SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers Nov. 7/8

CoteauRinkRat

I am hoping for a sweep, but would be satisfied with a split. The Gophers are very dangerous, especially with their backs against the wall. They are not unlike the Packers in that they will probably play with some desperation. Plus, they are very talented and lost 2 games to UMD in which they outplayed the Dogs for long stretches (much like our loss and tie to UMD last year).

I also hope that Andy Schneider plays, but if he has a high ankle sprain, I would say its not likely. Foyt played very well and should see some ice time.

Brandt should start both games. I was not a big fan his first 1 and 1/2 years, but he started to make a believer out of me at the end of last season. So far this year, he has looked very sharp. He is seeing the puck extremely well, moving very well in the crease and playing great position. He looks extremely confident, and the team will play more confident with Brandt in net.

Should be a great weekend!! :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Siouxhockey03...I'm glad Minnesota's top two defensemen are hurt. Maybe they'll never be able to play hockey again. That would be great. :D

I may be the only Sioux fan to say this, but part of me wishes that no one was hurt on either team. When both teams are 100 percent, there really is not reason to make excuses for a loss. With Ballard out, it gives those gopher fans an excuse "If we had Ballard, things would be different."

Honestly though, I do hope Ballard plays again. I didn't hear if it was very serious. Greyeagle or sagard, is it serious?

I agree with Siouxhockey03...I'm glad Minnesota's top two defensemen are hurt. Maybe they'll never be able to play hockey again. That would be great. :D

I don't speak the smilie language, but I hope you don't mean you wish them ill in the future. That would be sick. If the emoticon means you're joking, or being sarcastic, or whatever, then my apologies.

I am looking at a split between two good teams this upcoming weekend. While I would love to keep our record perfect in Mecca West, I don't think it will happen. Goon may have to give up and become a Gopher fan otherwise! :D I expect a Gopher win Firday and a Sioux win Saturday, both one goal games.

I would "say" more but I am too tired after three straight days of sports and tailgating for 12 hours yesterday...

WPoS

I'm seeing a split. The gophers are a much better team than their record reflects.

Key D-men from both teams are banged up.

I agree. The gopher forwards are ever dangerous and could put a licking on our team, even if we score heavily.

I see 6-4 type scores in these games, going either way.

The Gophers defensive problems runs deeper than just missing Ballard and Harrington, although it sure doesn't help. Vanelli, Taylor and Kennedy are seeing their first extensive NCAA play and it is without the luxury of being paired with a Leo, PMart, DeMarchi, or Angell. Stevens and JMartin are playing against top line players instead of 3rd and 4th liners. Not to mention the fact they are experimenting with Sertich on the blue line.

I know it gets old hearing promises from Gophers fans that they will be better later in the season, but at this point it can't get much worse. If the Gophers can get a win in Grand Forks the young defense should gain some confidence and hopefully get a couple wins in UW. But after seeing good teams get smoked in GF for so many years, I'm not to hopeful. North Dakota should get 35-45 shots both nights and I'm not confident the Gophers will be able to match UND goal for goal.

As the party line goes, the late season matchups @ Mariucci and playoffs will be a lot more intense. I optimistically predict 3pts for UND.

The Gophers defensive problems runs deeper than just missing Ballard and Harrington, although it sure doesn't help.  Vanelli, Taylor and Kennedy are seeing their first extensive NCAA play and it is without the luxury of being paired with a Leo, PMart, DeMarchi, or Angell.  Stevens and JMartin are playing against top line players instead of 3rd and 4th liners.  Not to mention the fact they are experimenting with Sertich on the blue line.

I know it gets old hearing promises from Gophers fans that they will be better later in the season, but at this point it can't get much worse.  If the Gophers can get a win in Grand Forks the young defense should gain some confidence and hopefully get a couple wins in UW.  But after seeing good teams get smoked in GF for so many years, I'm not to hopeful.  North Dakota should get 35-45 shots both nights and I'm not confident the Gophers will be able to match UND goal for goal.

As the party line goes, the late season matchups @ Mariucci and playoffs will be a lot more intense.  I optimistically predict 3pts for UND.

traitor! :D

I am looking at a split between two good teams this upcoming weekend. While I would love to keep our record perfect in Mecca West, I don't think it will happen. Goon may have to give up and become a Gopher fan otherwise! :D I expect a Gopher win Firday and a Sioux win Saturday, both one goal games.

I would "say" more but I am too tired after three straight days of sports and tailgating for 12 hours yesterday...

WPoS

Ever heard the phrase when hell freezes over? Hell I will take up drinking on a full time basis before I become a Gopher fan.

Why are goopher fans so in love with tallekson? I'm sure the sioux could have dressed beasley last year and used his 10 foot reach to score goals.

When you see Tallakson in person he is the UGLIEST skater. TV doesn't make him look that horrible. They really need to equip him with those ice walkers that little kids use.

Why are goopher fans so in love with tallekson? I'm sure the sioux could have dressed beasley last year and used his 10 foot reach to score goals.

When you see Tallakson in person he is the UGLIEST skater. TV doesn't make him look that horrible. They really need to equip him with those ice walkers that little kids use.

Probably the same reason forecheck was in love with Durno. Oh wait. That was his hair :D

I am optimistic. I think Schneider is on crutches and will be until Friday just before game time. Why? Because I'm stupid enough to believe that if you keep the weight off of it for as long as possible, the faster it will heal.

Anyone know the rules on dressing and not dressing a player? My question regards the warmups 30 min before game time. If a player dresses and skates during that warm up, can he still be scratched for the game and another replace him? In other words, if Schneider tries to skate in the pregame warmups and cannot do it, can Foyt be added to the roster and Schneider scratched?

Probably the same reason forecheck was in love with Durno. Oh wait. That was his hair :D

I am optimistic. I think Schneider is on crutches and will be until Friday just before game time. Why? Because I'm stupid enough to believe that if you keep the weight off of it for as long as possible, the faster it will heal.

Anyone know the rules on dressing and not dressing a player? My question regards the warmups 30 min before game time. If a player dresses and skates during that warm up, can he still be scratched for the game and another replace him? In other words, if Schneider tries to skate in the pregame warmups and cannot do it, can Foyt be added to the roster and Schneider scratched?

Im sure he will try skating before warmups.

WPOS, are you making the games this weekend?  Cuz I gotta beer with your name on it.  Think HoneyWeiss, $3 pitchers, Brannigans after the game.  ???

Forecheck, unfortunatly no, I will be in SC for a wedding I get to be in.... :) I was hoping to make it, had tickets all lined up and then my bud tells me I get to stand up for him....

Ever heard the phrase when hell freezes over? Hell I will take up drinking on a full time basis before I become a Gopher fan.

Goon, that means you are already a Gopher fan! :D

WPoS

Forecheck, unfortunatly no, I will be in SC for a wedding I get to be in.... :)  I was hoping to make it, had tickets all lined up and then my bud tells me I get to stand up for him....

Too bad. I actually *gasp* had fun drinking with you guys last year at the Final Five....after I got over your constant ribbing of the Sioux. :D???

A reunion Siouxsports vs. POI hockey game would have been fun.