SiouxSports.com Forum

Please Don't Go

KirkEisenbeis

Y'all should be pleased to know that I'm not going to Detroit, no matter what.

I've been to six of the last ten Frozen Fours. (correction: 7 of 11)

The Sioux have been to seven of the last twelve. (correction: 7 of 13)

All four times that I made arrangements ahead of time, they didn't make it.

1999 L in Regional (Anaheim)

2002 Did not make NCAAs (St. Paul)

2004 L in Regional (Boston)

2009 L Regional (Washington, DC)

I have yet to see the Sioux win a FF game. All three times I went at the last minute, they didn't win a game.

2006 L (Milwaukee)

2007 L (St. Louis)

2008 L (Denver)

In the other six instances, they made it four times and are 6-2 with two championships in those FF games.

1997 WW (Milwaukee)

1998 L in Regional (Boston)*

2000 WW (Providence)

2001 WL (Albany)

2003 L in Regional (Buffalo)

2005 WL (Columbus)

*If you want to stretch the coincidence to include Dave Berger's attendance, you can kick 1998 up into the first category.

It's worth noting that I had a chance to go to the 1997 Sioux championship in Milwaukee, but girlfriend drama kept me in Grand Forks.

I'm kind of with you on this. Me and a buddy usually go to the Final 5 but were unable to make it this year. The last time we didn't go...guess what...we won it then too. I will be accepting donations to keep me out of St. Paul during the next F5. Address to be posted later :D :D

You stole my bit :D

Though as I said then...

My group has hit 4 of the past 8 Frozen Fours ('98, '99, '02, '04) and the Sioux have made 3 ('97, '00, '01). The astute reader may not need a Venn diagram to analyze the intersection between those two sets. Despite my long-running observation that the Sioux seem to do best on the "rebuilding years" as opposed to those in which they rode in on a #1 ranking, the years we had gone to Frozen Fours were only coincidentally those in which the Sioux were highly ranked; we chose them because of the host cities (Boston, Anaheim, Minneapolis, and Boston). We had not planned on coming to Columbus, though we did hold onto a set of tickets and I did quietly observe that Columbus was only about a 6 hour drive from my home. Everyone knows what the Sioux did in Worcester and I was on the phone from my local sports bar making travel plans as the B.C. game wound down. I'm now happy to report that the curse lies not with me, but with those other friends who were with me those other four years but could not make it this year (you know who you are).

I have actually seen a win, in Columbus.

Given the previous posts in this thread, I'm starting to think I should free my calendar for Detroit... sounds like the Sioux stand a real shot.

been to 7 frozen 4's in the last 10 years mostly with my uncle/family and good friends from back in g forks. i feel very fortunate to have seen my team in 6 of them and went to see bsu last year. the trip takes a different angle if you lose thursday :D its a must for all fans here if possible someday to experience a frozen 4 and especially if the sioux are in it! its unbelievable how many sioux fans show up to frozen 4's all over the nation. lets invaid detroit city!

oh and FU gerbe :D:lol:

lets get back to the dance and win the damn thing!!

AZSIOUX, the trip definitely takes a turn when you lose Thursday. My most-crushing memory was getting whipped by BC in the first game of the Milwaukee 2006 FF. It took almost two beers at BWW before my group said more than ten words--we were stunned that it was over just like that.

Overnight, I thought of another way to organize this.

1-6 vs 17-5

During periods where I have made arrangements to be at the FF, the Sioux NCAA tourney game record is 1-6 (plus the only year where they didn

AZSIOUX, the trip definitely takes a turn when you lose Thursday. My most-crushing memory was getting whipped by BC in the first game of the Milwaukee 2006 FF. It took almost two beers at BWW before my group said more than ten words--we were stunned that it was over just like that.

I didn't mind the Milwaukee loss as much as the Denver loss to BC.

At least in Milwaukee the Sioux were challenging them and making a game of it. In Denver it was just such a one-sided game. The Sioux were out of that game well before the 1st period was over.

I live an hour from Detroit and there's no way in hell I'm going, even if the Sioux make it. That should tell you what terrible luck I have with the Sioux. As a matter of fact, I haven't attended a Sioux win since I was in college and they played in the old arena (granted, I haven't been to a game in Grand Forks in 3 years, but I've seen them play at least once every year).

I live an hour from Detroit and there's no way in hell I'm going, even if the Sioux make it. That should tell you what terrible luck I have with the Sioux. As a matter of fact, I haven't attended a Sioux win since I was in college and they played in the old arena (granted, I haven't been to a game in Grand Forks in 3 years, but I've seen them play at least once every year).

this needs to change :D especially when you live a hour from a potential frozen 4! for all the sioux fans out there that cant make it and would die to be that close to go you better have a ticket package bought if they make it :D:lol:

this needs to change :D especially when you live a hour from a potential frozen 4! for all the sioux fans out there that cant make it and would die to be that close to go you better have a ticket package bought if they make it :D:lol:

Siouxtimes2, you better be at the FF if the Sioux make it. I had tickets to the FF but had to sell them because i am deployed to the middle east. I would give anything to be there, so if you don't go, shame on you.

I didn't mind the Milwaukee loss as much as the Denver loss to BC.

At least in Milwaukee the Sioux were challenging them and making a game of it. In Denver it was just such a one-sided game. The Sioux were out of that game well before the 1st period was over.

I also made the trip to Milwaukee. What sucked about that was I got there and couldn't check into my hotel yet so my Wife and I got ready in the car and than we lost the game. At that point we hadn't even checked into our hotel and weren't sure if we should stay or just turn around and go home. We stayed, but that was a very disappointing weekend.

Siouxtimes2, you better be at the FF if the Sioux make it. I had tickets to the FF but had to sell them because i am deployed to the middle east. I would give anything to be there, so if you don't go, shame on you.

I don't know, I'm still covered in the stink of last years Great Lakes Invitational. I'd rather watch them win on TV than watch them lose in person. :D From what I've heard from people in the area, even if I went I wouldn't be able to actually see the games anyway as a result of the way they're configuring the seating at Ford Field.

By the way, thanks for serving our country and providing us with the freedom to cling to such irrational superstitions. :D

I don't know, I'm still covered in the stink of last years Great Lakes Invitational. I'd rather watch them win on TV than watch them lose in person. :D From what I've heard from people in the area, even if I went I wouldn't be able to actually see the games anyway as a result of the way they're configuring the seating at Ford Field.

By the way, thanks for serving our country and providing us with the freedom to cling to such irrational superstitions. :D

It is my pleasure, just wish i could have used my tickets this year.

Keep n mind that a core value to being a Sioux player is resovle and a NEVER surrender attitude. I think that goes for the fans as well. Do the Sioux tradition proud and never give up!

I am going to officially rename Evan Trupp to Evan SiouxsGerbe the Great and then we will all be ok. Anyone know where the courthouse is??

Seriously though, do you all remember what the Gophers did to us in that series in Grand Forks a few years back where IRmen and Pultony trators did with the kicking our butt and rubbing it in our faces with the jersey pumping act.

Ya then remember how we went into their barn the next year when they were #1 in the country and just demolished them. The Gophers have never recovered from that in my opinion.

I bring this up because this is what we need to do to BC!!

In fact, I think our greatest victory this year would be do beat them 8-0!! I would feel about as good with that as getting a National Championship. I mean really, three straight Frozen Four Victories over us?!?!

We need to Knock them DOWN!! Enough is Enough I say, and I wish I could be there to say (yell) it, all game long! Sioux fans should go to the game and sit behind the BC bench and yell that nonstop all game long and we will be victorious!

even with the crushing thursday loss, denver was still a good time. but that was denver. i don't mean to offend anyone, but what the hell is there to do in detroit other than hockey? don't get me wrong, that's enough, i would go if i could, but if the sioux get there and happen to lose thurday again, i don't know if i would stick around for the weekend. now of course the sioux will be there :D and of course they will not lose :D just throwing hypotheticals out there.

even with the crushing thursday loss, denver was still a good time. but that was denver. i don't mean to offend anyone, but what the hell is there to do in detroit other than hockey? don't get me wrong, that's enough, i would go if i could, but if the sioux get there and happen to lose thurday again, i don't know if i would stick around for the weekend. now of course the sioux will be there :D and of course they will not lose :D just throwing hypotheticals out there.

...with all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour... - Apollo 13

Go Sioux!!

Thanks for your service top your country. Keep your flak vest buttoned up; you K-Pot fastened on and keep your powder dry. May you return soon, safe and sound.

welll, keeping in with the brewery crawl that was previous frozen fours (not sure about D.C.). There are several breweries in the Detroit area, listed here: Click Here and of course the attractions that every city says that they have, listed here: Click Here again!....Don't you just love Google!

gfbugman - Thanks for your service, sorry you can't make it this year to the FF. Come home soon and safely, but mostly come home alive.