Who Get's the Nod Sat.

Hrkac_Circus

Who starts in Net Sat.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts in Net Sat.

• Parise
    • Brandt
    • Ziggy

Brandt needs to start again tonite, he is the man this year. He has been impressive and has improved a lot. In a series like this we need to go with our best goalie. If we get up by a couple of goals in the third, then JParise can see some ice time, but we need the big guy in there tonite. Starting a freshman in a game like this is very risky, just ask Briggs from MN. When we play teams like MT and AA, then we can start someone else, but Brandt is the best man for the job tonite, at least that is my opinion...

I think a lot of you are looking at it the wrong way. I think many people have the same mentality as they did last year, so they think that Blais doesn't trust Brandt, but I don't think that is the case at all. Obviously, Blais sees something very special in JPar as well as Brandt.

Personally, I would prefer a two-goalie system (ala MN Wild) so that way if one doesn't play well, we have the other guy right there, who has a lot of exp in net this year. If Brandt has a bad game, I don't want Blais to have to rely on a goalie who has only played a couple NC games early on. Brandt has played outstanding, JPar has the ability to be as good as Brandt is now and Blais sees that. Just because you don't agree with Brandt not starting every game, doesn't mean that Blais is making a wrong decision.

I thought Brandt played brilliant last night, but I think a big part of his performance was that the Defnese didn't give up a lot of good shots. Brandt is definately playing with authority now, and I like it. I would like to see Brandt take over the job but I think Jpar could be a diamond in the rough, he's got all the tools to become a great goaltender, and I think Blais sees that. If Blais thinks Jpar is ready for the gophers, then so do I.

Who starts for minny? Not that it matters, we'll score anyways.

Brandt made some excellent saves. We also had the bounces last night. Where last year pucks around the net found the net, last night they'd roll around for a while and finally be cleared.

I think it is awful risky to start a freshman in this game, you do not want to give the goofs confidence with a bad goal or two. Brandt played pretty well last night and I feel deserves to play again tonight. This is an awfully important game as we can really bury those goofs.

I'd love to see a two-goalie system (like the Wild) too, but you might be forgetting that when Manny or Roli were hot Lemaire kept them in. You reward good starts with more starts. I want Parise and Ziggy to get more starts too, but not against the Golden Chokers. Brandt should get the start, but Parise will probably get it.

Blais needs a goalie coach or something

I'd actually agree with this. Goalies are generally different from regular players who need specific advice on how to improve their game. While Blais is an excellent coach he may not fully understand how to handle goalies.

Besides goalie, coaches are becoming more common at the pro-level so eventually it will trickle down to the college level, why not be one of the first?

As long as Blais's strategy keeps working and we keep getting wins, I won't complain too much.

I thought Brandt deserved a second game based on his performance. Brandt made all the save he had to make to win the game. Second UND is playing a colasping defense and really tighting this season. I was impressed with the D-man getting back to help and taking away opportunities so the puck could not be shot a second and third time.

TH said in last night's pre-game that, in his (TH's) mind, there is no doubt that DB considers Jake to be his #1 tender. He also said that had the good guys lost on Friday, despite Jake playing well, Jake probably would gotten the start on Saturday too. But with the win on Friday, TH thought that it gave DB the luxury of seeing what JP could do in a high pressure game. He further said that he thinks DB sees something in JP he really likes, but if he failed to step up for last night's game, he likely would not start again soon. Looks like DB's strategy worked, as the Sioux may now have two tenders playing with confidence. I was also glad to see Jake as one of the first to skate on the ice after the game with a HUGE smile on his face, congratulating JP on his play and the victory.

TH said in last night's pre-game that, in his (TH's) mind, there is no doubt that DB considers Jake to be his #1 tender. He also said that had the good guys lost on Friday, despite Jake playing well, Jake probably would gotten the start on Saturday too. But with the win on Friday, TH thought that it gave DB the luxury of seeing what JP could do in a high pressure game. He further said that he thinks DB sees something in JP he really likes, but if he failed to step up for last night's game, he likely would not start again soon. Looks like DB's strategy worked, as the Sioux may now have two tenders playing with confidence. I was also glad to see Jake as one of the first to skate on the ice after the game with a HUGE smile on his face, congratulating JP on his play and the victory.

Am I the only one that thought JP didn't play well last night and showed that he is still not ready? St. Cloud is the #1 team right now, and I want Brandt in during both games.

JP did way to much wandering. Also, let the dman have the iced puck on the PP, start the rush behind the net. Too many long pass giveaways by JP helped stall the PP.

Also, how did that bad angle goal go in; couldn't pick up the puck on the replay? JP looked to be in perfect position. PCM's article said it snuck in between the pad and the pipe, Minnie article said it deflected off JP skate?