SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5 thoughts

AZSIOUX

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question is tonight's game going to be on directv? If anyone knows could they please be kind enough to post it please thank you.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

It will be on channel 668. According to my search, it looks like it will also be on channel 683. We are heading into a great weekend for college hockey on DirecTv. WCHA Final Five Tourney, ECAC Tourney, Hockey East Tourney and CCHA Tourney games will all be aired.

So, "Final Five Thoughts".

Kinda hard to trim it to just five. :huh:

1. I am REALLY glad we get last change tonight vs UMD. With a short-manned D corps, guys like Davidson and Fienhage will be logging a lot of minutes. Blood/MacWilliam and Marto/Lapointer to draw the assignment vs UMD's top line.

2. Also REALLY hope we get an early lead and can play the whole roster. Come Saturday night (double wink) we'll need fresh legs.

3. Interesting to see how VV and Malone fare with Frattin in the pressbox. Kinda hate to see all the lines get juggled - maybe Knight on that line?

4. Who wants it more: UMD's season is "almost certainly" over with a loss tonight. UND is playing for a #1 seed and a chance to come back to the X next weekend and play in front of several thousand Sioux fans.

5. Style of play. UND likes to play uptempo pressure. UMD's top guys have great wheels. This could be some fun hockey to watch.

GO SIOUX!

Well if the league was worried about losing money without the Gophers there I would think they can rest easy, I thought it was a pretty packed house last night? Heck of a game to start the Final Five, it's ashame UMD seemed to give up at the end there, could have seen that game going to OT....or a few! :huh:

Well if the league was worried about losing money without the Gophers there I would think they can rest easy, I thought it was a pretty packed house last night? Heck of a game to start the Final Five, it's ashame UMD seemed to give up at the end there, could have seen that game going to OT....or a few! :huh:

Just about 16,000 there for the play in. Great turnout by Sioux fans, you have to think many more will show up tonight and tomorrow. Not too many gopher fans that I saw, but some might have been incognito.

Just about 16,000 there for the play in. Great turnout by Sioux fans, you have to think many more will show up tonight and tomorrow. Not too many gopher fans that I saw, but some might have been incognito.

That was me! Just didn't feel like getting any grief. Just going in "College Hockey Fan" mode this weekend! :huh: I might mix in a Gopher sweatshirt tomorrow and see what happens. :D

Going with my head and not my heart:

UMD 4 Sioux 2 (ENG)

Sioux are nicked up, Duluth is desperate, one of the Sioux's sparkplugs and hottest players is sitting.

Friday

SCSU 4 WI 3 (going out on a limb here)

Denver 4 UMD 2

Sat

WI 4 UMD 3

Denver 3 SCSU 2

already wrong!!! :huh: