SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Fan and his envy of the Sioux.

747Guy

Yeah, I am the Sioux fan who stated that "championship goalies" have .920 save percentages.

I was misquoted, as I was repeating something I heard on the radio. Tim Hennessey said that goalies who have .920 save percentages win championships, or at least, they SHOULD. The "Adam Hauser thing" this guy is refering to is from when I was taking shots at every Sioux fans favorite Gopher goalie, the one and only, "how do ya like me now", HUMAN SIEVE himself!!!! Apparently, this guy took offense to my poking fun at ol' Adam, so he had to write this article. I have to commend him for his research with all those other goal-tenders' save percentages, though. He IS right about one thing though, I did say that Adam Hauser only won because of the team in front of him, and I won't EVER retract that statement.

Apparently, this guy took offense to my poking fun at ol' Adam, so he had to write this article. I have to commend him for his research with all those other goal-tenders' save percentages, though. He IS right about one thing though, I did say that Adam Hauser only won because of the team in front of him, and I won't EVER retract that statement.

I doubt the author's taking "offense" does not compare to you getting in a huff over a funny piece of work, and then seeing fit to defend yourself here.

BTW: Were you the one to get hauled down by the cops? :(:D

UND: consistently winning titles: 50's, 60's, 80's, 90's, 00's -------- what more needs to be said, well .........

7 titles over a span of 5 decades or 5 titles over 2 decades, (23 years removed)? Don't get me wrong, back to back titles is awesome and it is a difficult feat, and should be loudly applauded --- and I wish UND had been able to accomplish it in 2001 --- but, I think the fact that UND has had championship teams in almost every decade since the inception of the NCAA championship game is something which is beyond compare. (FYI: Michigan won the first championship game in 1948 (40's,50's,60's,90's) and BC won the 2nd one in 1949 (40's,00's), Wisconsin's were in 70's,80's,90's)

No wonder the Gopher fans can be a "little" antagonistic, it would be hard to have a team, which was consistantly good or better than good, that failed for 26 years to reach the pinnacle, then get their hopes up and win 3 in quick succession, only to have to wait 23 more years for the next one/two --- especially when teams like UND and Wisconsin kept on winning on a consistent basis.

C'mon ScottM I was really trying to get the pot stirred up for the season opener with the Rodents from Minnehopeless. :( I agree we should not get bent on this, but I think it is a clear point of the envy some/all Gopher fans have of the FIGHTING SIOUX and the tradition of hockey excellence in Grand Forks! :D

C'mon ScottM I was really trying to get the pot stirred up for the season opener with the Rodents from Minnehopeless. :) I agree we should not get bent on this, but I think it is a clear point of the envy some/all Gopher fans have of the FIGHTING SIOUX and the tradition of hockey excellence in Grand Forks! :D

Nah, I'll take our tradition of winning before UND even had a hockey program anyday! ;) Count a few of the big wins before the inception of the NCAA and you may be a bit less vocal! :(

The site in question is always good for a laugh! Even if you are not a Gopher fan!

WPoS

Nah, I'll take our tradition of winning before UND even had a hockey program anyday! :( Count a few of the big wins before the inception of the NCAA and you may be a bit less vocal! :D

The site in question is always good for a laugh! Even if you are not a Gopher fan!

WPoS

Just because I'm too lazy to search the internet and find out, but how MANY teams were around before the Sioux?

I'm talking college and not semi-pro teams here.

Have you ever heard of satire, 747?

North Dakota

Ralph Englestad has passed on, but his legacy lives on with the largest structure in Dakota Territory - Englestad Arena. When they aren't playing hockey, they're stealing pull tabs and printing money. This year it is expected that they will be rotating nine goalies. And if they all fail, somehow, some way, Dean Blais will find some random goalie from the depths of Northern Saskatchewan and make him "eligible" in mid-season.

Here is the Skillz take on the Fighting Sioux.

Well....that explains how you could have had a winning tradition at that time.

:(

And in case you are wondering the Gophs have two more national titles prior to NCAA... :)

Just because I'm too lazy to search the internet and find out, but how MANY teams were around before the Sioux?

I'm talking college and not semi-pro teams here.

I know the Gopher started the winning tradition at least in 1922, when North Dakota had a population of 82 ( and 42654 buffalo) and was still a territory... :D;)

WPoS

Have you ever heard of pathological jealousy? That stuff's funny on a jr. high school level...

Is that why the UND fans constantly have to tell Gopher fans that they have more banners!?!?? Sound like a bit of jealousy on UND fans' part if you ask me! :D

WPoS

I doubt the author's taking "offense" does not compare to you getting in a huff over a funny piece of work, and then seeing fit to defend yourself here.

BTW: Were you the one to get hauled down by the cops? :(:D

You're right, it is a funny piece of work. Kind of like "The Onion", isn't it? I wasn't actually trying to defend myself, but I guess it came off that way. But what guy getting hauled down by the cops are you talking about? I know for a fact it wasn't me, but this sounds like a good story.