SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Montana - Game Day!

jimdahl

I think UND might have won this game if it had even an average quarterback.

UND's running game was really going well until Montana figured out that there was no passing threat whatsoever. If UND had a quarterback that could have kept the Montana defense honest, they might have had a chance.

I don't think I can ever remember a UND quarterback situation as dire as it is this year. There is literally no chance UND can complete a pass more than three yards down the field.

This is an honest question... have we completed a single pass today? There have been some horrible throws and there have been some throws that were right in the hands and dropped. But have we completed a single pass?

And why are we punting it when we are down by 2 scores, inside their territory and there is only 4:30 left to play? GO FOR IT! Even if we don't get the first they still have over half the field to go.

This is an honest question... have we completed a single pass today? There have been some horrible throws and there have been some throws that were right in the hands and dropped. But have we completed a single pass?

And why are we punting it when we are down by 2 scores, inside their territory and there is only 4:30 left to play? GO FOR IT! Even if we don't get the first they still have over half the field to go.

I remember one swing pass that went for about 3 yards.

As of 3:49 remaining...

Brent Goska		3/7	27	3.9	0	0
Marcus Hendrickson 3/18 16 0.9 0 0[/code]

Mussman should be fired after this game. That's inexcusable. He's not even playing to win.

Darn. Sounds like the d showed up but the offense missed the bus. That is to bad

The offense missed the bus on the first trip to Idaho and has not been seen since. It is amazing how well this team has done this year with no QB's and no WR's. Muss better hit the recruiting trail unless he has some of these positions on the Redshirt list.

Mussman should be fired after this game. That's inexcusable. He's not even playing to win.

I tend not to be so reactionary.... but in this case, I am tending to agree. President Kelley is there in Missoula. If I were him, I would pull a Jerry Jones-Wade Phillips move and have Mussman fly home on the UND jet and basically tell him he's gone.

Well looks like we're giving up. If Mussman ever wonders why this team is a bunch of losers he needs to take a look in the mirror because he just gave up with that punt.

He talks about not being into moral victories, but his actions speak otherwise. What do you have to lose? You're on Montana's side of the field, yet you don't go for it on 4th down.

He talks about not being into moral victories, but his actions speak otherwise. What do you have to lose? You're on Montana's side of the field, yet you don't go for it on 4th down.

I'm sick and tired of this moral victory garbage. If you're happy with a close loss then you're a loser and you should find somewhere else to coach or play.

Mussman describes the offense as a "struggle"...puts part of the blame on only having four receivers...makes a comment about Big Sky officiating.

Lame.

Enjoy your next week as the head coach of the University of North Dakota football team. It may be your last...

Mussman describes the offense as a "struggle"...puts part of the blame on only having four receivers...makes a comment about Big Sky officiating.

Lame.

Enjoy your next week as the head coach of the University of North Dakota football team. It may be your last...

Hardin had passes go in and out of his hands but blame on only 4 receivers...how many do you need?

Maybe former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach will want to re-enter coaching at the FCS level. Wonder what kinds of budget UND could muster for a quality established head coach instead of promoting from within or going with an up-and-coming OC or DC from another school. We figured out a way to make Dean Blais happy for a while a few years ago, can't we do it in football, too? Just pondering.