buckling down on these guys a bit?

Either way, please pm me if you have heard what actually happened.

Even if Kristo never gets to play hockey again, lets hope he gets better.

I don't understand what is going on with the Sioux in the past few years. It seems like some sort of a pattern. Joe Finley, Matt Frattin, Robbie Bina, TJ Oshie, now Kristo. I am as big of a Sioux fan as the rest of you, but doesn't the coaching staff need to start buckling down on these guys a bit?

Does your professor tell you at the end of class not to go out and drink or you'll receive a failing grade? Does you employer say do not go out and drink or you will be fired? I'm guessing the answers to both those questions is a resounding NO. They are athletic coaches, not babysitters. They can and I'm sure they do instruct their athletes to be cautious. Kristo is also an adult, and as an adult he knows that the legal drinking age is 21, not just here but all over the country. Many people under the age of 21 consume alcohol, sometimes in excess sometimes not. I know I am guilty of it. Sometime people do stupid things when they are intoxicated again I'll be the first to admit I am guilty of that as well. Also there is no report CONFIRMING alcohol was involved. Even without alcohol those temperatures no matter what you are wearing can bring a person's core body temperature down to low levels, and that is what results in frostbite. Sure our athletes are in the public eye, and are scrutinized for wrongdoings, but why....many of us are guilty of the same wrongdoings. They have a lot on their plate should they not be allow to "release some steam" al beit it should be done carefully.

However prayers for Kristo on a speedy recovery, and also to Genoway.

We have some very big skates to fill, but I'm certain our talent is up to the task, if it comes to it.

Yeah, he was cleared of the whole opening a police car door when he was trying to talk to some of the players or something like that. Can't remember who the two players were.

I graduated from high school the same year as Bina (2001), and met a guy at UND that graduated from Sacred Heart in east grand that knows Bina pretty well. Boy did he have some good Bina stories. :lol:

Yeah, he was cleared of the whole opening a police car door when he was trying to talk to some of the players or something like that. Can't remember who the two players were.

I graduated from high school the same year as Bina (2001), and met a guy at UND that graduated from Sacred Heart in east grand that knows Bina pretty well. Boy did he have some good Bina stories. :lol:

it was toews and and oshie who were with him....

First we get this.....

Let's see......

- had a "few" drinks at an establishment

- heard from a very reliable source (while having a "few" drinks) at this establishment

- 99.9% sure that what he heard over a "few" drinks is the truth

The we get this.....

Just want to make sure and tell everyone that it may or may not be the whole story. Just what ive heard in a bar over a few drinks. Im going to be gone till tomorrow nite so wont get to any more PMs for a while. Later.

Now this is where it gets a little confusing for me when he comes back on his next post and says.......

- this may or may not be the whole story (he's 99.9% sure it's the truth, but it may not be the whole story)

- just what he heard over a "few" drinks

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I believe we can pretty much run with this impeccable source. :silly:

• Upvote 1

Altru does not have a "frostbite center", and Regions doesn't have a true frostbite unit either...Regions is a level 1 Trauma Center and they have the regions best burn unit...burn trauma and severe frostbite trauma apparently are very similar in treatment for preserving tissue...By the way, I am with you 100% against the speculators and rumor mongers.

As someone who recently had someone very close to me in the unit for burns for 3 weeks, I know if danny is in that Unit he is in great hands. Best of luck and wishes, Danny.

We didn't have a car with 3 hockey players (fresh/Soph BC or BU can't rememberbut samuleson was one) in it with open containers plow into a boston transit train. Things happen.

It's not boys will be boys it is just that with inofrmation out there more and more it gets out easier. 20 years ago there wasn't fan forums, face book, and Alabama didn't have a web feed with leggy girls grabbing each commit off the fax machine on signing day. It gets out where it never would have before.