New Recruits

dagies

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
BRANDON LONGLEY IS PLAYING WITH THE GREEN BAY GAMBLERS IN THE USHL. LAST RUMOR I HEARD IS THAT NORTH DAKOTA WANTS HIM AFTER HIS SENIOR YEAR.(HE'S ONLY A JUNIOR)HE'S UNDERSIZED AT 5'8" OR 5'9" BUT PLAYS MUCH BIGGER THAN HE IS. HE WOULD HAVE LOOKED GOOD IN AN ELKS UNIFORM THIS WEEKEND !

This was on a gopher message board.

Parise looks like a Panzer type player while Hirsch sounds more like a B. Lundbohm kind of guy.  Either will probably do pretty well in college, but I'd put my money on Parise.  Having people say you are the best to ever play in a tournament that has seen many future pro's is quite a compliment.

Aye, bro.  Bochenski has been the lone freshman this season to live up to his billing and then some.  

The guy is a goal scoring guru.  If he works on his skating skills over the Summer and maintains a hard-working attitude, he could be phenomenal next season.

Now, back to the thread subject.  Parise has been described as "The real deal" by Hennesey and I'm hoping he can have a freshman season that confirms it.  I'm hoping Matt Greene is as good as the freshmen Defensemen we got for this season.  Schneider, Jones and Fuher have all done an excellent job for being as "Greene" as they were.

"The guy" tells me that Deano is still after a couple offensive recruits.  That means he might indeed sack a few of the freshmen that had less-than-stellar seasons.  This may or may not happen, but I believe it to be true.

Here's to a better 2002-3.  I've done some crunching of numbers, and it looks pretty good... :) ... :( ... ;)

Kuhninca, I hope you only heard half right.  I hope you were supposed to hear "offensive defensemen" recruits.  Frankly I think we are in good shape for forwards.  Let's get someone who can move the puck out of our zone with confidence.

Unless this heralds the loss of Bayda too.  Still, forward depth should not be an issue.

Kuhn, one thing about Bochenski.  In my opinion he does not need to "maintain" a hard work attitude, he needs to find one.  I like him and all, but I don't believe he really goes out to "win" every shift.  I think he thinks about scoring first and thinks about defense if the thought comes to him.  he's got some attitude work to do before he is a really strong all around player.  I hope Bayda sticks around to be Captain next year and lead Bo by example.

Interesting, dagies.  Thanks for the info.  I had e-mailed Chris Heisenberg with the same question, but haven't heard back from him yet.  It should be interesting to see how he does at Lincoln next year.

Regarding Parise's effect on recruiting, I'm hoping some slick defenseman from the Canadian prairie sees what the forward lines look like for the next few years and wants to pad his assist stats a bit.  There must be one out there somewhere.

Blais has talked (radio) about "five incoming" plus Colby Genoway becoming eligible.

The five would be:

F: Zach Parise and Quinn Fylling

D: Matt Greene and Lee Marvin

G: Layne Sedevie

F Eric Fabian is for 2003 I believe.

F Chris Porter will play 2002-2003 in the USHL (Lincoln?) or so I have heard.

• 3 weeks later...

One other thing:  I noticed on the website for Mr. Later's team that a few of its former players include Arnason, Westcott and Ritchie Larson, so Mr. Dahl may have some kind of connection there.

Wow, that guy has some serious PIM.  I'd suspect he would be a good enforcer, a nice cleanup guy.  SCCC has Conboy coming in, who's pretty impressive in that area too, but this guy is almost the second coming of Archibald.  :)