SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

The Sioux head to Colorado Springs after two home splits. The Sioux sit tied for 3rd in pariwise (on pace for a 1 seed), tied 2nd in wcha (with umd, 1 point behind the gwozettes) and have the most wins in the nation with 18. Sure the Sioux have had some let downs the last few weeks but with a month left of wcha play they still sit in one hell of a spot to get a 1 seed and win another WCHA title. Things could be worse...

The one thing that stood out this weekend to me was the short handed goals and how they happened. The D needs to sure up a bit, especially with a lead but all in all there aren't many teams as talented than the sioux.

#8 in st paul!!

WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 18-7-2 (.704)

Conference Record, WCHA: 13-5-0, 26 points

Home: 9-4-1 / Away: 8-3-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

cc.gif - Tigers Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 14-11-1 (.558)

Conference Record, WCHA: 8-8-0, 16 points

Home: 6-5-1 / Away: 6-5-0 / Neutral: 2-1-0

The Sioux head to Colorado Springs after two home splits. The Sioux sit tied for 3rd in pariwise (on pace for a 1 seed), tied 2nd in wcha (with umd, 1 point behind the gwozettes) and have the most wins in the nation with 18. Sure the Sioux have had some let downs the last few weeks but with a month left of wcha play they still sit in one hell of a spot to get a 1 seed and win another WCHA title. Things could be worse...

The one thing that stood out this weekend to me was the short handed goals and how they happened. The D needs to sure up a bit, especially with a lead but all in all there aren't many teams as talented than the sioux.

#8 in st paul!!

WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 18-7-2 (.704)

Conference Record, WCHA: 13-5-0, 26 points

Home: 9-4-1 / Away: 8-3-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

cc.gif - Tigers Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 14-11-1 (.558)

Conference Record, WCHA: 8-8-0, 16 points

Home: 6-5-1 / Away: 6-5-0 / Neutral: 2-1-0

'Perfect time for a road trip. Brings the team together as they get their first WCHA series win in a while.

Looking forward to seeing the sioux in person here in teh springs. I hope we can have a repeat of last years games.

I will be in the corner to dells left where the sioux tunnel is...

Go-Sioux... Go-pack-Go...

On a side note, I was at Fridays Whooping of UAH... the CC fans all were fired up when they saw my son and I in our UND jerseys... rumor has it theres only a few hundreed tickets for each night. But I did see that there are a few lower bowl tickets on-line still...

Esox

In past years, I've watched the CC broadcast, but I'm not sure I can stand to watch the floating tigers between whistles. Two years ago, I went through the whole nine yards of cancer treatment--surgery, chemo, and radiation, but that was nothing compared to the floating tiger heads.

In past years, I've watched the CC broadcast, but I'm not sure I can stand to watch the floating tigers between whistles. Two years ago, I went through the whole nine yards of cancer treatment--surgery, chemo, and radiation, but that was nothing compared to the floating tiger heads.

So you're a floating tiger head survivor. I'm proud of you.

That's 8 pm MT time...is that right? If so, why the late start?

Probably to accommodate the CBS college sports schedule...I think they're the second game of a double-header Friday night.

Miami @ Notre Dame is on @ 6:30 CST.

Edited by Snake

That's 8 pm MT time...is that right? If so, why the late start?

Probably to accommodate the CBS college sports schedule...I think they're the second game of a double-header Friday night.

Miami @ Notre Dame is on @ 6:30 CST.

yep. They did the same thing a few weeks ago with Air Force...early game at 6:30 and Air Force at 9

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Outside of the Maine series the road has been a kind place for the sioux. After being at home for a month this is a good test for a team that faced a bit of adversity the past two home series. For whatever reason the sioux seem to pull off some big wins at CC, like last year's game with the Frattin OT winner, and the year before when CC was ranked #1 in the nation and the sioux came in and knocked them off.

This CC team is hurting without Schwarz, and the Sioux should be able to roll four lines all weekend.

Will be in St. Louis this weekend...was hoping to see Oshie and the Blues but they are on the road as well. Will find some place to watch Friday's UND/CC game there.

Early prediction for Friday...6-0 UND with Hexy and Genoway getting hat tricks!

Will be in St. Louis this weekend...was hoping to see Oshie and the Blues but they are on the road as well. Will find some place to watch Friday's UND/CC game there.

Early prediction for Friday...6-0 UND with Hexy and Genoway getting hat tricks!

Wow...Genoway ramping up his "O" for a hatty while the team posts a shutout? The two are mutually exclusive according to the commentary here the past couple of days!!! ;)

as far as points go this a huge series beings duluth and denver are both off and we are off next week. I think for us to have a share of first place after next weekend we need a minnimum of three points this weekend. on a side note I know it is still early but as of right now we hold the tie breaker over both duluth and denver even though we split we have more conference wins than both.

There will be a ton of Sioux fans at this game, there always is. I am bringing 9 from Northern Colorado sitting in 115 in the Sioux attack zone twice.

We are staying at the Double Tree right by the arena. We halso have some buddies from Grand Forks staying here to. There is not much in the way of bars around the arena other than a Chili's. Anybody know of a pre-party anywhere, would love to party with some new Sioux Fans. The 8pm MT start will be nice and give us some time to blow the frost off of a few wobbly pops! before the game.

Nothing like a Colorado Sioux fan being able to see the Sioux play every weekend in January and in person for two series.

Go Sioux

There will be a ton of Sioux fans at this game, there always is. I am bringing 9 from Northern Colorado sitting in 115 in the Sioux attack zone twice.

We are staying at the Double Tree right by the arena. We halso have some buddies from Grand Forks staying here to. There is not much in the way of bars around the arena other than a Chili's. Anybody know of a pre-party anywhere, would love to party with some new Sioux Fans. The 8pm MT start will be nice and give us some time to blow the frost off of a few wobbly pops! before the game.

Nothing like a Colorado Sioux fan being able to see the Sioux play every weekend in January and in person for two series.

Go Sioux

I agree- although it was a bummer that Saturdays game blocked here. There is an organized party on Sat. Some times these are kind of lame tho. Thanks for the tip on the Double Tree.

Saturday, January 29

Pre-Game Party Only: $7.00

Arena Bar of the Colorado Springs World Arena

3185 Venetucci Blvd.

Light Appetizers | Cash Bar | Door Prizes

Park in Lot B and enter through the Club Entrance to the Left of Gate A. You will need to have your ticket in hand and each guest will receive a wristband to enter the World Arena.