SiouxSports.com Forum

Should UND ever schedule USD again in Football (or any other sport for

dlsiouxfan

Thought I'd get people's thoughts on this. Personally I could care less if we ever play them again in anything. If the schools ever meet again I expect any meeting to take place in Grand Forks and not in that dumpy trailer park that goes by the name Vermillion.

Ever? Yes.

Sure why not? Heck - somebody should pull the Bowie Knife that is in Fullertons back and we can play for that - - I wonder what we should call it?

It is too bad that UND and USD are not going to be in the same conference because.. most conference tournments take place around March 15th - we could have celebrated the "Ides of March" with a game.

NOTE: darn it... the GW Tournment is March 10th through the 12th we could celebrate our last conference tournment with USD as the "Ides of March" tournment. Hey, I think I have a nickname for the Slummit Basketball Tournment in Sioux Falls - The "Ideas of March".

Ok - Maybe it is too soon to have fun with this?

Thought I'd get people's thoughts on this. Personally I could care less if we ever play them again in anything. If the schools ever meet again I expect any meeting to take place in Grand Forks and not in that dumpy trailer park that goes by the name Vermillion.

Chill out sport.

Lie down with dogs, or coyotes, and you get fleas.

As I recall, UW Badgers will host the Coyotes next fall in FB. I do not think the result will be similar to the win at Minnesota this year. I do not endorse never playing USD again, but I sure as heck would not go to them looking for a game. If they want to come to GF fine, but treat them like your ex wife, respectful and distant.

Now that SDSU has their true #1 rival back in USD are they still going to play for the marker with NDSU. I am guessing that NDSU will now have to come up with another true #1 rival. Let the speculation begin. I think it will either be Indiana State or Missouri State.

Now that SDSU has their true #1 rival back in USD are they still going to play for the marker with NDSU. I am guessing that NDSU will now have to come up with another true #1 rival. Let the speculation begin. I think it will either be Indiana State or Missouri State.

It will be Northern Iowa.

I hope we play again. I hope we contine to play every single year. I love the UND football game.

This is one Coyote fan who is not very happy we aren't going to the BSC.

You are a class act, Yote 53. I think you're seeing the big picture far clearer than many others in South Dakota right now.

Now that things have settled down a bit, and people are hopefully getting over the initial surprise over the abrupt change of events, I hope the UxD's continue to play each other. Let's not have a repeat of the UND-NDSU and USD-SDSU situations from 5-6 years ago.

Yeah, I am a bit of an outcast on goyotes.net.

I read a post from an MSU poster on AGS that I totally agree with. The real villain in all this is Patty V and the MVFC. They waited until there was some seperation between us to pounce. They could have offered months ago. They were more than happy to let both U's twist in the wind until the BSC came knocking in their backyard. If word ever leaked that Pres Abbott, the SDBOR, and AD Sayler had both BSC and MVFC offers sitting on their desks at the same time and they took the BSC they would have been committing career suicide. They would have been villified throughout the state for killing the rivalry forever with SDSU and with harming SDSU by leaving the Summit unstable. We have a facilities project in front of the BOR right now for a new basketball facility and upgrading the DakotaDome capacity to 15,000+. Those projects very well could have been killed from the political fallout that would have erupted if we went to the Big Sky.

I fell terrible for UND having to go it alone out west and wish we would have taken the BSC deal but it just didn't happen. I hope we keep our 100 year old traditions alive though. We can still make that happen, we can still have an annual South Dakota/North Dakota football game for state bragging rights and now a "who's better" conference bragging rights.

Don't become like the Minnesota gopher fans and once something doesn't go your way or you lose, the default reaction is to make fun of the town, the state, the people, the color of the grass... If USD can be the only difference between the Big Sky being a good decision or not, then maybe A.) The Big Sky isn't that great after all or B.) USD is that great. I tend to choose C.) None of the above. It might be a little less appealing, but if it was good to begin with, it is good now. So let's not be haters!

I read a post from an MSU poster on AGS that I totally agree with. The real villain in all this is Patty V and the MVFC. They waited until there was some seperation between us to pounce. They could have offered months ago. They were more than happy to let both U's twist in the wind until the BSC came knocking in their backyard. If word ever leaked that Pres Abbott, the SDBOR, and AD Sayler had both BSC and MVFC offers sitting on their desks at the same time and they took the BSC they would have been committing career suicide. They would have been villified throughout the state for killing the rivalry forever with SDSU and with harming SDSU by leaving the Summit unstable. We have a facilities project in front of the BOR right now for a new basketball facility and upgrading the DakotaDome capacity to 15,000+. Those projects very well could have been killed from the political fallout that would have erupted if we went to the Big Sky.

I fell terrible for UND having to go it alone out west and wish we would have taken the BSC deal but it just didn't happen. I hope we keep our 100 year old traditions alive though. We can still make that happen, we can still have an annual South Dakota/North Dakota football game for state bragging rights and now a "who's better" conference bragging rights.

That is what everyone needs to realize!! I was on the blame USD bandwagon until I read how she put together this deal. She is the real villain and USD was caught in the middle. I do hope our teams meet up in the near future.

I read a post from an MSU poster on AGS that I totally agree with. The real villain in all this is Patty V and the MVFC. They waited until there was some seperation between us to pounce. They could have offered months ago. They were more than happy to let both U's twist in the wind until the BSC came knocking in their backyard.

Agreed. The way Viverito went about this was a bit shady. It's clear they only wanted one more member at most. So why are the Stu Whitney's of the world acting like UND was the one that did something wrong here? That's what I find so baffling.

If word ever leaked that Pres Abbott, the SDBOR, and AD Sayler had both BSC and MVFC offers sitting on their desks at the same time and they took the BSC they would have been committing career suicide. They would have been villified throughout the state for killing the rivalry forever with SDSU and with harming SDSU by leaving the Summit unstable. We have a facilities project in front of the BOR right now for a new basketball facility and upgrading the DakotaDome capacity to 15,000+. Those projects very well could have been killed from the political fallout that would have erupted if we went to the Big Sky.

That's understandable. The politics in SD are clearly different from North Dakota, and you need to do what's necessary to avoid ticking off the board and the politicians.

I'm sure we'll all be fine. While the MVFC seems stable for now, I still wonder about where the Summit is going to look for new members in the future? Should be interesting.

Agreed. The way Viverito went about this was a bit shady. It's clear they only wanted one more member at most. So why are the Stu Whitney's of the world acting like UND was the one that did something wrong here? That's what I find so baffling.

That's understandable. The politics in SD are clearly different from North Dakota, and you need to do what's necessary to avoid ticking off the board and the politicians.

I'm sure we'll all be fine. While the MVFC seems stable for now, I still wonder about where the Summit is going to look for new members in the future? Should be interesting.

Remember that SD has no state income tax and little or no oil income so the complexion of the financial situation is entirely different. Not sure how they fund anything there.

They do keep getting businesses to move there amazingly. Taxes (lack of) are probably the big draw.

While the MVFC seems stable for now, I still wonder about where the Summit is going to look for new members in the future? Should be interesting.

According to Kolpack...they should look to UND or UNO.

As for the Summit, it could use another team; an odd number in a basketball league is not the optimal plan. So, it

Brilliant. Let's hope that the Big Sky gives UND the bird so that the Summit can add one more team to help with scheduling never mind that it would strand the UND football team in independent hell.

Udderly brilliant.

Plus what guarantee do we have that we get into the MVFC and UNO doesn't. Since they are location friendly.

Brilliant. Let's hope that the Big Sky gives UND the bird so that the Summit can add one more team to help with scheduling never mind that it would strand the UND football team in independent hell.

Udderly brilliant.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm happy with the Big Sky, and I hope the Big Sky presidents are still happy with UND despite our lack of travel partner in the eastern Dakota's. With that said, IF--and I repeat IF--the Big Sky is no longer happy with adding UND as an all-sports member due to travel concerns, it would seem that the logical way out of it would be to give UND a football-only bid, a la UC-Davis and Cal Poly. That's the one and only way Kolpack's suggestion makes any sense whatsoever.