SiouxSports.com Forum

UC-Davis

UNDvince97-01

I don't what everyone saw with Hendrickson back there, it looked to me like he had no idea what he was doing back there. He looks to be a good athlete, but a college qb? Maybe, there was a reason he moved to receiver? Lets face it Goska, can't or isn't making the throws, I don't think we will have a solution until after the season... unless we can pick someone off the waiver wire ;) .

Lennon's offensiver coordinator - the guy from Sioux Falls State = he schooled Mussman big time last year

Yes he did, but he had a tremendous talent at QB running that offense too. Obviously the Sioux need to recruit better and hopefully with the BSC as a carrot they can entice some kids to play here that otherwise would not consider it.

I don't what everyone saw with Hendrickson back there, it looked to me like he had no idea what he was doing back there. He looks to be a good athlete, but a college qb? Maybe, there was a reason he moved to receiver? Lets face it Goska, can't or isn't making the throws, I don't think we will have a solution until after the season... unless we can pick someone off the waiver wire ;) .

I agree, he looks like a good athlete that throws better than Goska but is still very inaccurate.

I agree, he looks like a good athlete that throws better than Goska but is still very inaccurate.

I don't remember Hardin touching the ball in the first half. Hendrickson gets in and Hardin is his first target. I doubt that he gotten even a fraction of the reps with the first team offense that Landry/Goska had this year. Goska has proven to be one dimensional.

I'm hoping that Hendrickson's overthrows were more to do with nerves from a first time and the adrenaline that goes along with it. We'll see next week.

Go Sioux!!

No kidding. One had doublemint gum on it, that was bizzare. I was trying to figure the phrases on the signs like it was that one gameshow...

All I could come up with was: Need Big Sky, need meaningful games, need better coaching decisions, need 100% effort from players.

Seriously though, I think we just let er rip with all young guys these last 2 weeks, likely lose both games, but get those guys bigtime road experience.

I say go with Hendrickson, and have him and the 2 redshirt freshman Comes and Demler battle it out in spring ball and fall practice for the starting spot next year.

One has a cross and the Cleveland Indians logo on it. I wonder what they mean?

What's with those "weird" signs the coaches hold?

Is that something to do with the "no huddle" offense?

Also can anyone explain what's up with the odd formations right before they they run into a "normal" formation and kick the extra point? Another coaching gimmick?

EUGENE, Ore. That poster on Oregon's sideline emblazoned with the face of the Burger King is not some sort of advertising ploy. It's a play.

Top-ranked Oregon, in an effort to speed up its lightning-fast offense, uses seemingly nonsensical placards hoisted on the sideline to convey plays to the Ducks on the field.

Oregon's sideline signs for playcalling

seems to be working okay for Oregon!

watching the game on TV back in Davis, I was surprised that the Ags won as easily as they did. Going into the game, I thought they had a chance if they could run (which they did), but i thought it would be close. Quarterback play in the first half for the Sioux was pretty bad. The replacement gave them some life in the 2nd half, but, he just didn't throw very accurately. without much of a running game, the offense wasn't too tough to stop.

in our radio pregame, Coach Biggs was concerned about the QB scrambling because 'their passing game isn't very sophisticated, so if the first receiver is covered, he's likely to run'. it was very clear what he meant. the difference in the passing game between the two teams was very evident.

my concern during the game was our penalties which kept giving you guys great field position. i thought it was a matter of time before our defense wore out, or gave up a short-field TD. i kind of understand your coach's thinking about punting on that 4th and short....he was probably thinking along the same lines as me.

i was impressed by the Sioux last year in Davis....not so much this year. again, the QB play was really not good, and that makes it hard to sustain drives. i thought Landry was a pretty gritty QB, who kept them in the game every time we tried to pull away.

This transition stuff is hard; we haven't exactly set the world on fire during our FCS tenure. it takes time to get the depth and playmakers to compete week in and week out. Getting into the BigSky, and gaining some exposure and stability will help us all!