SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Post Season

Matt

Don't kid yourself the Bison wore down a team with 28 scholarships today and won in the fourth quarter. Montana State plays with the full 63 so they'll probably win by three plus scores. Today's outcomes just proved how !@#!$ the MVFC was this season. The three MVFC schools basically got set up with three byes and still only managed to advance only two schools. It will be nice watching MSU kick Bison ass next week.

Man, oh, man. Your hatred for everything NDSU is clouding your judgement. I certainly think MSU has the edge, but this is a young, hungry Bison team. If Jensen plays well, all bets are off on the outcome.

I admit that I can't figure out what happened to UNI, but figured WIU would win. (They are darn good.)

Man, oh, man. Your hatred for everything NDSU is clouding your judgement. I certainly think MSU has the edge, but this is a young, hungry Bison team. If Jensen plays well, all bets are off on the outcome.

I admit that I can't figure out what happened to UNI, but figured WIU would win. (They are darn good.)

If Jensen plays well? Are you putting tonight's performance in that category? He was under 50% completions today, missed numerous flat out wide open receivers, and the best part of his game was two 3 yard screen passes that McNorton took for 110 yards between the two plays. At a minimum Jensen will have to be a lot better than not only what he showed tonight, but better than he has showed the whole season. For that matter, the whole team will have to play better than they have played the entire year to win at MSU. So, as far as all bets being off if he plays well...as long as we are using wagering parlance...I would say that is such a long shot that all bets are most definitely on.

Lol. There will be 17K minimum, YOu are truly delusional to think a playoff game will get 12K. lol. A lot of fair weather fans will show

Does this make you delusional? Or just simple minded since there was 12k at the Fargodome tonight?

The attendance has got to be one of the greatest disappointments in NDSU football history.

• Upvote 1

If Jensen plays well? Are you putting tonight's performance in that category? He was under 50% completions today, missed numerous flat out wide open receivers, and the best part of his game was two 3 yard screen passes that McNorton took for 110 yards between the two plays. At a minimum Jensen will have to be a lot better than not only what he showed tonight, but better than he has showed the whole season. For that matter, the whole team will have to play better than they have played the entire year to win at MSU. So, as far as all bets being off if he plays well...as long as we are using wagering parlance...I would say that is such a long shot that all bets are most definitely on.

Wow, and some think the hatred is dead........Jensen was great in the second half. I promise not to post again until either NDSU or UND beats MSU. Which will happen first?

Does this make you delusional? Or just simple minded since there was 12k at the Fargodome tonight?

The attendance has got to be one of the greatest disappointments in NDSU football history.

i will eat my crow. ndsu did draw the most today on which is traditionally a bad day attendance wise for fcs playoffs. thanksgiving weekend hurts a lot

Wow, and some think the hatred is dead........Jensen was great in the second half. I promise not to post again until either NDSU or UND beats MSU. Which will happen first?

Speak in emotional terms if you like, I prefer to evaluate performances in the same manner the coaches do. When Jensen comes out of film on Monday he won't like his grade.

You say he was great in the second half? Well, 30min won't cut it in Bozeman. I stand by my post.

Just over 12K for your 1st ever playoff game in the Dome and 1st playoff game in almost 20 yrs?!?!? "Bison Strong" :lol::huh:

I don't want to hear ever again from any SU hack on this site about FB attendance, Bison FB being the biggest followed sport's team in ND, ect... Especially after, on the same night, UND hockey draw 11K for a non-conference game.

Good win for SU FB though...should be a deent game heading out to play the 'Cats. Insider info and opinions from Missoula and Griz country say that this 'Cats team is their best since the '84 NC team...for whatever that's worth. If it's on TV, I'll take the time to watch it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just over 12K for your 1st ever playoff game in the Dome and 1st playoff game in almost 20 yrs?!?!? "Bison Strong" :lol::huh:

I don't want to hear ever again from any SU hack on this site about FB attendance, Bison FB being the biggest followed sport's team in ND, ect... Especially after, on the same night, UND hockey draw 11K for a non-conference game.

Good win for SU FB though...should be a deent game heading out to play the 'Cats. Insider info and opinions from Missoula and Griz country say that this 'Cats team is their best since the '84 NC team...for whatever that's worth. If it's on TV, I'll take the time to watch it.

I would suspect that Altitude will pick this one up....If you have Directv you could probably get it. I have seen a few Montana State games on TV this year and the MSU QB is nothing short of stunning.

11,742 in a non-conference sell-out for the Sioux vs. 12,200 for the first playoff game in the existence of F'dome.

Must be due to the weather in ND. Or Thanksgiving. Or the students weren't there. Wait a minute all of those pertain to UND and even still SELL OUT. ;):D

11,742 in a non-conference sell-out for the Sioux vs. 12,200 for the first playoff game in the existence of F'dome.

Must be due to the weather in ND. Or Thanksgiving. Or the students weren't there. Wait a minute all of those pertain to UND and even still SELL OUT. ;):D

In the third largest city in the state vs the first. Don't think the attendance for those events on the same night isn't an eye opener for the NDSU athletic department...and although none will acknowledge it, bruised ego for fans.

Over the years we have taken a lot of smack about attendance figures. After this weekend I think NDSU fans might have to put that to rest. Who would of thought that a non conference hockey game in Grand Forks would almost outdraw a first ever Bison playoff at the Fargodome on the same night. If a person wan't to go there, there could be a lot of crow handed out. Way to funny. The students were given free tickets to the game too at NDSU or the stand would of been even more vacant. 7000 empty seats at the Fargodome. Wow.

I think 12K is pretty good. NDSU doubles the average playoff attendance of UND, which is THE FLAGSHIP university in North Dakota, has twice as many fans(or more) than NDSU, has a monopoly on fans all over the state and region, and has pretty much rendered NDSU irrelevant outside Cass County.

By the way, I think athletically NDSU will be fine, but academically, I'm a little worried about being on the same field as a team from the Ivy League of the West. I just don't know if NDSU is a peer institution. ;)

Please help me understand UND's scheduling . . . with about 25 team in the Big Sky football league, and with no scheduling scenario yet outlined, how is it that UND can commit to playing NDSU at all? How can Faison commit to anything at this point? Yet the fans are clamoring for a game with NDSU, why? Shouldn't you wait to see how your conference schedule works out? Will it be 8,9,10 conf games? You know the western schools need as much help as they can get with scheduling . . . so it will likely be more than 8 conference games. How will UND have any room at all to do an annual game with NDSU, and why would you even want to with the potential of 9 conference games and 1 FBS game? Has anyone shooting their mouth off against NDSU's AD even thought about this for a moment? You'd be better off setting up an annual game with Valpo (to get DI wins) than with NDSU.

I think 12K is pretty good. NDSU doubles the average playoff attendance of UND, which is THE FLAGSHIP university in North Dakota, has twice as many fans(or more) than NDSU, has a monopoly on fans all over the state and region, and has pretty much rendered NDSU irrelevant outside Cass County.

By the way, I think athletically NDSU will be fine, but academically, I'm a little worried about being on the same field as a team from the Ivy League of the West. I just don't know if NDSU is a peer institution. ;)

Fargo MSA population estimate 2009: 200,102

Grand Forks MSA population estimate 2009: 97,190

Might that help explain attendance figures? 12,000 doesn't look so good because NDSU fans keep talking about how they were going to sell out.

Please help me understand UND's scheduling . . . with about 25 team in the Big Sky football league, and with no scheduling scenario yet outlined, how is it that UND can commit to playing NDSU at all? How can Faison commit to anything at this point? Yet the fans are clamoring for a game with NDSU, why? Shouldn't you wait to see how your conference schedule works out? Will it be 8,9,10 conf games? You know the western schools need as much help as they can get with scheduling . . . so it will likely be more than 8 conference games. How will UND have any room at all to do an annual game with NDSU, and why would you even want to with the potential of 9 conference games and 1 FBS game? Has anyone shooting their mouth off against NDSU's AD even thought about this for a moment?

Everyone is pretty sure that it won't involve 10 conference games. Montana wants 8, Montana tends to get what it wants. An even number is better than an odd since it gives everyone an equal number of home and away games. So most people figure that it will be 8 conference games, and if some of the teams are having trouble filling their schedule there is a chance that they might play another game against a Big Sky team that won't be counted as a conference game.

FCS attendance yesterday

UNI - 5990

WIU - 4556

Ga Southern - 10214

NDSU - 12202

The first round playoff games are usually pretty poorly attended due to it falling on a holiday weekend. Here is a look at last years first round attendance compared to the average attendance in 2009 for the host schools (and percent of average).

Montana #24,417 #19,197 79%

Villanova #7,111 #4,319 61%

Southern Illinois #8,882 #6,391 72%

Richmond #9,413 #6,143 65%

Appachalian St #24,004 #12,216 51%

William & Mary #9,641 #6,497 67%

McNeese State #12,948 #10,009 77%

Stephen F Austin #11,111 #8,224 74%

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=435497&postcount=51

And MSU isn't? A team better be hungry in the playoffs. How about this: I would expect MSU to be "hungrier" after a bye week. Now you can counter that you think they will be rustier and we can have a legit conversation.

FCS attendance yesterday

UNI - 5990

WIU - 4556

Ga Southern - 10214

NDSU - 12202

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=435497&postcount=51

The same trends happen in Division II playoffs, yet NDSU fans discounted them and claimed it was just poor attendance at UND games. Those same NDSU fans said that it wouldn't happen at NDSU playoff games. Could it be that they were wrong?

The same trends happen in Division II playoffs, yet NDSU fans discounted them and claimed it was just poor attendance at UND games. Those same NDSU fans said that it wouldn't happen at NDSU playoff games. Could it be that they were wrong?

Probably something you'll never have to worry about ever again.... :lol: :lol:

Fargo MSA population estimate 2009: 200,102

Grand Forks MSA population estimate 2009: 97,190

Might that help explain attendance figures? 12,000 doesn't look so good because NDSU fans keep talking about how they were going to sell out.

But we have been told that UND owns the State of ND outside of Cass County and it is nothing for someone to travel 4 to 6 hours for a football game, so UND actually has most of the 640,000 population base to draw from compared to the 200,000 in the Fargo Metro area. Now explain the the attendance differences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The bottom line is Fargo has had 18 years to prepare for this game. They have ridiculed every one else and predicted that when they finally would get a playoff game people would tear down the doors to get to the Fargodome.. They said the excitement would be unmatched. Their own ticket manager was on TV this week saying he had never seen anything like it because the demand for tickets was at a fever pitch.(apparently not). He gave the impression that the lines for tickets were all the way to Jamestown. You can make all the excuses you want but considering the anticipation there was in Fargo for finally being able to host a playoff game it fell flat. It is funny about that saying about how it comes around. NDSU has a tendency to manufacture excitement and sell it to the public as if it was there.

But we have been told that UND owns the State of ND outside of Cass County and it is nothing for someone to travel 4 to 6 hours for a football game, so UND actually has most of the 640,000 population base to draw from compared to the 200,000 in the Fargo Metro area. Now explain the the attendance differences.

I believe that it has been said that it is nothing for someone to travel 4 to 6 hours for a Hockey game, and that we should be able to accomplish the same thing with football when the product is right. Division II obviously wasn't that right product, and so far UND hasn't put that product on the field during the transition. The trend of having 50-70% of regular season attendance show up for a first round playoff game is still the same.