SiouxSports.com Forum

Last Call

nodak hockey fanatic

I know that most of this is probably spread out over the nickname thread, sioux hockey 2010-11, and others, but thought we could have a thread dedicated to stories, memories, predictions, or whatever for the final "official" season as the Fighting Sioux. Kind of sad, although I know it is time to move on. The tradition is not the Fighting Sioux name, but the program, coaches and players of the past and future, and the NC$$ can't take that no matter how hard they try. So favorite Sioux memories? Predictions for the final season?

The final Sioux-Goof series in January should be great! And hopefully they can march to the X in April as one last big, stinky finger to the NC$$!

I'm not much of a predictions guy, but there were many great memories I had in the few short years of being a Sioux fan.

My fondest was in Madison, at the 2008 Regional championship when we beat Wisconsin in OT on their home ice to go to a 4th straight Frozen Four, and getting our 3rd chance in as many years to take down B*ston C*llege. Too bad it didn't end the way we wanted.

I've only been going to the games for a couple years so some of my most memorable moments were sweeping UMN 2 years ago by putting up 12 goals on them in a weekend as well as the first round playoffs last year. Last year's Final 5 was pretty memorable too.

Playing in the old Ralph 98-99 timeline against the Goofers...during a timeout late in the game the crowd was so loud that the Gofer bench wasn't even listening to Woog; they just kep looking up into the stands to check out the crazy people in the stands...we even managed to get Woog's attention; he seemed kinda pissed that he couldn't communicate with his team...:)

Last season as the Fighting Sioux?

I guess there's only one thing left to do then...

"Win the whole f'ing thing"

:)

Damn straight. I would love nothing more than to have the Sioux take their 8th Title, and get some national TV exposure for the name/logo as they ride off into the Sunset.

Playing in the old Ralph 98-99 timeline against the Goofers...during a timeout late in the game the crowd was so loud that the Gofer bench wasn't even listening to Woog; they just kep looking up into the stands to check out the crazy people in the stands...we even managed to get Woog's attention; he seemed kinda pissed that he couldn't communicate with his team...:)

As if Woog could ever communicate with his team.