SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Montana - Game Day!

jimdahl

I agree w/ not being into moral victories, but we didn't hang w/ the Griz. They had way more passing yards, RB Reynolds ran crazy on us, they were penalized for 60 more yds. than we were penalized. We only lost by 10 because we concentrated on winding the clock on every play we had the ball the entire game. I don't know whether to be upset that the coaching staffs game plan was to not get blown out vs. winning OR be happy with a staff that recognizes we couldn't play w/ the weakest team UM has had in four years.

First post, huh? Thanks for trolling.

• Downvote 1

Agree Jose is tbe backup - when Jenson is back things will change. How about the Defense? We put the hurt on SDSU so we'll see what you do next week!!!!

I don't think it will interesting at all. With this QB combo we've got going, we're going to lose. Our defense would have to score twice to be in the game next weekend. SDSU QB is bad so we may get that done but don't see how we win in Brookings. Time to put stuff away, recruit for 2012 and prioritize the skill positions on this team. We have solid RB's and WR's but this QB thing has got to be improved.

I don't think it will interesting at all. With this QB combo we've got going, we're going to lose. Our defense would have to score twice to be in the game next weekend. SDSU QB is bad so we may get that done but don't see how we win in Brookings. Time to put stuff away, recruit for 2012 and prioritize the skill positions on this team. We have solid RB's and WR's but this QB thing has got to be improved.

That's what it took for the Bison to win at home.

UND has a solid running back group as long as they stay healthy and academically eligible. Only Harden has proven himself at wide receiver, while McGill has shown some good potential. A few others have had a couple of good catches but very little else. So I hope that 1 or 2 of the redshirts can be productive early. Both Goska and Hendrickson are more athletes than quarterbacks. Goska can run and seems to have some decent instincts, but isn't a good passer. Hendrickson can run and has a pretty strong arm, but so far doesn't seem to be able to figure out the passing game. If a couple of quarterbacks can be found, Hendrickson would be better suited for either receiver or running back. Both Demler and Comes had good success in high school, we need to hope that they can transfer that success to the FCS level. Since neither has had a chance to prove themselves at the college level, there is probably a good chance that we will see a Juco QB coming in this winter. It would also be nice if a tight end could step up and make some regular catches.

UND has a solid running back group as long as they stay healthy and academically eligible. Only Harden has proven himself at wide receiver, while McGill has shown some good potential. A few others have had a couple of good catches but very little else. So I hope that 1 or 2 of the redshirts can be productive early. Both Goska and Hendrickson are more athletes than quarterbacks. Goska can run and seems to have some decent instincts, but isn't a good passer. Hendrickson can run and has a pretty strong arm, but so far doesn't seem to be able to figure out the passing game. If a couple of quarterbacks can be found, Hendrickson would be better suited for either receiver or running back. Both Demler and Comes had good success in high school, we need to hope that they can transfer that success to the FCS level. Since neither has had a chance to prove themselves at the college level, there is probably a good chance that we will see a Juco QB coming in this winter. It would also be nice if a tight end could step up and make some regular catches.

If there were ever a year to let two freshman RS QBs try and prove themselves, I would think 2011 would be it.

If there were ever a year to let two freshman RS QBs try and prove themselves, I would think 2011 would be it.

It could very well happen. I think it depends on how they have looked in practice throughout the fall. Have they looked like they have a chance to compete? Have they made improvements throughout the fall? Are they learning the offense and do they look like they can transfer it to the field? Have they been lifting and are they getting stronger? Some people make progress faster than others. It's possible that one of them could step right in at the beginning of the season next year. And it's possible that they may need some more time to adjust. Only coaches that have watched them every day have a chance to make that decision.

You can say that about a college athlete but not the head coach of a D1 FB program.

Speaking of Mussman and the media, anyone know if he's related to K-102 morning man and Vikings pre/post-game host Mike Mussman? Was watching the Jared Allen Show this morning on FSN and they could definitely pass for brothers.

Speaking of Mussman and the media, anyone know if he's related to K-102 morning man and Vikings pre/post-game host Mike Mussman? Was watching the Jared Allen Show this morning on FSN and they could definitely pass for brothers.

That's because they are brothers. I have heard both of them refer to the other.